Rhodes: Jets will hit Brady often

SoFlaJets

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is rethaded?

I had someone pm me once saying that the word "retarded" was a bit offensive to them. I use the word often enough.....and I do not mean it to disparage - in any way - people with learning disabilities. Anyway, "retahded" was born (plus, I am from Boston and it's a bit of a play on the sterotypical accent.)

"You go out from the first quarter on, from the first play on, and try to embarrass them," Rhodes said, according to the New York Daily News. "Not just go out there and try to win, try to embarrass them. Try to make them feel bad when they leave here. We don't want to just beat them. We want to send a message to them, 'We're not backing down from you and we expect to win this game, and it's not going to be luck, it's not going to be a mistake.' "

Anthony Smith, is that you ??

Oh boy, the patty's LOVE it when players talk that way. Ugh.... :bag:

Rhodes should STFU and let his play do his talking. Something (maybe it's all his non-hits and non-interceptions) tells me his play may not match up to his mouth. I'd love to be proven wrong - so have at it Hollywood.

Anthony Smith, is that you ??

Oh boy, the patty's LOVE it when players talk that way. Ugh.... :bag:

I tweeted this:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom Brady is planning an Anthony Smith-style facial for @kerryrhodes right now.

Kerry actually responded "yo Im not Anthony Smith ok"

I did feel kinda bad, because I simply meant that Brady and co. were going to try and throw one over Kerry as revenge for his comments. Yet another Jet who hates me.

I tweeted this:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom Brady is planning an Anthony Smith-style facial for @kerryrhodes right now.

I did feel kinda bad, because I simply meant that Brady and co. were going to try and throw one over Kerry as revenge for his comments. Yet another Jet who hates me.

I saw that, he did seem pissed. Although he probably learned to hate you from Kevin Mawae. I am sure they have a handbook that outlines the bad fans.

:-P

I tweeted this:

you should have offered him a bounty....for a Cindy hit

perhaps a JN T-shirt or fridge magnet

I hope Kerry has a good day. I ain't expecting it.

A pick would be fabulous. A sack would be fabulous. It would be nice if he can be wreaking havoc around the LOS for a good margin of the game.

I just don't see it. When was the last time Rhodes had a good impact for the Jets?

I tweeted this:

Don't worry, Jet fans hate you as well.

Rhodes should STFU and let his play do his talking. Something (maybe it's all his non-hits and non-interceptions) tells me his play may not match up to his mouth. I'd love to be proven wrong - so have at it Hollywood.

Yeah, there's a BIG difference between all the comments Rex has made and what Rhodes just said. Rex has a playful sense of humor and actually doesn't say anything disrespectful. He's more about passion and enthusiasm.

I rarely agree with Florio from PFT but I think he hit it on the head regarding this case. Rhodes comments regarding Brady's knees crossed the line. You gotta know that our players are extremely protective of Brady and when you make that kind of comment, you're opening pandora's box. How do you think Vince Wilfork is going to take those words? Ironically, I don't think Rhode's comments are going to have the desired effect and unfortunately, they may have just put the rookie's knees, and career, in jeopardy.

You think this kind of mindset is reserved for pitchers and baseball? Football is a sport of big, strong, powerful men with bad intentions. The last thing this sport needs is players making threats through the media. This type of thing can get out of hand and turn ugly very quickly. There's a reason why this sort of thing has never been deemed acceptable in the past. I love Rex's enthusiasm but if it leads to players like Rhodes making threats, he needs to get control of his team and nip this thing in the butt. That's completely unacceptable.

And like I said, it's not about just protecting Brady or whoever is directly threatened. It's also about protecting your guys. All these comments have done is place the bulls-eye on Sanchez and it would be a sad, sad thing to see him carted off the field. NOBODY WINS WITH THIS SH!T.

Yeah, there's a BIG difference between all the comments Rex has made and what Rhodes just said. Rex has a playful sense of humor and actually doesn't say anything disrespectful. He's more about passion and enthusiasm.

I rarely agree with Florio from PFT but I think he hit it on the head regarding this case. Rhodes comments regarding Brady's knees crossed the line. You gotta know that our players are extremely protective of Brady and when you make that kind of comment, you're opening pandora's box. How do you think Vince Wilfork is going to take those words? Ironically, I don't think Rhode's comments are going to have the desired effect and unfortunately, they may have just put the rookie's knees, and career, in jeopardy.

You think this kind of mindset is reserved for pitchers and baseball? Football is a sport of big, strong, powerful men with bad intentions. The last thing this sport needs is players making threats through the media. This type of thing can get out of hand and turn ugly very quickly. There's a reason why this sort of thing has never been deemed acceptable in the past. I love Rex's enthusiasm but if it leads to players like Rhodes making threats, he needs to get control of his team and nip this thing in the butt. That's completely unacceptable.

And like I said, it's not about just protecting Brady or whoever is directly threatened. It's also about protecting your guys. All these comments have done is place the bulls-eye on Sanchez and it would be a sad, sad thing to see him carted off the field. NOBODY WINS WITH THIS SH!T.

The Jets will get to Brady more than the Pats get to the Rookie.

Archived