Jenkins OUT for Sunday?

visajets

I think we should draft a NT in next year's draft in the first round. Hopefully without giving up more picks. :bag:

I'd say that is clearly our biggest need. If Jenkins goes down, the Jets = kaput. We need a backup & someone to step in, in a few years when Jenkins retires.

And you know what, I'm 150% in agreement with this because he's the hinge to the D. I say if we have a later pick #17-25 this year to draft Terrance Cody from Alabama would be something to consider. He looks like a nice prospect at DT already, and did I fail to mention he's 6,4' 375 (which is bigger than Jenkins). He wouldn't require that steep of a rookie contract being picked that late, he wouldn't have to start immediately and could learn how to play NT as well as be a replacement for Jenkins on 3rd downs or if he needs a rest.

A WR could always be drafted in the 2nd round or even the 3rd. This year is going to dictate our desperation at WR we'll have because you never know if either Stuckey or Clowney are capable of being threats week-in and week out. Plus there's always the FA class of WRs next year including Marshall, TO, Evans, Clayton and Edwards to name a few.

Archived