2010 SuperBowl

Maxman

*** NFL TO DECIDE WHETHER TO AWARD NEW YORK CITY 2010 SUPER BOWL AT MARCH 21 MEETING ***

CITY 2010 BID LOOKING SUPER

Stefan C. Friedman

New York Post

March 6, 2005

In less than three weeks, NFL owners could vote to award the Big Game to the Big Apple.

"A resolution to award the 2010 Super Bowl to New York City - contingent on the approval and construction of the West Side stadium - is on the agenda for the league meetings in Maui," said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

The Super Bowl Advisory Committee will decide March 21 on whether to present the resolution to all the owners later in the week. That's the same day that developers must meet a deadline to submit bids on the West Side rail yards.

One NFL source expressed confidence that the 44th Super Bowl will be awarded to the city by March 24.

*** NFL TO DECIDE WHETHER TO AWARD NEW YORK CITY 2010 SUPER BOWL AT MARCH 21 MEETING ***

CITY 2010 BID LOOKING SUPER

Stefan C. Friedman

New York Post

March 6, 2005

In less than three weeks, NFL owners could vote to award the Big Game to the Big Apple.

"A resolution to award the 2010 Super Bowl to New York City - contingent on the approval and construction of the West Side stadium - is on the agenda for the league meetings in Maui," said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

The Super Bowl Advisory Committee will decide March 21 on whether to present the resolution to all the owners later in the week. That's the same day that developers must meet a deadline to submit bids on the West Side rail yards.

One NFL source expressed confidence that the 44th Super Bowl will be awarded to the city by March 24.

Where the hell would they play the game?

The friggn' Polo Grounds.

Wes Side Stadium is a pipe dream. Never gonna happen.

Where the hell would they play the game?

The friggn' Polo Grounds.

Tx:

I got this right from an inside connection I have with the Jets:

The first choice is to play the game in Manhattan in a new stadium

If that falls through it will be held in Lake Harmony PA at Limo's Ski Haus.

How much are Limo's PSL's?

The normal seating is $1,000 per.

In the V.I.P. hot tub area I think it is like $4,000. Not sure though. My application was refused before we discussed money.

I think the hot tub fits a maximum of 8.

Ok I'll bite;how can they award a SB to a city without a stadium to play it in?I am one who actually HOPES they build the damn thing in Manhattan and could care less if there is or is not tailgaiting allowed(I'm in Lake Worth Florida)I just want to see the Jets finally play one home game in my lifetime.Shea=Mets house Meadowlands=well you know

Tx:

I got this right from an inside connection I have with the Jets:

The first choice is to play the game in Manhattan in a new stadium

If that falls through it will be held in Lake Harmony PA at Limo's Ski Haus.

Alright! My folks have a retreat cabin in Scotrun!

I'm in! :P

Ok I'll bite;how can they award a SB to a city without a stadium to play it in?I am one who actually HOPES they build the damn thing in Manhattan and could care less if there is or is not tailgaiting allowed(I'm in Lake Worth Florida)I just want to see the Jets finally play one home game in my lifetime.Shea=Mets house Meadowlands=well you know

Simple... This, like the move of the NFL Draft to the Javitz center are all ploys by the NFL to keep the dream alive - should NYC not get the 2012 OLYMPICS.

What they're (NFL) not telling you is the very fact that in 2010, the Giants should have their new "DOMED" stadium ready for business. Therefore, if they do not hold it in NYC - IT WILL BE NJ & THEY WILL STILL CALL IT NYC!

Wonderful thing PR - or is it more like BS, I continue to mess that up! :roll:

Archived