Hey T0mShane-Where's Sanchez's 3 INTs???

SMC

The one I feel bad for is Sanchez. Belichick can turn any rookie QB's brain to silly putty on a bad day. Now, he gets to come in and put the hurt on Woody Johnson's golden child. Considering the circumstances, if Sanchez finishes this game throwing less than three picks, he should be considered the best QB prospect the Jets have ever had.

Hey, T0m, where was Sanchez's 3 INTs?

Is he now the best QB prospect the Jets ever had??

Still feel sorry for Sanchez???

Hey! What did I say in there that was wrong, fellas?! The kid is special! As soon as I heard that Welker was out I changed my prediction from a 28-10 Jets beatdown by the Pats to having the Jets win 24-17. I knew the Pats O wouldn't work without Welker wreaking havoc in the slot, opening up the downfield shots for Moss and Galloway.

Because it became clear early that the Pats couldn't move the ball, that immediately took Sanchez off the griddle. Hey, he looked confused in the first half, but he stuck with it, kept his confidence, and threw the ball like a pro in the second half. What Sanchez did today with his opportunities was amazing. If he had to throw the ball 30+ times in a shootout with Brady, I think he would have struggled with that. Is this not the best QB prospect we've seen on the Jets since Namath? I'm excited about having him here like you wouldn't believe, but if you know anyone that knew he'd be THIS good THIS early, let me know!

Believe me, SMC, I don't root against the Jets, but I do pound on them when they do something that I recognize as something stupid they've done previously in their largely ignominious history. When the Jets win, I am the happiest SOB in the world, but when they lose--and they've spent ALOT of time losing in the 25+ years Ive been watching--I get annoyed and I slam them, as is my right as a vested veteran of too many embarrassing years as a Jets fan. Hate me or my posts if you want, but make no mistake--no one is a bigger Jets fan than me, and no one wants them to win more than I do.

Hey! What did I say in there that was wrong, fellas?! The kid is special! As soon as I heard that Welker was out I changed my prediction from a 28-10 Jets beatdown by the Pats to having the Jets win 24-17. I knew the Pats O wouldn't work without Welker wreaking havoc in the slot, opening up the downfield shots for Moss and Galloway.

Because it became clear early that the Pats couldn't move the ball, that immediately took Sanchez off the griddle. Hey, he looked confused in the first half, but he stuck with it, kept his confidence, and threw the ball like a pro in the second half. What Sanchez did today with his opportunities was amazing. If he had to throw the ball 30+ times in a shootout with Brady, I think he would have struggled with that. Is this not the best QB prospect we've seen on the Jets since Namath? I'm excited about having him here like you wouldn't believe, but if you know anyone that knew he'd be THIS good THIS early, let me know!

Believe me, SMC, I don't root against the Jets, but I do pound on them when they do something that I recognize as something stupid they've done previously in their largely ignominious history. When the Jets win, I am the happiest SOB in the world, but when they lose--and they've spent ALOT of time losing in the 25+ years Ive been watching--I get annoyed and I slam them, as is my right as a vested veteran of too many embarrassing years as a Jets fan. Hate me or my posts if you want, but make no mistake--no one is a bigger Jets fan than me, and no one wants them to win more than I do.

Ye of little faith

Pats biggest problem was Brady and red zone offense. Welker's 4 foot body wouldn't have had much of an impact on brady making poor passes timae and time again

Pats biggest problem was Brady and red zone offense. Welker's 4 foot body wouldn't have had much of an impact on brady making poor passes timae and time again

Exactly.

So the game plan of making Brady move really does work. He looks real uncomfortable throwing the ball on the move (and I'm even talking about little movement).

The stuff to Welker-lite worked because he rarely had to move in the pocket. Any other time he seemed to miss his target more often.

Thor is a way bigger Jets fan than you are.

Exactly.

Not to mention Edelman led both teams with 8 catches for 98 yards. They got plenty of production out of the slot position, and it didn't seem to make a damned bit of difference.

Archived