Will Herm Ever Win The SuperBowl

Maxman

As head coach of the New York Jets, will Herman Edwards ever win the Super Bowl?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. As head coach of the New York Jets, will Herman Edwards ever win the Super Bowl?

Why would the AFL go through with the merger after getting beat down 3 straight times in the Super Bowl? The AFL owners had deeper pockets and could outlast and take down the owners with money rather than get beat down in a game that was failing to attract fans anyway. That game catipulted the ratings and attendence of future super bowls. I know that the NFL claims that the attendence was high for the first 3 super bowls. But by all acounts attendence was so low that they moved all the fans to midfield to make it look like the place was packed for the TV cameras. The bottom line is Super Bowl 3 put the Super Bowl event on the map with other large events at that time and paved the way for the AFL and NFL to both have mutual interest in continuing the merger process. I can't believe you guys are even trying to argue with this. Even Giant fans accept this as truth.

To quote Jesse Ventura, "these people got rich but not being stupid."

The NFL was the brand name. At what cost is victory worth it? Yes, the AFL could have eventually buried the NFL, but what would be left of the league and how much money would have been wasted?

The Jets victory gave the AFL credibility.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To quote Jesse Ventura, "these people got rich but not being stupid."

The NFL was the brand name. At what cost is victory worth it? Yes, the AFL could have eventually buried the NFL, but what would be left of the league and how much money would have been wasted?

The Jets victory gave the AFL credibility.

Wrong again just like you have been many times private. The Jets victory was what caused the merger to go through. I can see you never studied the cause and effect of buyouts, competition and mergers.

Wrong again just like you have been many times private. The Jets victory was what caused the merger to go through. I can see you never studied the cause and effect of competition verse mergers.

Come on sherry, you are smarter than that.

The "Jets victory caused the merger to go through"?

Get real.

Archived