JonEJet

Tried not to do it to myself again

Told myself not to do it

Gave myself all the excuses

Told myself to give the kid a few years

Said it would take a few years for the team to gel

Listened to the coach, and his bravado

Then last sunday happened

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

I won't think superbowl, but if we beat the Pats this week I'm definitely thinking playoffs. To tell you the truth, I'm already thinking playoffs but I'm telling myself "you're stupid, chill out." I got ahead of myself last season so I'm trying to just take it as it comes. It's hard not to get excited though.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed and yes, Grogan had more balls than Eason could ever think of having - but that does not excuse Hannah from being a d-bag. He played like sh*t in the SB- just man up and admit it.

I did not watch much of that SB, I'm sure he suked like the whole team

did in that game.

maybe there was big schsim in pats locker room

sure JH wasn't only one who hated TE

Please stay away from Julio..bama playas would not fit in well in foxhole

I did not watch much of that SB, I'm sure he suked like the whole team

did in that game.

maybe there was big schsim in pats locker room

sure JH wasn't only one who hated TE

Please stay away from Julio..bama playas would not fit in well in foxhole

Yah, I beleive the lockerroom problems had to do with cocaine and Irvings Fryars' wife's knife yeilding abilities. LOL!

Yah, I beleive the lockerroom problems had to do with cocaine and Irvings Fryars' wife's knife yeilding abilities. LOL!

Steve Grogan was light years better than TE

Bears were very good on D and hannah was on his last legs

you probably did not seem him play his first 6 years

Definitely IN.

If you let the past in as a Jets fan, its nearly impossible to buy in, even on the best of days.

However, It's nearly impossible for me to not buy in after last Sunday. Everything I imagined the Jets could be were put on display, a full year ahead of schedule.

If we lose to the Pats this weekend, will I be upset? Sure. Will I question where the team stands? Possibly, depending on how it happens.

But on Sunday at 1:00 PM, I will be even more giddy about the Jets than I am right now (which is pretty much 9/10 on the "giddyness" scale).

Go Jets. Beat the Pats!

I think NFL Network has bought in too

Seems like they are loving the Jets this week

From a TV standpoint it makes sense.

The Jets are the younger team. The Pats run is either over or in it's waning years. It's beneficial to the NFL Network & CBS for the Jets to overtake the Pats. The ascending team is longer in the spotlight than the team on the decline.

what the hell is the point of being a fanatic if you're not going to buy in ?

lemme tell ya something, the ones who will enjoy the Jets next SB the most will be the ones who believed in every crappy HC and QB along the way

the ones who are waiting for the clock to run to 0:00 at the end of the SB to allow themselves to enjoy it are missing out on the most important part of a championship, the journey

If you say so.

You are the first Jet fan I have ever heard say that or anything positive about Ken. But if there are Jet fans that think highly of him than I stand corrected.

What do you know?

We only had 1 good year of Vinny, hope for browning nagle for 1 preseason. I always thought very little of Chad and any of the other losers we brought in..

I never saw Namath and don't remember any of the guys that just preceded O'Brien, so yeah, I'd have to say O'brien is my favorite. As pathetic as that is..

From a TV standpoint it makes sense.

The Jets are the younger team. The Pats run is either over or in it's waning years. It's beneficial to the NFL Network & CBS for the Jets to overtake the Pats. The ascending team is longer in the spotlight than the team on the decline.

Plus our QB is hotter then theirs. Not in a Daniel Craig way, but in a boy band type of way :hipp:

We wouldn't be Jets fans if we didn't buy wholesale into the next great thing. Rex Ryan is my hero and Mark Sanchez is going to the Hall Of Fame.

Until they suck. Then I will bash the hell out of them and want the HC fired and the guy on the bench to start.

It's the only thing I know anymore.

We wouldn't be Jets fans if we didn't buy wholesale into the next great thing. Rex Ryan is my hero and Mark Sanchez is going to the Hall Of Fame.

Until they suck. Then I will bash the hell out of them and want the HC fired and the guy on the bench to start.

It's the only thing I know anymore.

If Jets lose come Monday Rex Ryan will known as the coach of the

Just

Excessively

Talking

Shit

Look at all these Pats fans posturing.

If we lose, they're going to be crawling over here, talking about us being overconfident. If we win, they'll either talk about their injury woes, say "well you had to beat us in the Meadowlands at SOME point", or act like they knew they were going to go down.

Spare the BS. I refuse to apologize for being "excessively" confident about this team. We played a damn near PERFECT game in week 1, and have the makings of a dominant defense. We also happen to have a potential franchise QB on our hands.

And none of that was supposed to come close to happening until AT LEAST season 2 of Rex Ryan's tenure.

You know what Pats fans? Go to hell. I don't care if we're being ridiculous. This is our house and our team. If we came to your board and talked this type of game, you'd have every reason to get your panties in a bunch.

But what you do here is like go to a local bar you've never been to, plop yourself down and try to tell the locals how they should talk and act.

You are not welcome here. ESPECIALLY not this week. This is war.

If we lose, they're going to be crawling over here, talking about us being overconfident. If we win, they'll either talk about their injury woes, say "well you had to beat us in the Meadowlands at SOME point", or act like they knew they were going to go down.

Spare the BS. I refuse to apologize for being "excessively" confident about this team. We played a damn near PERFECT game in week 1, and have the makings of a dominant defense. We also happen to have a potential franchise QB on our hands.

And none of that was supposed to come close to happening until AT LEAST season 2 of Rex Ryan's tenure.

You know what Pats fans? Go to hell. I don't care if we're being ridiculous. This is our house and our team. If we came to your board and talked this type of game, you'd have every reason to get your panties in a bunch.

But what you do here is like go to a local bar you've never been to, plop yourself down and try to tell the locals how they should talk and act.

the pat fans around me are very confident and tell me Mex will quiver...WTF

i just tell him...you better show up at my door if jets win..like you did wiith

Jills

:rolleyes:

it is a war of course..but how do you smack talk without other side?

i say allow TX to post....I think both teams are close now

the pat fans around me are very confident and tell me Mex will quiver...WTF

i just tell him...you better show up at my door if jets win..like you did wiith

Jills

I am confident that the Patriots are the better team and expect them to prevail. But on any given Sunday, any given team.

I think Rex Ryan is making a mistake by making this game bigger than it is. It is not the superbowl. The loser's season is not over and winner doesn't get a ticker tape parade and an invite to the whitehouse.

I am confident that the Patriots are the better team and expect them to prevail. But on any given Sunday, any given team.

I think Rex Ryan is making a mistake by making this game bigger than it is. It is not the superbowl. The loser's season is not over and winner doesn't get a ticker tape parade and an invite to the whitehouse.

this is a statement game for jets

we have lost what 9 straight at home

time to win one

Damm nice post! POTW Nomination.

this is a statement game for jets

we have lost what 9 straight at home

time to win one

Yes and no. Jets actually won the last meeting between the two teams. This isn't the ownage like the Patriots 12 straight over the Bills. The Jets must win one of the two games this season. Either this week or the one @ NE later in the season to have a realistic shot at winning the division, same for the Patriots. But this is not a must win game for either team.

The winner gets to control its own destiny for the division title. It would also be the first Jets win over New England at home in 9 years, and just their 3rd win in the last 15 tries. Not to mention, there's been smack talk (mainly from him) and media attention almost all offseason concerning New England. I'd say he's put this game in the proper perspective.

Yes and no. Jets actually won the last meeting between the two teams. This isn't the ownage like the Patriots 12 straight over the Bills. The Jets must win one of the two games this season. Either this week or the one @ NE later in the season to have a realistic shot at winning the division, same for the Patriots. But this is not a must win game for either team.

i said Home meaning NY ...helloooooooooo

Tried not to do it to myself again

Told myself not to do it

Gave myself all the excuses

Told myself to give the kid a few years

Said it would take a few years for the team to gel

Listened to the coach, and his bravado

Then last sunday happened

And I'm right back where I am every year. Like a rabbit chasing the carrot. I'm knee deep in the Jets season again, praying this is the year.

Help me.

Go Jets

DON'T DO IT JON. We talked about this during the off season , remember ? Get some professional help !

Archived