Best defense in the league?

Irish Jet

Maye not, but that's a pretty ****ing scary group. I can't remember seeing Tom Brady so shaken up in a game. Even in the SB vs The Giants he wasn't so bad. Rusty or not it's still Tom Brady and we DOMINATED him today. Remember one of the FG's came on a fumble.

I love this defense, ****ing LOVE IT! Ryan is a mad man!

Maye not, but that's a pretty ****ing scary group. I can't remember seeing Tom Brady so shaken up in a game. Even in the SB vs The Giants he wasn't so bad. Rusty or not it's still Tom Brady and we DOMINATED him today. Remember one of the FG's came on a fumble.

Why not? What defense is better right now? Until we get scored on (as in TDs) I won't tip my hat to any other defense in the league as 'better'.

And for those who thought Houston were overrated, look what Schaub and that offense did to Cortland Finnegan and the Titans. (For 124)

Yep...Andre Johnson unleashed from Revis...shows you what a stud Revis really is.

Andre Johnson - shut down

Randy Moss - shut down

NEXT!

No need to be modest. They're the best right now. The defense has only allowed 9 points in two games. Im not counting that Sanchez pick last week. teams are averaging 4.5 pts per game, and this defense has not allowed a TD. They're great in the red zone and they shut down #1 WR's.

If you can name another team that can do this then I'll say we can argue the fact. Right now, the Jets has the #1 Defense without a doubt.

Thats so great to say. I've waited 14 years for this day!

and understand how crazy this is. THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS DID NOT SCORE A TD. When's the last time we've even seen that? Yes this team isnt as talented as they used to be...but they are still a dominate force in the AFC and we just shut them out. The Jets are the real deal.

I don't know if we are the best defense in the league but they could very well be on their way.

The one thing I just love about this defense is that they can now go and get into a street fight with a Pittsburgh, Tennessee and the like and now can more than hold their own.

In the past with Mangini and for most of Herm's time here this team would just sit back and be a bend/don't break D.

They are coming after people with the idea of killing everybody and the big guy upstairs sort out the bodies.

You gotta love it.

The scary thing is we still have our best pass rusher coming back. Pace will be looking to make an impact.

One real negative about this defense right now which is obvious is that there's not one outside rusher who can consistently beat his man when rushing the QB (Well when Bryan Thomas does he can't take down the QB). All of our pressure seems to be coming from the inside and when it does come from the outside it's because our scheme is allowing players to come untouched.

Pace can be the guy though, he is a very good pass rusher and Ryan will know how to get the best out of him. Can't wait to see him back on the field.

Yep - we are certainly top 5 maybe top 3 or 2 with Polamolu out. But we found out how quick this defense (or any other) can sour when they're on the field all the time. Shotty, The Sanchise, and the rest of the O have to continue to carry their weight.

I take a hell of alot of pride in my teams D but i'll be honest. You guys have played as well or better in most areas. I'm tellin' ya this too. Revis is BEST CB in game IMO. Steelers don't have a true shut-down corner.

I take a hell of alot of pride in my teams D but i'll be honest. You guys have played as well or better in most areas. I'm tellin' ya this too. Revis is BEST CB in game IMO. Steelers don't have a true shut-down corner.

That's the beauty of the 3-4, kill the QB system. You can have a great defense without great corners. The Jets are just fortunate to have one.

Realize this we have the number one defense right now and it will only get better. That's right you heard me, BETTER. Pace will be another LB who can rush the passer when he gets back. Strickland is playing phenomenal and will only get better as he develops throughout the season. A couple of times there have been some holes in our run defense against the Pats that I would like to close, but that's pretty minor and the only criticism I can think of. You need more proof you say? We just wrecked two of the best offenses in football. Any team with a poor offense to begin with might take a second bye week this season and stay home when they see the J E T S Jets on their schedule, because the interceptions, forced fumbles and quaterback sacks will likely leave teams licking their wounds for weeks.:box:

Archived