Tom Brady about Jets comments: "Talk Is Cheap"

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4478221 (Video)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady is focused on responding to Jets coach Rex Ryan's defense and not his comments.

New England plays New York on Sunday for the first time since Ryan said he's not intimidated by Patriots coach Bill Belichick and that he didn't come to the Jets this year to kiss the Super Bowl rings Belichick won.

Brady noted Wednesday the Jets are a confident team with a talented defense, but that "talk is cheap." He said the Patriots also are confident, but they don't expect the Jets to roll over for them.

The Patriots rarely make statements that could provide bulletin board material for opponents. The players take their lead from Belichick in that regard and have as much confidence as most teams. They just don't tell everyone about it.

In June, Ryan drew attention when he said, "The thing with Belichick, I'm not going to concede anything. Do I recognize the fact that Belichick's a heck of a coach? Absolutely.

"My thing is I'm not intimidated by him or anybody else in this business, period. I don't care who it is. Our football team certainly is not going to be intimidated, either. If there are issues with that, so be it."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I see Tom Brady is predictably swept up by this nonsense.

Thats the irony behind this whole "talk is cheap", we are not even paying attention crap being spewed from NE.

If they're not paying attention and talk is cheap, then why is there such an abundance of quotes and articles from NE players addressing the comments that have been made?

In the long run, none of this crap matters, but its amusing nonetheless.

Brady noted Wednesday the Jets are a confident team with a talented defense, but that "talk is cheap." He said the Patriots also are confident, but they don't expect the Jets to roll over for them.

OH MY GAWD! THEM ARE FIGHTING WORDS!!! Wait! Did he say that talking about it would make his talk cheap? Or, is he calling Rex's talk cheap? Oh, wait, maybe he saying that talk is cheap and the game will be decided on the field. What a concept! What a doosh!

LOL!!!

Thats the irony behind this whole "talk is cheap", we are not even paying attention crap being spewed from NE.

If they're not paying attention and talk is cheap, then why is there such an abundance of quotes and articles from NE players addressing the comments that have been made?

In the long run, none of this crap matters, but its amusing nonetheless.

Yes, it's hysterical to see Pats players getting worked up over nothing.

Reporter: Hey Tom Brady, Kris Jenkins said the Jets are going to prepare for this game like it's the Super Bowl, how do you respond to this blatant and vicious shot at the Patriots dynasty?

Tom Brady: Yeah, well talk is cheap!

OH MY G-D, THE JETS NOSETACKLE SAID ARE GOING TO PREPARE TO PLAY A FOOTBALL GAME!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! :scare:

I just really, really, really, really, really cannot stand that *****in team. Every decade a new team steps up in each division it seems. The Patsies had from 2001ish to 2010ish, now it's time for another team to carry the torch. The pig needs to be laid down sacrificial lamb style. The Patriots head is on the tree stump and Rex Ryan is going to swing the ax.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

OH MY GAWD! THEM ARE FIGHTING WORDS!!! Wait! Did he say that talking about it would make his talk cheap? Or, is he calling Rex's talk cheap? Oh, wait, maybe he saying that talk is cheap and the game will be decided on the field. What a concept! What a doosh!

LOL!!!

Jets fans crack me up. What exactly did Brady say :confused:

Can't wait for the game on Sunday. I'll be in the parking lot at 8AM.

Calling the game on Sunday "your superbowl" is pathetic. However, that sort of things works for your team, it appears. So go for it. The Pats will go about their business their way. May the best team win on Sunday.

I am curious though. Kelcko73, how exactly do you know that Tom said "talk is cheap" when asked about Jenkins saying it was their sb?...or are you, once again, pulling a lot of sh*t out of your azz?

Calling the game on Sunday "your superbowl" is pathetic. However, that sort of things works for your team, it appears. So go for it. The Pats will go about their business their way. May the best team win on Sunday.

Nobody called Sunday's game "our SuperBowl."

Try and keep up. Kris Jenkins said the Jets were going to prepare "like it's the SuperBowl." He was using something called "hyperbole" to demonstrate how hard the Jets are going to prepare for the coming game.

Brady was offended by this for some reason. Why he was offended is a mystery as what Jenkins said was actually complimentary.

Nobody called Sunday's game "our SuperBowl."

Try and keep up. Kris Jenkins said the Jets were going to prepare "like it's the SuperBowl." He was using something called "hyperbole" to demonstrate how hard the Jets are going to prepare for the coming game.

Brady was offended by this for some reason. Why he was offended is a mystery as what Jenkins said was actually complimentary.

LOL!!

Nice try, Kleck.

How exactly do you conclude that Brady was 1) offended and 2) made his comment in response to Jenkins comments about preparing like it's the sb (translation" it's our sb). Show me how Brady was offended and directly repsponded to that particular comment.

LOL!!

Nice try, Kleck.

How exactly do you conclude that Brady was 1) offended and 2) made his comment in response to Jenkins comments about preparing like it's the sb (translation" it's our sb). Show me how Brady was offended and directly repsponded to that particular comment.

Another article posted somewhere in here is written to make it seem as though Brady was responding to Jenkins.

Plus, Jenkins comment is the only one regarding the game I've read from a Jets player. I figured what the hell else could Brady be getting his panties in a bunch about this week. Maybe Suzie Kolber was asking him the question and he couldn't run away from her like a scared little girl this time.

LOL!!

Nice try, Kleck.

Here you go Garb:

Pats hold fire on Jets saying, "talk is cheap"

The Jets keep building up Sunday's AFC East showdown with the Patriots. The Patriots keep playing it down.

At Gillette Stadium this morning, there were questions related to ring-kissing and information-pumping. The Pats weren't taking the bait.

"We know it's gonna be a tough game," said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. "(The Jets) have their home opener, they've got a good football team, they're playing with a lot of confidence. We'll have to play our best. I'm sure they'll be ready to go. They were ready to go last week, I'm sure they'll be ready to go this week."

Asked his feelings about Jets head coach Rex Ryan, Belichick said, "I have a lot of respect for him and his football team."

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who figures to be looking at a Jets defense with bad intentions, was a little more colorful. But not much.

"They can treat it however they want to treat it," Brady said when told that Jets defensive tackle Kris Jenkins said the Jets were preparing for this game like it's their Super Bowl. "We're gonna treat it like we treat every game. We're gonna put everything we have into it. It's an important game, no doubt. Division game, playing on the road in a tough place to play, but uh, it's not the Super Bowl. That's not until February."

Patriots running back Kevin Faulk said that Belichick spoke to the team Wednesday morning about the way he wants them to act in the face of any verbal water balloons lobbed by Gang Green.

"(Belichick) said he's known the (Ryan) family for a long time and they're not going to think they're second to anyone, they want to be No. 1 and there ain't nothing wrong with that," said Faulk.

Added Brady, "We follow the lead of our head coach. We expect to go out and play well so to go out there and make a bunch of predictions, 'We're gonna do this' and 'We're gonna do that' and 'This is how we're gonna be' it really doesn't mean much. We feel if we do our work and go and play to our abilities the outcome will be what we are hoping for. If not, it won't be no matter what you say on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday

:Nuts:

Oh and Cindy, Kris Jenkins knows when the Super Bowl is. He's one of many people you and your coach cheated out of a ring.

Enjoy the game Tommy.

Another article posted somewhere in here is written to make it seem as though Brady was responding to Jenkins.

Plus, Jenkins comment is the only one regarding the game I've read from a Jets player. I figured what the hell else could Brady be getting his panties in a bunch about this week. Maybe Suzie Kolber was asking him the question and he couldn't run away from her like a scared little girl this time.

really? Post the article Klecky. I dare yah. :)

Edit:

Okay just saw it. So you lied. You said he said "talk is cheap" was the response. I see no panties bunching in the comment in the article just posted..

You're kind of slow today. ;)

Archived