JonEJet

Tried not to do it to myself again

Told myself not to do it

Gave myself all the excuses

Told myself to give the kid a few years

Said it would take a few years for the team to gel

Listened to the coach, and his bravado

Then last sunday happened

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tried not to do it to myself again

Told myself not to do it

Gave myself all the excuses

Told myself to give the kid a few years

Said it would take a few years for the team to gel

Listened to the coach, and his bravado

Then last sunday happened

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

To be honest we are a year ahead of schedule

Why not us?

To be honest, I bought in before the Texans game. I didn't need that game to prove me right.

I wasn't surprised by the Texans result.

This team was 8-3 last year before the QB got hurt and the HC went into a shell. They're returning 7 pro bowlers and improved the roster through FA and the draft. They got a real HC who actually got the job because of what he knew rather who he knew.

Sanchez only needs to be serviceable for the team to make the playoffs. If he's good then the Jets will go a long way.

To be honest, I bought in before the Texans game. I didn't need that game to prove me right.

I wasn't surprised by the Texans result.

This team was 8-3 last year before the QB got hurt and the HC went into a shell. They're returning 7 pro bowlers and improved the roster through FA and the draft. They got a real HC who actually got the job because of what he knew rather who he knew.

Sanchez only needs to be serviceable for the team to make the playoffs. If he's good then the Jets will go a long way.

Big difference....

i picked the jets to win too..

All the so called top teams looked very average this weekend indy sd Pitt Tenn and Balt

throw in the Jills gift to Patsies

why not us..we looked better than all of them

pitch a shutout on road is very difficult

Big difference....

i picked the jets to win too..

All the so called top teams looked very average this weekend indy sd Pitt Tenn and Balt

throw in the Jills gift to Patsies

why not us..we looked better than all of them

pitch a shutout on road is very difficult

The key is winning this game. The Jets have to prove to themselves that they can beat the Pats when they want to (not when they have to).

The way things are shaping up, the 3 best teams in the AFC are:

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Jets

The Pats are a glitz team now, while they were a gritty team in their championship years. They remind me of the Colts in the early 2000s.

A team with an elite defense should be able to knock them off. Rex believes he has an elite defense right now so the time to knock the Pats off is now.

The key is winning this game. The Jets have to prove to themselves that they can beat the Pats when they want to (not when they have to).

They way things are shaping up, the 3 best teams in the AFC are:

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Jets

The Pats are a glitz team now, while they were a gritty team in their championship years. They remind me of the Colts in the early 2000s.

A team with an elite defense should be able to knock them off. Rex believes he has an elite defense right now so the time to knock the Pats off is now.

why we are ahead od schedule

pats have gone soft and without Mayo for a while..their D is....not good

I am in, but the biggest problem with this team is a lack of depth. If anyone along the defensive line (especially Jenkins) goes down for any period of time we are in trouble. We have basically 2 NFL level receivers (Cotch and Keller) and if either goes down we will struggle. And the O Line is not chock full of experience NFL backups. This team will have to get lucky and avoid injury if they are going to be a playoff team.

why we are ahead od schedule

pats have gone soft and without Mayo for a while..their D is....not good

The loss of Mayo, Vrabel & Seymour is huge.

Mayo's absence is the nature of the NFL. But getting rid of Vrabel & Seymour was pure hubris on BB's part.

The loss of Vrabel & Seymour will cost the Pats at a chance at the SB.

They can squable with the Jets, but there is no way the Pats, as presently constituted, are getting by the Steelers or the Ravens.

with the new defense....rookie head coach and rookie qb without a bonafide #1 receiver it's gonna take more than one game for me to buy in at this point. last week definitely has me encouraged.....but i need to see more first.

Im with you. But dammit Im excited.

Not yet.

Not after last season.

Maybe not ever again

But Brady looked tentative! The Bills got to him! And we'll do better since we have Baltimore's defense now!

If you can't whip yourself into a histrionic frenzy about anecdotal bull****, you ain't a real Jets fan.

Obviously I haven't bought in, at least not in the sense meant by the OP. But I'll tell you this: I'm buying Darrelle Revis and am willing to entertain the possibilities that he, more so even than Brady or Sanchez, is the key to this game and that that might not be the worst thing in the world.

Mayo's absence is the nature of the NFL. But getting rid of Vrabel & Seymour was pure hubris on BB's part.

They can squable with the Jets, but there is no way the Pats, as presently constituted, are getting by the Steelers or the Ravens.

Arrogance and attrition catch up to everyone.

Oh, and on a side note, CBS has to love this. The Jets have become must-see TV, especially with these next 3 games.

Is there a better matchup on Sunday during the day, from a TV perspective, than Jets-Pats? How about the following week with Jets-Titans? Then Jets-Saints?

I bet Simms & Natz would want to do all 3 games.

But Brady looked tentative! The Bills got to him! And we'll do better since we have Baltimore's defense now!

If you can't whip yourself into a histrionic frenzy about anecdotal bull****, you ain't a real Jets fan.

Obviously I haven't bought in, at least not in the sense meant by the OP.

And I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Mr. Spock.

Of course you did. The whole thing about getting on board with Sanchez required you to accept the idea that he is sufficiently exceptional to disregard the track record of unmitigated failure of quarterback prospects with his profile. Turns out he is, at least so far. No other rookie quarterback has ever thrown for as many yards while winning the first game of his rookie season on the road. You needed that, regardless of how sure you thought you were.

I love when people use this logic. I just want to know where the championships have been the last few years - Vrable and Seymour being on the team all but assures the Pats a chance at the SB, right? Damn that BB!

Anyway, on the off chance - one in a million really - that the Pats win Sunday - um...are you all 'gonna be alright? Hide all sharp objects just in case. Always use caution is my motto. :)

:rolleyes:

I love when people use this logic. I just want to know where the championships have been the last few years - Vrable and Seymour being on the team all but assures the Pats a chance at the SB, right? Damn that BB!

haha

Still waiting on the ten paragraph write up on how to beat the Pattys, Garby. :D

no...but downgrading your d-line considerably (which was a strength) for a drfat pick 2 years from now which may or may not pay-off about 4 years from now doesn't help. patriots defense is weaker now than it was a week ago. seymour proved last week that he still has alot left in the tank. if the pats were worried about him leaving for nothing they could have always franchised him....or at least transition tagged him.

Of course you did. The whole thing about getting on board with Sanchez required you to accept the idea that he is sufficiently exceptional to disregard the track record of unmitigated failure of quarterback prospects with his profile. Turns out he is, at least so far. No other rookie quarterback has ever thrown for as many yards while winning the first game of his rookie season on the road. You needed that, regardless of how sure you thought you were.

Sanchez was doing something unprecedented. But my point was not to say "Oh, I knew it all along."

Rather, I'm saying that I took the evidence that was there that this was a talented team with a HC who was, at least, talented in what he did in the past, combined with hope that the rookie QB would not fall on his face to guess that this team would be good.

That's why I said I bought in before the game. Sanchez rewarded my faith, he didn't validate or change my opinion. You should understand the difference. If not, then it's my bad in failing to properly explain it.

Garb, you ever think that maybe the reason the Pats haven't won a championship in five years now is because their defense has been steadily declining?

Their overwhelming offense covered for a lot of their defensive deficiencies in '07 but don't expect the Pats to just steamroll teams the way they did that year. If they don't, the weaknesses of this defense will be on display for all to see and it could get ugly.

Archived