Admit it.....you've bought in

JonEJet

no...but downgrading your d-line considerably (which was a strength) for a drfat pick 2 years from now which may or may not pay-off about 4 years from now doesn't help. patriots defense is weaker now than it was a week ago. seymour proved last week that he still has alot left in the tank. if the pats were worried about him leaving for nothing they could have always franchised him....or at least transition tagged him.

Seymour had something to prove, my friend. Wait - you'll see.

How do you tag Seymour AND Wilfork?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love when people use this logic. I just want to know where the championships have been the last few years - Vrable and Seymour being on the team all but assures the Pats a chance at the SB, right? Damn that BB!

Anyway, on the off chance - one in a million really - that the Pats win Sunday - um...are you all 'gonna be alright? Hide all sharp objects just in case. Always use caution is my motto. :)

:rolleyes:

First, Peter King & the rest of the Pats' media harlots picked them to get to the SB.

Second, the Pats downgraded their defense by getting rid of Vrabel & Seymour.

Third, if the Pats win this Sunday all it means is that they're better than the Jets. It doesn't mean they're better than the defending SB champs or the Ravens.

The Pats are no better than 3rd best in the AFC WITH Seymour. Without him and Mayo? The Pats could be the 5th or 6th best team in the conference.

Be happy with all those 10-15 catch games for Moss & Welker (with minimal TDs) while the defense is getting shredded and Brady is taking a beating.

Garb, you ever think that maybe the reason the Pats haven't won a championship in five years now is because their defense has been steadily declining?

Their overwhelming offense covered for a lot of their defensive deficiencies in '07 but don't expect the Pats to just steamroll teams the way they did that year. If they don't, the weaknesses of this defense will be on display for all to see and it could get ugly.

Nope. I think one of them had to do with the fact that my #1 receiver was Reche Caldwell.

BTW - The lb corps blows. I concede that. The secondary, however...and if one game seems to be any indication (and by the actions here it seems that one game is enough ;) ) has improved immensely. I can't beleive how superior Bodden is to the Hobbitt. The d-line is what it is. Good. Not great - except for Wilfork.

First, Peter King & the rest of the Pats' media harlots picked them to get to the SB.

Third, if the Pats win this Sunday all it means is that they're better than the Jets. It doesn't mean they're better than the defending SB champs or the Ravens.

The Pats are no better than 3rd best in the AFC WITH Seymour. Without him and Mayo? The Pats could be the 5th or 6th best team in the conference.

Be happy with all those 10-15 catch games for Moss & Welker (with minimal TDs) while the defense is getting shredded and Brady is taking a beating.

All these conclusions after one game. You people blow my mind.

Didn't Indy look like sh*t the first five games last year? Hmmm...who was the MVP?

It's not how you start, it is how you finish. You are a Yankees fan, right? You should know this by now.

No it doesn't. It means they beat us on that day. The better team doesn't always win

When you're throwing the kitchen sink at Brady, Moss is going to get behind you sometimes. It happens. Moss catching a dozen passes without scoring, while it did happen last week, which as we all know is the single most predictive thing in the whole wide world, isn't something I'm thrilled to have to bank on, but then that's why we broke the bank for Revis.

garb the pats ol consists of 1 very good player in mankins, 2 players who have fallen off in koppen and light (especially light) and 2 more trash heaps. that's not a good unit to protect your most important player.

as for original poster yeah i've bought in - have you seen our defense?!

garb the pats ol consists of 1 very good player in mankins, 2 players who have fallen off in koppen and light (especially light) and 2 more trash heaps. that's not a good unit to protect your most important player.

as for original poster yeah i've bought in - have you seen our defense?!

Light was even benched there for a few plays Monday

I don't know yet if I am totally in.

I love what Ryan has done with the Defense, turning them into a bunch of rabid dogs looking to kill. That is something that has been lacking on this team for years.

I still think Sanchez is going to struggle at times. It could very well come this week. Who knows. I loved what I saw against the Texans.

Texans are good team but they are not in the class of the Pats or Steelers.

Should the Jets pull this out and beat New England at home for the first time since 2000 it won't be Head Coach Rex Ryan. It will be Saint Rex Ryan.

All these conclusions after one game. You people blow my mind.

Didn't Indy look like sh*t the first five games last year? Hmmm...who was the MVP?

It's not how you start, it is how you finish. You are a Yankees fan, right? You should know this by now.

After 1 game? No, I didn't come to these conclusions after 1 game. Use the search feature to help you on that.

And Indy? Hmmmm, how did they look in the playoffs? SOFT. Thank you very much.

As to the notion of start & finishing, of course, except if the team puts themselves in a huge hole.

But besides that, this Pats team is no where as talented as it was at the end of 2007 perfect season when they were squeeking out wins after blowing everyone away in the early part of the year.

A team that is less talented, two years older, and a hurt QB is not a recipe for seasonwide and playoff success.

No matter what happens with the Jets, the Pats are not better than the Steelers or Ravens and they may not be as good as the Chargers and Titans.

So where does that leave the SB or Bust Pats???

When you're throwing the kitchen sink at Brady, Moss is going to get behind you sometimes. It happens. Moss catching a dozen passes without scoring, while it did happen last week, which as we all know is the single most predictive thing in the whole wide world, isn't something I'm thrilled to have to bank on, but then that's why we broke the bank for Revis.

I agree with you on Revis.

But, point of fact, the Bills didn't send the "kitchen sink" at Brady. The Pats Oline is in serious decline and they are breaking down under 4-5 man attacks. That's far from the "kitchen sink."

How can you not buy in? Especially after Sunday!

But as has already been reiterated by many, we all get sucked in every year. Probably the only year I didn't was 2005, but that team looked like garbage from the very first snap of the season to the last. But of course that didn't stop me from sitting there and painfully suffering through every agonizing game.

But I digress, we've finally got a head coach with balls and a QB who appears to have brains and balls (our last two QBs only had one or the other, in varying amounts).

I try to keep things in perspective.

I think bb will make Sanchez look every bit the rookie he is this week. Nothing wrong with growing pains tho. We'll see how the kid responds to adversity real soon imo.

While I'm only cautiously optimistic about this game, I'm not all that worried about Belichick terrorizing Sanchez. As long as the OL makes their checks and reads properly and then give him time, I think he'll be alright. The Patriots LBs are a serious weakness and if given time, I see no reason Sanchez shouldn't be able to pick apart the middle of the field with Keller, Cotch and Stuckey.

But, point of fact, the Bills didn't send the "kitchen sink" at Brady. The Pats Oline is in serious decline and they are breaking down under 4-5 man attacks. That's far from the "kitchen sink."

Okay, well done, but it's not like the qualifier is essential to the point. Randy Moss is going to get behind you sometimes, period. Everybody leaves Webster out of the Giants' 'blueprint' because he fell down on the touchdown, but getting to Brady only gets you halfway there, and Revis, for all he's done, has yet to prove he can stop Moss for a whole game.

Didn't you say you would beat me in FFB last week Zippy?

GFY

Relax man, it was a joke. My FF team was ****ing awful last week. Cutler, Owens and Andre Johnson all **** the bed, although I knew AJ was going to sucks against Revis.

I've bought into the Jets since they hired Rex Ryan who was always my #1 choice for the HC job. I've always thought we could be competitive this season.

I think the Pats will get their points. Lito Sheppard will see to that..

This game is going to come down to Sanchez not being duped into throwing a handful on INT's

Tried not to do it to myself again

Told myself not to do it

Gave myself all the excuses

Told myself to give the kid a few years

Said it would take a few years for the team to gel

Listened to the coach, and his bravado

Then last sunday happened

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

Not yet, I'm not. Beat the Patsies, then we'll talk.

While I'm only cautiously optimistic about this game, I'm not all that worried about Belichick terrorizing Sanchez. As long as the OL makes their checks and reads properly and then give him time, I think he'll be alright. The Patriots LBs are a serious weakness and if given time, I see no reason Sanchez shouldn't be able to pick apart the middle of the field with Keller, Cotch and Stuckey.

The Mighty Belichick has gone 5-1 against the rookie QBs, with the 5 wins against:

Chris Weinke

Joey Harrington

Byron Leftwich

Josh McGown

Vince Young.

Belichick's lone lose was a 14 point defeat to Big Ben. There is no more overrated record than BB's record against rookie QBs.

Sanchez INt and near INt were against zones.. I don't think BB going to blitz too much, sanchez pocket presence too good and feet too quick.. I think they load the box, try and kill the run game and then have wide zones on third and long.

The Mighty Belichick has gone 5-1 against the rookie QBs, with the 5 wins against:

Chris Weinke

Joey Harrington

Byron Leftwich

Josh McGown

Vince Young.

Belichick's lone lose was a 14 point defeat to Big Ben. There is no more overrated record than BB's record against rookie QBs.

Good find SMC.

The five crap rookies BB has coached against he beat. The one good one beat him.... badly.

Chris Weinke

Joey Harrington

Byron Leftwich

Josh McGown

Vince Young.

Its funny because I had this EXACT conversation with someone at work just earlier this week. There is all of this talk about how much Bill Belichick confuses rookie QBs and they can't play against his defenses. I saw this list in an article the other day and couldn't help but laugh.

So lets get this straight, he's played 6 rookie QBs in his heading coaching career and only lost once... to the only one of the 6 who is actually any good? Leftwich is the only other guy on that list who is even half decent. The rest are just god awful, monumental bust type QBs. Big f'n deal. Me or you could write up a defensive game plan that confuses the likes of Weinke, Harrington, McCown or Young.

Not yet, I'm not. Beat the Patsies, then we'll talk.

we don't even have to beat them, imo. if your defense can handle them then i'll start buying in. and by handing them i mean holding them to fewer than 17, stopping the run and pressuring brady. i'm not so sure we can score more than 13-17 points on them though it will be a close on if our defense can hold that offense down.

Told myself not to do it

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

We're doomed again..lol..Mr I know everything about Football (more than anybody, ever) has given his green light after one game. the season is over. we'll be picking in the top 10 next year

I always buy in. Isn't that the point of being a Jets fan? To have your hopes raised up every season only to have them tumbling down mid way through the season. Lol it's what I've come to expect year in and year out, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love this team. GO JETS !

Chris Weinke

Joey Harrington

Byron Leftwich

Josh McGown

Vince Young.

Yes that is true. These are also true.

Rex Ryan is undefeated as a head coach in the NFL.

Mark Sanchez has never lost an NFL game.

My balls are starting to sag.

Do with that information what you must. They are all true though.

Yes that is true. These are also true.

Rex Ryan is undefeated as a head coach in the NFL.

Mark Sanchez has never lost an NFL game.

My balls are starting to sag.

Do with that information what you must. They are all true though.

Mine 2

i knew you are really 50

piss stream suks too

Told myself not to do it

Help me.

Go Jets

You're such an emotional wreck! :rim::rl:

Archived