Where Was Gholston and Clowney?

SoFlaJets

Winning is once again keeping the microscope off Gholston.

As for Clowney, the Jets simply aren't going to 3-WR sets, preferring to keep protection on the field for Sanchez. When they bring in the extra WR, it's for something gadgety with Brad Smith. Stuckey isn't wowing me yet, but he's proving to be reliable. That's good enough as long as we have Leon and Dustin catching passes.

Strickland is quickly turning into our best nickel corner if not already is

Strickland has been VERY impressive.

Gholston wasn't on the field a ton because of the 4 receiver sets the Patriots were featuring. Clowney was on the field a few times but Brad Smith is definitely ahead of him on the depth chart, he got on the field often as the 3rd receiver.

He was playing, he was just shockingly awful on every play he was in. We may as well line up with 10 guys.

As others have said, with the spread personnel packages the Pats were using, he wasn't on the field much. People still need something to bitch about after a great win though, so it might as well be him.

As others have said, with the spread personnel packages the Pats were using, he wasn't on the field much. People still need something to bitch about after a great win though, so it might as well be him.

Whatever, but he was on the field (Not often I know) and he sucked. Deny it all you want, it's the truth.

Look I'm delighted about this game and I'm loving this team right now but I'm not gonna' convince myself that Vernon Gholston doesn't suck when it's simply not true.

Whatever, but he was on the field (Not often I know) and he sucked. Deny it all you want, it's the truth.

Look I'm delighted about this game and I'm loving this team right now but I'm not gonna' convince myself that Vernon Gholston doesn't suck when it's simply not true.

So what, he didn't have 1 of our 5 sacks against Brady.

He's being sarcastic.

He's being an idiot. I know what he meant, I think it's laughable that he's implying that sacks are the only way to measure a DE/OLB. Gholston does nothing on the field. He doesn't pressure the QB never mind ****ing get to him and he's a complete liability against the run. It's just embarrassing watching him go out there and get consistently pushed around like he's a ****ing kicker.

He brings nothing to the table and I hope he doesn't see the field next week.

He's being an idiot. I know what he meant, I think it's laughable that he's implying that sacks are the only way to measure a DE/OLB. Gholston does nothing on the field. He doesn't pressure the QB never mind ****ing get to him and he's a complete liability against the run. It's just embarrassing watching him go out there and get consistently pushed around like he's a ****ing kicker.

He brings nothing to the table and I hope he doesn't see the field next week.

It's hard to do anything on the field when you're hardly on the field because of the personnel packages that the Pats were running. But you just go on hating because you need someone to hate. The entire defense had a great day. You choose to focus on the negative. I choose to focus on the positive.

And how about Sean Ellis with his 2 tackles. Awesome. And Bryan Thomas with his 1 solo tackle. Again, awesome.

:rolleyes: (since you didn't pick up on my sarcasm the first time)

Archived