I'm worried about finding a starter for OT and DT!

All indications lead me to believe that they're going to let Adrian Jones sink or swim at RT. We all saw how bad he looked at LT last pre-season, but hopefully a year in the grist-mill of Marrone's coaching will turn him into a player.

As far as getting an OT in free agency or through June 1st cap-cutdowns, there's always Fred Miller out there, who excites no-one. A name that might be worth looking for is Bon Whitfield, who could get that axe in Jacksonville. Whitfield, who was a Pro-Bowl LT for the Falcons, is over the hill, but he could come in and give us a season at RT. Word is he's dead nails in Jax.

As for DT, I think that's something that will be addressed in the draft. The way it's shaking out so far, letting Pat Williams sign elsewhere, as well as locking up veteran rotation guys in Lance Legree and Alan Harper, makes me think Terry Bradway is setting up the NT position to be played by a rookie. If the rook fails, he'll get 15 snaps a game while Legree and Harper hold the fort. If he succeeds, he could see major time. The name, if the Jets draft one in the first round, is Anttaj Hawthorne from Wisconsin. Big dude with alot of potential.

I'd be scared if ADrian Jones looked like he did in last preseason but he played some this year and did much much better than he did in his manatee impression, we should be ok there...I think that was the plan when we drafted him now we must take a big long look at DT, although i like Tank I dont think he is a starter

I want either of the following to happen:

Option A: Sign Stockar McDougle, draft Anttaj Hawthorne round 1.

Option B: Sign Rocky Bernard, draft Jamaal Brown round 1.

I'm cool with either, but option A sounds real nice to me, especially if McDougle is willing and able to possibly be the LT in '05.

I'd be scared if ADrian Jones looked like he did in last preseason but he played some this year and did much much better than he did in his manatee impression, we should be ok there...I think that was the plan when we drafted him now we must take a big long look at DT, although i like Tank I dont think he is a starter

Who?Adrian The Gate Jones?He'd get Chad killed LOL God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that Indy pre-season game he was so outta his league

Da Human Turnstile?

I think Bradway knows better than that. I think he'll bring in an affordable stop-gap guy, or wait for the June 1st cuts.

Maybe he tenders massive Aaron Gibson from Chicago.

The Bears have far too many linemen on their roster. Jerry Angelo will cut someone.

All indications lead me to believe that they're going to let Adrian Jones sink or swim at RT. We all saw how bad he looked at LT last pre-season, but hopefully a year in the grist-mill of Marrone's coaching will turn him into a player.

As far as getting an OT in free agency or through June 1st cap-cutdowns, there's always Fred Miller out there, who excites no-one. A name that might be worth looking for is Bon Whitfield, who could get that axe in Jacksonville. Whitfield, who was a Pro-Bowl LT for the Falcons, is over the hill, but he could come in and give us a season at RT. Word is he's dead nails in Jax.

As for DT, I think that's something that will be addressed in the draft. The way it's shaking out so far, letting Pat Williams sign elsewhere, as well as locking up veteran rotation guys in Lance Legree and Alan Harper, makes me think Terry Bradway is setting up the NT position to be played by a rookie. If the rook fails, he'll get 15 snaps a game while Legree and Harper hold the fort. If he succeeds, he could see major time. The name, if the Jets draft one in the first round, is Anttaj Hawthorne from Wisconsin. Big dude with alot of potential.

What's Jonathon Goodwin's status, anyone know off hand? Under Contract or Free Agent?

What's Jonathon Goodwin's status, anyone know off hand? Under Contract or Free Agent?

Just found this:

Jets | Goodwin Receives Tender Offer - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:24:48 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have tendered an offer to restricted free agent C/OG Jonathan Goodwin for $656,000. Should Goodwin sign an offer sheet with another team and the Jets elect not to match it, the Jets would receive a fifth-round pick as compensation.

Don't be surprised if Goodwin starts next season. He played pretty well when he stepped in for Mawae and I believe his natural position was Guard.

Archived