Derrick Mason: Keyshawn Johnson & Cris Carter are bums

Wow.

Ravens offense explodes, on and off the field

Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2009 9:08 AM ET

For nearly a decade under offensive genius Brian Billick, the Ravens were a team that typically won football games by keeping the opposing team as close to the egg of a goose as possible.

Now, in year two after Billick's departure, the offense is starting to look like it was supposed to look throughout his tenure.

Indeed, the 38 points that Baltimore scored on Sunday represents more than any scored during the last year of Billick's tenure, when the team scored 30 points once and less than 20 half the time. Though the Ravens scored more than 30 points four times in John Harbaugh's first season at the helm, they never made it to 38.

And the Ravens are also becoming explosive off the field, too.

According to Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com, the Ravens didn't take kindly to remarks from Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter in a recent conference call, during which Johnson at one point said of quarterback Joe Flacco, "You want a bum, you pay a bum."

"Keyshawn Johnson is the bum, that's why he's in the analyst seat," receiver Derrick Mason told Freeman. "He tried to come back to football but no one would sign him. He was never that good a player. He got lucky and signed on in Tampa Bay and won a Super Bowl because they had a great defense.

"Just look at the two people doing the criticizing, that's all I'm saying. Keyshawn was overrated and Carter is in the same boat I'm in. He doesn't have a Super Bowl ring either. He's in the analyst seat without a ring. At least I'm playing. He still wants to play but he can't anymore. We're the bums? That's why you're in the analyst seat. Just be quiet and keep dreaming you still could play."

(Mason really needs to come out of his shell.)

Apart from the 38 points on the scoreboard and the all points bulletin on Keyshawn's playing career, the Ravens rang up 501 yards of total offense, and they surrendered only 188.

So if the Baltimore ball-moving unit is waking up at a time when the defense is still playing great, they could be a very serious contender in the AFC, again.

That said, there's also a chance that the Chiefs are still really, really bad, and that the Ravens will struggle against the likes to the Chargers, Patriots, Vikings, Colts, Steelers (twice), Packers, and Bears.

More on the Chiefs-Ravens game is coming later today, One-Liner style.

Bad 24 hours for the rep of those lads - anybody else hear Tony Dungy last night? When asked who a good coach should appease when the receiver is doing a T.O. weep job because he's not getting the ball enough - The QB or the receiver? The first thing Dungy referenced was his experience with the 2 biggest loud mouth receivers KeyShawn and Cris Carter. Right on Tony!

After much fanfare at his hiring, NBC has sent Tiki Barber to cover midget wrestling of lesbian curling or something.

Bob Costas needs to ease up on the botox and hair dye. He's looks like the fake heads from "The Birdman of Alcatraz".Seems like NBC has embargoes any images of Costas, since he's now like the Tammy Faye of Sportscasters.

Goga406_head_exb.jpg

can I add Marvin Harrison to the bums list Joe? You hear him last night? He couldn't say one good thing about the Jets or Sanchez. Jersey Joe is one of the best young QB's playing the game today and WILL get a ring

You mean Rodney, right Jimmy?

Rodney is a prick. You could tell he was pissed off that the rest of the NBC team was giving Rex & Sanchez some love.

You mean Rodney, right Jimmy?

Rodney is a prick. You could tell he was pissed off that the rest of the NBC team was giving Rex & Sanchez some love.

yea that's the idiot-I can't stand that dude-he's such an arrogant a-hole and it shines through now in his new job-just like it did in his old one

After much fanfare at his hiring, NBC has sent Tiki Barber to cover midget wrestling of lesbian curling or something.

Was I the only one laughing his ass off watching Tiki ask Eli about his growth as a leader after the game?

How great would it have been if Eli bitchslapped him and asked Tiki where his SuperBowl ring was?

Might get flamed for this, but I agree with him on Meshawn.

Check Johnson's numbers in his super bowl year. The dude did absolutely nothing to help them win it. 1 TD on the season, and 60 yards or so in the actual Super Bowl.

He did his job as a blocker, in which case that Buccs team would have done just as well with a guy like Musin Muhammed.

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago when Johnson told Marshal to shut up and win a ring before he talks? Johnson was pulling all that star and flashlight **** when he was with the jets and unless the Jets had him rostered in 1969 that pile of **** hadn't won a damn thing.

Good for Mason, finally someone speaking without the anonymity of "the unnamed source". Guys like Mason need to speak up in this league. I'm tired of hearing the same old uneducated piles of dog **** like Chad Johnson and TO getting all the press while the palyers that actually HAVE something to say, sit quiet.

Mason = new favorite player for 09 :lol:

Archived