Red Zone Offense

Smashmouth

I think Sanchez is proving week after week hes not your typical Rookie. Hes a solid player and after watching him Sunday I have to agree with Phil Simms that his footwork is absolutely incredible. His foot work reminds me alot of Tom Brady but with a little more quickness. If you watch both players you can see the similarities in the footwork and the fact they are almost always set properly when they throw.

The one small problem I saw on Sunday was the "red zone" offense. I still believe this will be a problem vs playoff caliber defenses. We need a big target when the defense tightens up inside the 20 and we just dont have one.

I could understand not getting a big WR if many considered the season to be filled with growing pains for a rookie QB but I do not think that is the case, I think Sanchez can win alot of games with the right tools. I also think the Marshall move would be a bad one. First of all David Harris may prove to be one of the best LB's in the game so that trade rumor is and was nonsense. Bart Scott will get all the publicity this year but I think all Jets fans know who our best LB is by far.

So how can we fill the hole of getting a threat at WR that will help our red zone offense ? That could be the difference of being a contender or getting bounced once we face an elite defense in the playoffs. Yes I do believe with this defense we are a playoff caliber team.

Obviously I was also refering to the preseason where he seemed to improve after every game, smart ass.

Also If I was a typical homer would I be pointing out negatives in a game where we destroyed the other team ? Troll

That's fair. I honestly didn't even get that far. I just tend to look at it more like we're lucky that the fifth preseason game counts in the standings than that we've seen any kind of real trends emerging. It's the effing Texans. We looked great and you can hardly ask for more but there's very little takeaway going forward.

That's fair. I honestly didn't even get that far. I just tend to look at it more like we're lucky that the fifth preseason game counts in the standings than that we've seen any kind of real trends emerging. It's the effing Texans. We looked great and you can hardly ask for more but there's very little takeaway going forward.

The Effing Texans were ranked # 3 in offense last year and we completely shut them down. Sure this can be chalked up to week one but you have to be excited about how agressive we stayed as opposed to Manginis Prevent that would have let this team back in the game.

Sanchez impresses me because even with pressure on him he stays cool and (as so many have said) keeps his eyes down field. He can feel the rush and I believe thats what separates QB's from bad to good to great. If Sanchez has shown us anything so far its the ability to bounce back from a bad play which is also a good sign for a QB. I have not seen many negatives from him yet. Honestly Im not sure anyone expected this but when Phil Simms makes the bold statements he has made about Sanchez its not for nothing.

Now al that being said the only real negative to take from yesterdays game was our inability to get a reciever open when we had the ball on the 5 yard line. Thats going to kill us vs the Pittsburghs, Ravens and Titans will have to contend with if we make the play offs. It also looks like the Colts may have a very good defense as well this year.

Archived