Post Game Thoughts

jason423

You will not get a more complete game to start a season than the game that the New York Jets put together in Houston. The Jets set the physical tone of the game early and dominated the line of scrimmage, especially on defense. There was nothing the explosive Houston offense could do today to a Jets defense that was so active that it didn

The real story of today is Rex Ryan's belly. You could house a small to medium sized Asian family inside of that thing.

We were actually discussing who is fatter today- Ryan or Andy Reid. My in-laws, from the Philly market, think its Reid. Ryan looks like he could eat Reid.

I really could have done without the wet t-shirt contest too.

Yeah...but you now what. It really shows how much this teams love Rex. I mean, how often does a team dump a water cooler on a HC after the first game. And this is very much a veteran team, most vets would be over it and want to act like they've been there, but this team obviously won that game for Rex Ryan. They played their hearts out for him.

That was an awesome performance. Houston had no answers. You can tell the Rex knows how to coach this defense. There are certain players that have their roles and they rarely leave them. Those roles help guys like Scott and Harris look like beasts!!! Douglas and Gholston did a great job today of taking on multiple blocker and creating space for the pass rush. And I <3 Kris Jenkins.

Offense just looks sharp, confident and prepared. Dustin Keller is awesome. Chansi Stuckey was open all day it looked like and DBrick deserves an award for how well he handled Super Mario.

We were actually discussing who is fatter today- Ryan or Andy Reid. My in-laws, from the Philly market, think its Reid. Ryan looks like he could eat Reid.

I'd give the man-boobs edge to Reid, who I've said in the past is the closest thing on the planet to a human being resembling a hippo, but Rex's gut makes Reid's look like a simple fupa.

Chris Myers may not be a probowl center - but Jenkins threw him around like a blow up doll. If this group stays reasonably healthy - we will want to see this defense on the field. They will score points too.

Jenkins was unreal. That one play where he kind of just swatted him away was great. They had an awesome camera angle of that. Jenkins just rushing the QB, scary stuff.

Jenkins playing LB and blitzing? Yeah I could probably do without that and let him rest. But he looked like he was having fun.

it's been many years since I've seen the opposing QB do a "chuck and duck" in the face of the jets pass rush, and schaub did it at least 7 times

kudos to shotty for sticking with the running game, it wore the texans down, and passing with the lead instead of turtling

sanchez does have "it", but what I'm seeing is even better, it's more along the lines of "someone up there likes you kid", you know mario deosn't drop that pass if it's from clemens

Leon will turn out to be the fantasy steal of the year, he's going to lead the NFL in all purpose yards (again) PAY THE MAN !!!

that reminded me of a madden game vs the computer where all you are playing for in the 4th Q is pretty stats, the outcome was never in doubt

Archived