Jets vs Patriots Game Day Thread

Maxman

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The newbies propagated that **** Official garbage. Follow me young man. Follow me. I won last week and I am going to win this week.

:-P

lol at newbies...you can't even spell that right..lol..it's n00b, n00b! :)

And the midnight game thread dogma was my idea! hahahaha

GO JETS!

Kevin O'Connell, team captain?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 20, 2009 12:10 PM ET

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that reserve quarterback Kevin O'Connell, who was acquired by the Jets via trade with the Lions after being waived by the Pats only a year after entering the league as a third-round draft pick, will be named a team captain for Sunday's game against New England.

Seriously.

O'Connell will serve as the emergency quarterback. He'll play only if Mark Sanchez and Kellen Clemens get knocked out of the game. (That said, O'Connell may enter the game in the fourth quarter, without preventing the Jets from using either of the other two signal-callers.)

Glazer also reports that Jets coaches grilled O'Connell all week, and that they got useful information regarding the Pats' strategies for picking up blitzes.

So maybe O'Connell didn't get the honor for anything he'll do on the field, but because of his contributions in the meeting room.

Or maybe Captain Lou Albano is trying to further mess with the man he likely regards as the NFL's version of Classie Freddy Blassie.

Weirdest feeling right now.

I'm too edgy to watch TV. I usually watch the NFL pregame shows now, but I can't watch them. Everything is off except my computer. My heart is beating faster than normal.

yeah I'm too keyed up. I really need to calm down lol

Weirdest feeling right now.

I'm too edgy to watch TV. I usually watch the NFL pregame shows now, but I can't watch them. Everything is off except my computer. My heart is beating faster than normal.

Thats how I felt last week - this week not so much

Archived