49ers file charges against Jets (Crabtree)

LockeJET

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4491142

The San Francisco 49ers, mired in a contract impasse with first-round draft pick Michael Crabtree, have filed tampering charges with the NFL against the New York Jets, the New York Post has reported.

The Jets denied the allegations through a spokesman, the paper reported.

According to the Post, specifics of the allegations weren't known. The newspaper reported the Jets continue to covet a big-name receiver after failing to land Percy Harvin in this year's draft. Harvin went to the Minnesota Vikings.

49ers team president Jed York has said he recently tried to schedule a face-to-face meeting with Crabtree and his representative, Eugene Parker, but hadn't heard back.

Crabtree, who turned 22 this past Monday, hasn't accepted the 49ers' offer for approximately five years and $20 million with a reported $16 million guaranteed.

Oakland Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, the No. 7 choice, signed a five-year contract that will guarantee him at least $23.5 million.

Jacksonville Jaguars top pick Eugene Monroe, taken eighth overall, signed a five-year, $25 million contract that includes $19 million guaranteed.

There have been multiple reports in the past month, including from his cousin, that Crabtree would re-enter the draft in 2010 and wait for the money he thinks he deserves.

Crabtree caught 97 passes for 1,165 yards and 19 touchdowns last year during his sophomore season at Texas Tech. He finished his college career with 231 receptions for 3,127 yards and 41 TDs.

Is the idiot York family providing any details as to how the Jets allegedly tampered with Crabtree?

The Daily News is reporting the 49ers said the Jets contacted Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, to let him know they'd be interested in trading for his rights, or in drafting him in 2010 with a better salary than the 49ers are offering.

Interesting. They dont know the details on the allegations but we are being investigated?

What could we possibly be saying to Crabtree? Hey bud, sit out this year and we are going to draft you next season? We dont know where we are picking, we dont know where he will be. The guy wants big money, that the whole issue, he has to be expecting to be a top 10 pick and the way things are going, I dont think we are selecting that high. :D

Very interesting, I'd love to hear the details.

The Daily News is reporting the 49ers said the Jets contacted Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, to let him know they'd be interested in trading for his rights, or in drafting him in 2010 with a better salary than the 49ers are offering.

Or more accurately, Eugene Parker told the 49ers that and they believed him.

Interesting. They dont know the details on the allegations but we are being investigated?

What could we possibly be saying to Crabtree? Hey bud, sit out this year and we are going to draft you next season? We dont know where we are picking, we dont know where he will be. The guy wants big money, that the whole issue, he has to be expecting to be a top 10 pick and the way things are going, I dont think we are selecting that high. :D

Very interesting, I'd love to hear the details.

This thing reeks of Parker throwing the Jets name out there as a negotiating ploy and the 49ers stupidly buying into his BS.

O.K....

Why would we contact Crabtree about a trade? Does he have the power to make a deal? No.

And why would any organization suggest for a player to sit out a year of Football so that they can unload a HUGE contract on him and hope that he is still in shape and that sitting out a year doesnt affect his game...if he is even around when we select.

This just doesnt make sense.

I thought they just speculated that could be the reason (at least that's how I read it).

O.K....

Why would we contact Crabtree about a trade? Does he have the power to make a deal? No.

And why would any organization suggest for a player to sit out a year of Football so that they can unload a HUGE contract on him and hope that he is still in shape and that sitting out a year doesnt affect his game...if he is even around when we select.

This just doesnt make sense.

No, it doesn't. This is Eugene Parker trying to be smart and the 49ers being even dumber than he is.

Two words: Dez Bryant.

+ 1. I think he is better then Crabtree.

I'm sorry, I just have an issue with anyone that thinks its in their best interest to sit out a year of Football for a couple of million more a year.

What happened to being ecstatic about the chance to play in the NFL? The kid is going to miss out on a chunk of money for this year. Is his contract next year going to be fair trade in compensation for sitting out a year?

He just sounds like another diva receiver.

I'm sorry, I just have an issue with anyone that thinks its in their best interest to sit out a year of Football for a couple of million more a year.

What happened to being ecstatic about the chance to play in the NFL? The kid is going to miss out on a chunk of money for this year. Is his contract next year going to be fair trade in compensation for sitting out a year?

Agreed! Not to mention Crabtree still has to learn the playbook and by sitting out a year that's another year he looses of learning and getting a chance to make an impact.

Who is taking terrible advice from a greedy **** agent.

It is not the first time that the Jets are being linked with such conduct.

Speculation around the league is that the reason the Jets and Mangini were slapped so hard in the injury report scrape, was that the league was coming down on them after blowing the whistle on the spygate incident.

In other words, if you expect everyone else to play by the code of the law, you better be clean yourself.

Honestly I do not think we need Michael Crabtree. Would be nice to get him, but he won't take the biggest percentage increase of anyone at a slot in the draft from San Fran, this guy wants way too much money and then you're going to give it to him after he takes off an entire year?

Eh...

Speculation around the league is that the reason the Jets and Mangini were slapped so hard in the injury report scrape, was that the league was coming down on them after blowing the whistle on the spygate incident.

In other words, if you expect everyone else to play by the code of the law, you better be clean yourself.

So I guess it was okay with the other thirty teams in the league that the Pats* were doing this? If the Jets tampered, then yes they should be punished (although I'd like to see where these allegations are coming from as the only time I've heard Crabtree and the Jets mentioned in the same sentence was on Jets message boards). However, if the other thirty organizations in the league do indeed have a grudge against the Jets because of spygate, then frankly they deserved to get hosed each and every time. The moral of the story would be that its okay to cheat, its just not okay to call somebody out for cheating.

Really? I have never heard/read/seen this before from anyone?

And I dont see how contacting a player illegally or messing with the injury report is any where near the same level of what happened in spy gate. And I'm pretty sure most cerebral people would say the same.

Our slip ups **** with loosely interpreted rules of engagement toward players and the other in reality hurt us last year by playing someone injured and we gained no advantage, spygate is systematically cheating in game to gain an advantage, who wouldnt rat out a team doing that against them if they caught them?

HUGE difference.

So I guess it was okay with the other thirty teams in the league that the Pats* were doing this? If the Jets tampered, then yes they should be punished (although I'd like to see where these allegations are coming from as the only time I've heard Crabtree and the Jets mentioned in the same sentence was on Jets message boards). However, if the other thirty organizations in the league do indeed have a grudge against the Jets because of spygate, then frankly they deserved to get hosed each and every time. The moral of the story would be that its okay to cheat, its just not okay to call somebody out for cheating.

It wasn't "teams" that were looking to make an example, it was the LEAGUE.

Agreed! Not to mention Crabtree still has to learn the playbook and by sitting out a year that's another year he looses of learning and getting a chance to make an impact.

This year is probably lost for him anyway. He's coming off the foot surgery, isn't in football shape and it's going to take him time to learn the playbook.

Who is taking terrible advice from a greedy **** agent.

Why do you consider his agent "greedy"? Is it because he's trying to work for the kid? If he took the slotted deal he'd have done basically zero work and gotten a half million dollar pay day. Money already in his pocket. You may disagree with his reasoning and methods, but this doesn't strike me as what a greedy person would act.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4491142

There have been multiple reports in the past month, including from his cousin, that Crabtree would re-enter the draft in 2010 and wait for the money he thinks he deserves.

It cannot be possible for a person to be this stupid. In 2010 he will be lucky to get a job collecting the 49's jock straps. Douche bag should be honored anyone even drafted him.

Wide receiver to me is the farthest thing from a sure thing. What a hard position to transition from college to the NFL when most of these guys went up against corners who couldn't make an NFL practice squad for 90 percent of their games. The 49ers are in the middle of a nightmare with Crabtree and are hoping to get awarded some pick for this in order to try and come out even on this. Personally I think it is ridiculous that their aren't slotting rules in place and with the coming collective bargaining agreement I have no doubt that their will be a new Crabtree rule in place. This is just like what happened earlier with the Broncos and Marshall. These teams are acting like jealous boyfriends overreacting over a glance from accross the bar. My prediction is that either the 49ers make some sort of sign and trade for a second round pick next year or he sits out and gets drafted in the middle to late first round next year and ends up signing for less than the 49ers offered.

The reason the TO experimental tv show surprisingly failed is because they probably couldn't get Crabtree to sign a contract to take second billing on the show. I can just imagine it now, TO takes Crabtree under his wing, "So if you drop the ball, it's the quaterbacks fault. If they don't throw to you at least a dozen times because you're unable to get open it's the quaterback's fault. If you don't feel like going to team practices or training then it's ok as long as a news crew films you doing situps in your driveway. And most of all don't worry Crabtree when no legitimate team wants you and you end up signing a smaller deal with a no market team like the Bills because that's when you know you've made it as the best."

I don't want this guy. Not after this. And I think Sanchez would be better off with a Plax like guy who can provide a big red zone target. With guys like Strickland and DeVito stepping up we have less and less needs. I would be ok if we traded away our picks this year to step up and grab a guy like Dez Bryant, an OLB and some depth on the OLine.:rim:

You know what will be funny? When Crabtree and his stupid A$$ agent skip the huge money already offered this year to sit out, and get drafted next year with a new collective barganing agreement. Which one of the biggest concerns on the list of "to be addressed issues" with the current system is rookie pay scale. If a new agreement comes around (and I hope it does) then there is no way he makes this much money...this guy is an idiot.

Also, why would we want crabtree? We already have Cotchery, Stuckey, and a tight-end that ought to be a dang receiver. We dont need some diva locker room cancer. If the Jets were trying to get him I wouldnt be happy. I would be mad.

You know what will be funny? When Crabtree and his stupid A$$ agent skip the huge money already offered this year to sit out, and get drafted next year with a new collective barganing agreement. Which one of the biggest concerns on the list of "to be addressed issues" with the current scale is rookie pay scale. If a new agreement comes around (and I hope it does) then there is no way he makes this much money...this guy is an idiot.

Also, why would we want crabtree? We already have Cotchery, Stuckey, and a tight-end that ought to be a dang receiver. We dont need some diva locker room cancer. If the Jets were trying to get him I wouldnt be happy. I would be mad.

Welcome to the site Sanchez. I heard Jets babe likes your balls. :)

Archived