The NFL Needs Its Villains Back

TaborJet

Yeah but it's debatable as to whether you guys ever really won one. January 1969 the Jets "won" Super Bowl III. Just five months later, we allegedly landed on the moon. Many people claimed all of this was staged in a Hollywood studio. My theory is that they used Super Bowl III as a test. They figured that if people would buy the Jets winning a Super Bowl then they could sell the moon landing with ease. Jokes on you guys. ;)

warns.gif

Great premise--but fail as an article. Brady is a SB winning QB, a male model dating a female model and doing cameos on entourage. How is he a villain? Real Villains are LB's like Romanowski and Bryan Cox and Jack Youngblood or lineman like Alzado and Gastineau and that mean mofo Conrad Dobler. Anyway--that would have made for an interesting article, considering the title.

I think it was well written. Great article actually.

But yeah, I agree that the term "villian" tends to conjure up pictures of Hayneworth stomping on heads or Romanowski spitting in faces.

Yeah, don't get me wrong--the writer is skilled and makes a good argument from a Pats-hater standpoint. But truthfully, Brady and the Pats are not generally dispised my most people outside of those rooting for the AFCE. The media loves Brady, sportscasters love Brady, advertisers love brady, hell, even Turtle couldn't dislike the guy. Vick is a villain, Farve is on the fast-track to villainhood, Plaxico and T.O. are villains. Brady is admired by most. Which makes him kinda boring, IMO. Come to think of it--I think I'll start an NFL villain thread. Should kill some time until kickoff tomorrow.

Archived