The beginning of the end for The Big Tuna???

Jetfan13

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would give Jets fans the bigger hard-on, Parcells leaving Miami or Brady leaving football to pursue his modeling career? Honest question.

This is a stupid question...Brady leaving Football of course. Nobody gives a **** about Parcells leaving the Dolphags because we all know him to well and that marriage will be very short lived and the Dolphags are completely irrelevant....but both would give me a significant chubby.

You know what would give me a raging hardon? You leaving this board, never to return.

What would give Jets fans the bigger hard-on, Parcells leaving Miami or Brady leaving football to pursue his modeling career? Honest question.

doesn't matter what parcells does over there. you're about to witness the continuation of CPF. you got a good dose of it against the ravens in that embarassment of a play-off game.....just wait it will be fun for jets fans to watch him mire another team in mediocrity. especially since it's the dolphags.

This is stupid question...Brady leaving Football of course. Nobody gives a **** about Parcells leaving the Dolphags because we all know him to well and that marriage will be very short lived and the Dolphags are completely irrelevant....but both would give me a significant chubby.

You know what would give me a raging hardon? You leaving this board, never to return.

Thing is, having me involved with one of your "raging hard-ons" is F-ing creepy and disturbing. Please don't do that again.

Back on topic, it's nice to see all of the inflated hope and optimisim around here. Only Jets fans could be so disillusioned as to think they'll win with a rookie coach & QB. And before you start talking about Ryan and Flacco's success from last year, they were the exception, not the rule. Only 8 rookie QB's starting their rookie year have made it to the playoffs, ever.

Thing is, having me involved with one of your "raging hard-ons" is F-ing creepy and disturbing. Please don't do that again.

Back on topic, it's nice to see all of the inflated hope and optimisim around here. Only Jets fans could be so disillusioned as to think they'll win with a rookie coach & QB. And before you start talking about Ryan and Flacco's success from last year, they were the exception, not the rule. Only 8 rookie QB's starting their rookie year have made it to the playoffs, ever.

i don't think too many of us are expecting play-offs. the most delusional thing going on around here is you miami ass-jockey fanss thinkning you are legitimate contenders for the afc championship. you'll be lucky to win 6 games this year.

see, this is why we all think you are just a flaming tool...where has anyone in this thread even mentioned Sanchez? It is typical of you dol-fag fans to try and change the subject when backed into your little hole. This article is about Parcells and his tendency to leave a franchise after a couple years in salary cap hell. Although I will admit he doesn't seem to be sinking the dol-fags $ future, he will be gone before you know it

Please just go away Crashing jerkoff. That would make SO many of us here happy. Adios.

As Patriots fan I have as much of a vested interest to see the Dolphins fail as a Jets fan. But I ain't buying this is a problem.

So far it appears Ross doesn't meddle in the football operations being less involved than the other three AFCE owners. I don't see him telling BP to go traded for a 40 year old QB for star power the way Woody did with Tanny.

Ross seems to be very content bringing in star power by way of co-owners. He might be the only owner in the NFL who personally chooses each and every song to be played during the half time show, yet provides zero input on who should be drafted.

You asked.

And there are very few "disillusioned" Jets fans...most of us...like myself...feel we are going to be at best a .500 team. 6, 7 wins is probably more accurate.

The irony of this all is that you dip**** dolphag fans actually think you guys are going to have similar success as you did last year...and you have audacity to call us disillusioned.

You asked.

And there are very few "disillusioned" Jets fans...most of us...like myself...feel we are going to be at best a .500 team. 6, 7 wins is probably more accurate.

The irony of this all is that you dip**** dolphag fans actually think you guys are going to have similar success as you did last year...and you have audacity to call us disillusioned.

I think we'll be a solid team. If we can keep teams from putting up big numbers on defense, we should be able to be in the playoff hunt by December. Sorry, but we have the pieces in place that are needed to win as well as a top notch coaching staff.

Plus, we were undefeated in the pre season, so we have to be good... I kid I kid.

I think we'll be a solid team. If we can keep teams from putting up big numbers on defense, we should be able to be in the playoff hunt by December. Sorry, but we have the pieces in place that are needed to win as well as a top notch coaching staff.

Plus, we were undefeated in the pre season, so we have to be good... I kid I kid.

Top-notch CS??

They have a year under their belt, and came out of left field to surprise the NFL. It was admirable and honestly a fantastic job.

But there was this guy in NY that did the same thing in '06, and returned most of the same pieces in '07 and then got destroyed... with a tougher schedule and borderline talent on D. EVERYTHING you guys do this year revolved around a D that is based on generating pressure. Last year I think one of the keys you guys had was health. Your important pieces stayed healthy.

They're a year older and if you lose a guy or two don't make it seem like you "won't miss a step." It'll hurt, and Chad won't put you on his back and carry you to offensive victories. The league has tape, a years worth, to adjust to the Dolphins.

A top-notch coaching staff will adjust and adapt. You can't tell that till there is success and sustain it. Right now you have the potential of a top-notch staff. I'll buy into that if the Phins put together another impressive year with this schedule and that roster.

your offense is a joke.

Top-notch CS??

They have a year under their belt, and came out of left field to surprise the NFL. It was admirable and honestly a fantastic job.

But there was this guy in NY that did the same thing in '06, and returned most of the same pieces in '07 and then got destroyed... with a tougher schedule and borderline talent on D. EVERYTHING you guys do this year revolved around a D that is based on generating pressure. Last year I think one of the keys you guys had was health. Your important pieces stayed healthy.

They're a year older and if you lose a guy or two don't make it seem like you "won't miss a step." It'll hurt, and Chad won't put you on his back and carry you to offensive victories. The league has tape, a years worth, to adjust to the Dolphins.

A top-notch coaching staff will adjust and adapt. You can't tell that till there is success and sustain it. Right now you have the potential of a top-notch staff. I'll buy into that if the Phins put together another impressive year with this schedule and that roster.

I stopped reading as soon as I realized you were comparing Eric Mangina to Tony Sparano. Pure poppy ****, your post is.

I stopped reading as soon as I realized you were comparing Eric Mangina to Tony Sparano. Pure poppy ****, your post is.

Right. Cause it's not a fair comparison.

I'm not saying he's the same coach, I'm saying the circumstances are incredibly similar. If Sparano has a crappy year with this team then they are even more closely similar.

If you don't want to acknowledge that then you really are a trolling piece of ****. You guys are the saddest forms of life anywhere.

Like I said, you actually have the audacity to call us disillusioned.

His post was spot on.

Of all the dolphag fans I know in this word, which living in FL is a ton! I have only met or talked to one fan that actually knows what he is talking about.

You are not that person.

Right. Cause it's not a fair comparison.

I'm not saying he's the same coach, I'm saying the circumstances are incredibly similar. If Sparano has a crappy year with this team then they are even more closely similar.

If you don't want to acknowledge that then you really are a trolling piece of ****. You guys are the saddest forms of life anywhere.

We'll have to wait untill the end of the year to have a conclusion on this topic, but I will hold firm in my belief that Sparano is twice the coach Mangini was and that the Dolphin players will play harder for Sparano than Jets players would have for Mangini. So, comparing the two is moot because of the attitude of the players. Fact is, Mangini took a 4 win team to 10 wins his rookie season, Sparano took a 1 win team to 11 wins. What Sparano did far outweighs the job Mangini did.

Not to mention the building the Dolphins are doing through the draft. We have 5 players from last year who are starters and are looking at similar success for this years draft class. Meanwhile, in Jet land, draft picks are traded like baseball cards. What did the Jets have, 3 draft picks this year?

Like I said, you actually have the audacity to call us disillusioned.

His post was spot on.

Of all the dolphag fans I know in this word, which living in FL is a ton! I have only met or talked to one fan that actually knows what he is talking about.

You are not that person.

Oh gee, don't hurt my feelings :lickt:

We'll have to wait untill the end of the year to have a conclusion on this topic, but I will hold firm in my belief that Sparano is twice the coach Mangini was and that the Dolphin players will play harder for Sparano than Jets players would have for Mangini. So, comparing the two is moot because of the attitude of the players. Fact is, Mangini took a 4 win team to 10 wins his rookie season, Sparano took a 1 win team to 11 wins. What Sparano did far outweighs the job Mangini did.

Not to mention the building the Dolphins are doing through the draft. We have 5 players from last year who are starters and are looking at similar success for this years draft class. Meanwhile, in Jet land, draft picks are traded like baseball cards. What did the Jets have, 3 draft picks this year?

Oh gee, don't hurt my feelings :lickt:

1 win FAR outweighs??? Ok, well sorry I guess I didn't realize that. Players play hard when they're winning. If the Jets are horrid this year people will say Ryan talks too much and doesn't motivate his players. If they play well then he's a motivational genius.

OH MY GOD 5 PLAYERS FROM LAST YEAR THAT ARE STARTERS THROUGH THE DRAFT HOW CAN WE COMPARE. OUR TEAM IS IN SHAMBLES.

D-Brick: Not a top tier LT, but a solid steady hand on a very good O-lineman.

Mangold: One of the 3 best centers in the game

Leon Washington: Right, need I say more

Darrel Revis: See above

David Harris: Amazing rookie campaign, injuries slowed him last year, looks to have a bounceback this year

Dustin Keller: Good year last year, will only get better with time

I think we're doing OK through the draft and if Sanchez and Greene pan out then I'm not exactly complaining as a fan. I'm not bringing up Stuckey cause although he's a starter I have NO CLUE what the kid is gonna give us.

I'm not going to debate with Crash over his blindness to the fact that the Fins suck.

It will be hilarious watching the Fin fans' surprise in losing a string of games. "Oh my God, how is this happening? I can't believe it!" That sort of thing.

1 win FAR outweighs??? Ok, well sorry I guess I didn't realize that. Players play hard when they're winning. If the Jets are horrid this year people will say Ryan talks too much and doesn't motivate his players. If they play well then he's a motivational genius.

OH MY GOD 5 PLAYERS FROM LAST YEAR THAT ARE STARTERS THROUGH THE DRAFT HOW CAN WE COMPARE. OUR TEAM IS IN SHAMBLES.

D-Brick: Not a top tier LT, but a solid steady hand on a very good O-lineman.

Mangold: One of the 3 best centers in the game

Leon Washington: Right, need I say more

Darrel Revis: See above

David Harris: Amazing rookie campaign, injuries slowed him last year, looks to have a bounceback this year

Dustin Keller: Good year last year, will only get better with time

I think we're doing OK through the draft and if Sanchez and Greene pan out then I'm not exactly complaining as a fan. I'm not bringing up Stuckey cause although he's a starter I have NO CLUE what the kid is gonna give us.

Dude, I said 5 starters from last years draft. You went ahead and pointed out your starters from the last 4 drafts, 3 of which the Jets moved up to draft, thereby giving up additional draft picks. Probably the reason the Jets have no depth is that they use all of their other picks trading for 40 year old QB's.

PS: Why no love for Gholston when espousing the holiness of the Jets drafting?

Dude, I said 5 starters from last years draft. You went ahead and pointed out your starters from the last 4 drafts, 3 of which the Jets moved up to draft, thereby giving up additional draft picks. Probably the reason the Jets have no depth is that they use all of their other picks trading for 40 year old QB's.

Ok fair enough, why no love for Gholston? Cause he's done jack. What should I defend him? You seem to think you, being a "intelligent" Dolphins fan can pronounce all of us here as delusional.

You're a cancer on this board and it's sad that you were grand fathered in and have protection to have free reign to be a general jerk-off. What's more irritating is I have two good friends who are Phins fans. And I talk ball with them all the time. They make points, I make points we talk, and generally act like normal people.

You just come on here to piss on everything, make a little cute remark to seem like you're friendly, or bring up "I've been here when the Phins suck."

You're pontificating that you'll have success with your rookies this year yet you'll pick apart Sanchez? That makes perfect sense. Yes your guys will be awesome but Sanchez will be the sux0rz.

The Jets go into the draft clearly with the goal of getting quality over quantity. They haven't done too horrible in that department when trading up to get people and that will remain to be seen if it still works with Greene and Sanchez. So in respect to your point of us "giving away draft picks" I know that the guys we've moved up and we've given up picks to do so to get them, but I'm not going to complain about it cause they are mainstay starters. You can draft 7 or 8 players a draft but if only 2 of them start then you still are getting the same value. If you have 5 guys on your roster that were solid starters as rookies then that is certainly a testament to Tuna and Sparano. They know how to build a team, from inside out. As for your rookies this year, well we'll see how the year plays out and if they are all awesome sure pound your chest.

Gholston was a pick we took at the spot, and it was a bad pick but at the same time I'm not privy to the information if they tried trading up for Ryan or DMC or tried trading down. I think any and all of those things happened and that was the BAP so that's who they took. If he ever becomes something that's awesome but he's been a waste of space so far.

Go ahead and pick this apart. Piss on it. I think at this point I've shown I'm not a Phins basher and would rather talk ball, and am willing to admit areas where I may be wrong. The latter can't be said for you.

lol...dude most of your 5 "starters" from last years draft probably wouldn't even start for most of the teams in the league anyway. it just shows how crappy your team actually is.

lol...dude most of your 5 "starters" from last years draft probably wouldn't even start for most of the teams in the league anyway. it just shows how crappy your team actually is.

thats only because they were replacing guys from your 1-15 season.....Thats just shows how bad they were in 2007, not how good in 2008

Archived