Admit it.....you've bought in

JonEJet

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The train is leaving...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekhvwzPcD64&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekhvwzPcD64&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tried not to do it to myself again

Told myself not to do it

Gave myself all the excuses

Told myself to give the kid a few years

Said it would take a few years for the team to gel

Listened to the coach, and his bravado

Then last sunday happened

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

I definitely bought into Rex Ryan and the Jets. We've never had a bad team. This is why we always bought into them. However this time we just so happened to get a QB that can make all the throws, a solid 2nd safety in leonhard, the agressive Linebacker in Scott and a Coach that will not just say "We play to win the game" because he's going to make sure that they win the game.

This is not the Jets that will lose games to the Oakland Raiders, not when you have the entire group taking in this week the way they are. I've bought into the fact back when he first was made coach to be honest. I think we'll win no less than 12 games and I also believe that we have this division too.

I bought in

I definitely bought into Rex Ryan and the Jets. We've never had a bad team. This is why we always bought into them. However this time we just so happened to get a QB that can make all the throws, a solid 2nd safety in leonhard, the agressive Linebacker in Scott and a Coach that will not just say "We play to win the game" because he's going to make sure that they win the game.

This is not the Jets that will lose games to the Oakland Raiders, not when you have the entire group taking in this week the way they are. I've bought into the fact back when he first was made coach to be honest. I think we'll win no less than 12 games and I also believe that we have this division too.

I bought in

Look at the love-fest with the jets right now. These same fools will be jumping off verrazano later.

The Mighty Belichick has gone 5-1 against the rookie QBs, with the 5 wins against:

Chris Weinke

Joey Harrington

Byron Leftwich

Josh McGown

Vince Young.

Belichick's lone lose was a 14 point defeat to Big Ben. There is no more overrated record than BB's record against rookie QBs.

Just look at that list of QBs-nuff said

Look at the love-fest with the jets right now. These same fools will be jumping off verrazano later.

3 weeks ago

i would have given jets 0% chance of beating pats

Jets D is good...pats showed very little

everyone was saying pats would kill jills...wonder if NFL network

has stopped felating them now

I'm mad at myself for being sucked back in by this choking organization. I want playoffs at least now.

Dude, you're 17. You've not really known the heartbreak that us older guys know.

You're earliest memory of the Jets has to be '98. My earliest memory is 78 and scintillating QB competition between Richard Todd and Matt Robinson. :puke2:

Dude, you're 17. You've not really known the heartbreak that us older guys know.

You're earliest memory of the Jets has to be '98. My earliest memory is 78 and scintillating QB competition between Richard Todd and Matt Robinson. :puke2:

I was a kid when they drafted Ken O'Brien over Marino and Elway, but still understood that was way off.

Wasn't Jim Kelly an option too? My Father always made sure I remembered that one.

'02 is my first football memory year. It all started with that crushing loss at Oakland. Choking ever since. I'm sorry you've had to go through more heartbreak than me, but don't worry, I'll probably catch up soon.

'02 is my first football memory year. It all started with that crushing loss at Oakland. Choking ever since. I'm sorry you've had to go through more heartbreak than me, but don't worry, I'll probably catch up soon.

OMG...your pubies haven't even bloomed yet and you are talking

sbout buying in lol

I was a kid when they drafted Ken O'Brien over Marino and Elway, but still understood that was way off.

Wasn't Jim Kelly an option too? My Father always made sure I remembered that one.

Kelly and Elway were both off the board before the Jets picked.

Elway was the number one overall pick by the Colts. He held out and threatened to play CF for the Yankees if the Colts didn't trade him.

Todd Blackledge went second to the Chiefs.

The third QB taken was Jim Kelly, who went to the Bills but played the next three years for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL.

Tony Eason was the fourth QB chosen by New England.

The Jets took O'Brien at 22 and then Marino went to the Dolphins at 28.

So you've been unecessarily beating up the Jets for passing on Elway and Kelly for 26 years.

Kelly and Elway were both off the board before the Jets picked.

Elway was the number one overall pick by the Colts. He held out and threatened to play CF for the Yankees if the Colts didn't trade him.

Todd Blackledge went second to the Chiefs.

The third QB taken was Jim Kelly, who went to the Bills but played the next three years for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL.

Tony Eason was the fourth QB chosen by New England.

The Jets took O'Brien at 22 and then Marino went to the Dolphins at 28.

So you've been unecessarily beating up the Jets for passing on Elway and Kelly for 26 years.

Thanks! We were just talking about this, I thought they passed on Marino + 1. I should've just checked the webernet, thanks for the info though.

What's weird to me is that you never hear anybody beat up on the Pats for not taking Marino and they got the second worst of the six QBs taken that year.

No I did, but when I was younger as you know our main rival was the Dolphins.

Once this Brady era is over I think that will return, that is the true rivalry in my opinion.

Told myself not to do it

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

You have no idea how many times I've told my wife and friends, "alright I'm done with jets football." You can't even root for another team. I've tried. I just love the jets. and I'm sure they will rip my heart out again this year. But, after game one, I have something to cheer about. We'll see how game two goes.

What's weird to me is that you never hear anybody beat up on the Pats for not taking Marino and they got the second worst of the six QBs taken that year.

Well couple of reasons......

If you have a choice of poking fun at the biggest bonehead move or the 2nd biggest bonehead move -- most people choose to go after the biggest bonehead move. Thats just human nature.

Jets traded for Eason and he replace O'Brien for the last two games in 89, losing both, so that just doubles the Jets woes regarding that draft class.

Eason took the Patriots to their first SB (granted it was a horrible loss) but he played some great games to get the team there. Including a road game playoff game against the Jets in which KOB was the QB.

Because of the run up to the superbowl, many NEP fans think fondly of Tony, you will even occationally see someone wearing an Eason jersey. Many Pats fans feel he was our 4th best QB -- Brady, Bledsoe, Gorgan, Eason. Such love does not exist for Ken by Jets fans.

Many Pats fans feel he was our 4th best QB -- Brady, Bledsoe, Gorgan, Eason. Such love does not exist for Ken by Jets fans.

Evidently Tony Eason's wikipedia entry doesn't list the motley crew of retards we've had playing quarterback for the last forty years.

If you have a choice of poking fun at the biggest bonehead move or the 2nd biggest bonehead move -- most people choose to go after the biggest bonehead move. Thats just human nature.

Jets traded for Eason and he replace O'Brien for the last two games in 89, losing both, so that just doubles the Jets woes regarding that draft class.

Eason took the Patriots to their first SB (granted it was a horrible loss) but he played some great games to get the team there. Including a road game playoff game against the Jets in which KOB was the QB.

Because of the run up to the superbowl, many NEP fans think fondly of Tony, you will even occationally see someone wearing an Eason jersey. Many Pats fans feel he was our 4th best QB -- Brady, Bledsoe, Gorgan, Eason. Such love does not exist for Ken by Jets fans.

Eason sucked. However, his legend of suckage is bigger than the actual suckage. That's because of the lovely soundbite provided by arguably the best o-lineman ever - John Hannah. You see, Hannah had his breakfast, lunch and dinner fed to him by the Bears d-line in the 86 superbowl. To save face, and reputation, Hannah said that Eason was wearing a skirt. A brilliant move by the big guy. The image stuck and Hannah's reputation was unharmed.

You have no ****ing clue what you are talking about.

For many Jets fans my age, too young to remember Namath, too jaded to embrace Pennington, O'Brien is our favorite Jets QB.

Eason sucked. However, his legend of suckage is bigger than the actual suckage. That's because of the lovely soundbite provided by arguably the best o-lineman ever - John Hannah. You see, Hannah had his breakfast, lunch and dinner fed to him by the Bears d-line in the 86 superbowl. To save face, and reputation, Hannah said that Eason was wearing a skirt. A brilliant move by the big guy. The image stuck and Hannah's reputation was unharmed.

you were in grade school when this game occured LOL

Hannah is the NFL's greatest Guard Evah..suked that he was a Pat

Told myself not to do it

Help me.

Go Jets

I havent bought in yet that we are better than mediocre. It was one game and I saw plenty of things we didnt do well that better teams will exploit.

I was very happy with last week and excited for this week. But my expectations havent changed.

I havent bought in yet that we are better than mediocre. It was one game and I saw plenty of things we didnt do well that better teams will exploit.

I was very happy with last week and excited for this week. But my expectations havent changed.

you are right our OL can't tackle worth a lic

Train has left for Happytown

Actullay, and unfortunately, I was not in grade school. So, yah, I know what I saw. Eason blew......and Hannah blew in that game. He really did.

=KkulytNYbhw&feature=player_embedded

At the 24 second mark: It takes Hannah and Pete Brock every ounce of their effort to double-team William “The Refrigerator” Perry. The tandem fails, getting knocked 7 yards into the backfield (we counted) as the pocket collapsed around Eason like General Paulus's army at Stalingard.

At the 34 second mark: Watch Hall of Famer Hannah pull left and double up left tackle Brian Holloway’s man, apparently oblivious to SB XX MVP (and not HOFer) Richard Dent blowing right past him, soon followed by the rest of the Bears defense, to knock Craig James senseless so far in New England’s backfield that you needed Google Earth to gauge the distance.

At the 56 second mark: Bad call, to be sure. A slow developing draw play out of the shotgun that Eason hands off to Greg Hawthorne. Dan Hampton was in the backfield so fast we swear that he was teleported there by Scotty. Hannah was nowhere to be found on the play. In fact, it appears he didn’t lay a hat on anybody but his own offensive linemates Ron Wooten (No. 61) and Steve Moore (No. 67).

At the 1:26 mark: We realize this was later in Hannah’s career and that he may have lost a step, but he moved so slowly on this play that barnacles attached themselves to his legs. Hannah pulls to the right, and not one but two defenders – we believe Otis Wilson and Wilbur Marshall – blow past him. Wilson disrupts the play in the backfield, and then Hannah whiffs on the hard-charging Marshall as if he were a Bob Gibson fast ball. Marshall nails Tony Collins in the backfield for a 3-yard loss – Hannah diving hopelessly at Marshall’s feet, into his own backfield.

At the 1:41 mark: Great play! Hannah finally takes down Richard Dent … but not until Dent was not 5, not 8, not 10 but 11 yards (count ‘em) in the New England backfield – Hannah part of a wet-paper-bag pocket that collapsed around the helpless Eason like a rickety Jenga tower.

At the 2:08 mark: Hall-of-Famer Hannah is head up on not-Hall-of-Famer Refrigerator Perry, allowing the Bears defender to collapse the New England pocket like it was a lung suffering blunt trauma.

At the 2:14 mark: Hannah head up on Dan Hampton, overpowered like the French army in the face of the ****s in 1940, capitulating soon after the first shot was fired, leading to another sack for the Bears Hall of Famer.

As we stated, Eason, New England's goat in the two decades since that debacle, hardly covered himself in glory that day. But, if we're being honest here, it was Hannah and his linemates who:

failed to protect the pocket (7 sacks allowed).

failed to generate any semblance of a ground game (7 total yards rushing on 11 attempts) after dominating its earlier playoff opponents.

Allowed Richard Dent to run free in the New England backfield, winning Super Bowl MVP honors in the process. Hampton and Perry seemed to spend an awful lot of time back there, too.

The Patriots could have produced a backfield of Joe Montana, Jim Brown and Gale Sayers that day, with Don Hutson and Jerry Rice spread out wide and John Mackey at tight end, and they would have been useless given the performance of the New England offensive line. (Hell, given New England's performance in Super Bowl XLII, it seems OLs that disappear in the Super Bowl is something of a Patriots tradition by now.)

Hannah must have seen the writing on the wall after his performance against the Bears: he soon retired, making Super Bowl XX the last (and probably the worst) game of his otherwise brilliant career.

He could have let Super Bowl XX pass quietly into history. Instead, Hannah targeted his anger and frustration from that day at his own teammate. And perhaps now we have a better idea of why he did so]

If you say so.

You are the first Jet fan I have ever heard say that or anything positive about Ken. But if there are Jet fans that think highly of him than I stand corrected.

He led the Jets to the playoffs 3 times, Pennington is the only other Jets QB to do so.

There are not many Jets QB's to think that highly of outside of Namath, O'Brien is definitely one of the few.

Actullay, and unfortunately, I was not in grade school. So, yah, I know what I saw. Eason blew......and Hannah blew in that game. He really did.

KkulytNYbhw&feature=player_embedded

At the 24 second mark: It takes Hannah and Pete Brock every ounce of their effort to double-team William “The Refrigerator” Perry. The tandem fails, getting knocked 7 yards into the backfield (we counted) as the pocket collapsed around Eason like General Paulus's army at Stalingard.

At the 34 second mark: Watch Hall of Famer Hannah pull left and double up left tackle Brian Holloway’s man, apparently oblivious to SB XX MVP (and not HOFer) Richard Dent blowing right past him, soon followed by the rest of the Bears defense, to knock Craig James senseless so far in New England’s backfield that you needed Google Earth to gauge the distance.

At the 56 second mark: Bad call, to be sure. A slow developing draw play out of the shotgun that Eason hands off to Greg Hawthorne. Dan Hampton was in the backfield so fast we swear that he was teleported there by Scotty. Hannah was nowhere to be found on the play. In fact, it appears he didn’t lay a hat on anybody but his own offensive linemates Ron Wooten (No. 61) and Steve Moore (No. 67).

At the 1:26 mark: We realize this was later in Hannah’s career and that he may have lost a step, but he moved so slowly on this play that barnacles attached themselves to his legs. Hannah pulls to the right, and not one but two defenders – we believe Otis Wilson and Wilbur Marshall – blow past him. Wilson disrupts the play in the backfield, and then Hannah whiffs on the hard-charging Marshall as if he were a Bob Gibson fast ball. Marshall nails Tony Collins in the backfield for a 3-yard loss – Hannah diving hopelessly at Marshall’s feet, into his own backfield.

At the 1:41 mark: Great play! Hannah finally takes down Richard Dent … but not until Dent was not 5, not 8, not 10 but 11 yards (count ‘em) in the New England backfield – Hannah part of a wet-paper-bag pocket that collapsed around the helpless Eason like a rickety Jenga tower.

At the 2:08 mark: Hall-of-Famer Hannah is head up on not-Hall-of-Famer Refrigerator Perry, allowing the Bears defender to collapse the New England pocket like it was a lung suffering blunt trauma.

At the 2:14 mark: Hannah head up on Dan Hampton, overpowered like the French army in the face of the ****s in 1940, capitulating soon after the first shot was fired, leading to another sack for the Bears Hall of Famer.

As we stated, Eason, New England's goat in the two decades since that debacle, hardly covered himself in glory that day. But, if we're being honest here, it was Hannah and his linemates who:

failed to protect the pocket (7 sacks allowed).

failed to generate any semblance of a ground game (7 total yards rushing on 11 attempts) after dominating its earlier playoff opponents.

Allowed Richard Dent to run free in the New England backfield, winning Super Bowl MVP honors in the process. Hampton and Perry seemed to spend an awful lot of time back there, too.

The Patriots could have produced a backfield of Joe Montana, Jim Brown and Gale Sayers that day, with Don Hutson and Jerry Rice spread out wide and John Mackey at tight end, and they would have been useless given the performance of the New England offensive line. (Hell, given New England's performance in Super Bowl XLII, it seems OLs that disappear in the Super Bowl is something of a Patriots tradition by now.)

Hannah must have seen the writing on the wall after his performance against the Bears: he soon retired, making Super Bowl XX the last (and probably the worst) game of his otherwise brilliant career.

He could have let Super Bowl XX pass quietly into history. Instead, Hannah targeted his anger and frustration from that day at his own teammate. And perhaps now we have a better idea of why he did so

=KkulytNYbhw&feature=player_embedded

At the 24 second mark: It takes Hannah and Pete Brock every ounce of their effort to double-team William

In case you were wondering, Hannah also made no bones about his preference for Steve Grogan over Tony Eason. "There was a lack of faith in Tony," he said. He jokingly told a fan that if Grogan had started the '85 Super Bowl, "we'd have lost by only 14 points."

I do not believe JH was in his prime at that point in career...ya think

bears had one of the Top all time Defense

I never saw a guard in his prime play better than JH

Agreed and yes, Grogan had more balls than Eason could ever think of having - but that does not excuse Hannah from being a d-bag. He played like sh*t in the SB- just man up and admit it.

Archived