Peyton Manning or Drew Brees

Blackout

Not the way Rivers is playing thus far, though.

Under "right now" argument, Rivers is not playing that well.

meh... Brees faced detroit in one of his games, the same team that Favre had a perfect game against this past weekend, and while I have to admit that

his exploits against Philly were impressive, I'm still not ready to put him down as a top guy.. we'll see

He had 369 yards and 2 TD's against the Ravens yesterday. How is that not "playing that well"?

Cause he threw two int's probably.. But in his defense 1 was a definite PI and the other he was trying to throw away.. Which was a bad decision, but kind of fluky..

Cause he threw two int's probably.. But in his defense 1 was a definite PI and the other he was trying to throw away.. Which was a bad decision, but kind of fluky..

I'm just saying, even with the picks (and even if they were BOTH his fault, and there's a chance he might have had one more that was dropped), the Ravens are SUPPOSED to be an elite defense still, no? Those are gaudy numbers.

The Chargers suck, and should be 0-2, but Rivers is a top 5 QB, for sure.

I'm just saying, even with the picks (and even if they were BOTH his fault, and there's a chance he might have had one more that was dropped), the Ravens are SUPPOSED to be an elite defense still, no? Those are gaudy numbers.

When it's all said and done I expect the Chargers will be there at the enda dn Rivers will be near the top of most passing stats

He had 369 yards and 2 TD's against the Ravens yesterday. How is that not "playing that well"?

It is. But then, Brodie Croyle also threw 2 TD's against them, completed 67% of his passes, and didn't throw any picks.

Baltimore's defense hasn't shown that it's still elite, particularly against the pass. They lost Scott and Leonhard and Rolle, not to mention Ryan and Pettine.

They did get Gregg back this year, but the Ravens defense appears to be a significant step back from last year's.

meh... Brees faced detroit in one of his games, the same team that Favre had a perfect game against this past weekend, and while I have to admit that

his exploits against Philly were impressive, I'm still not ready to put him down as a top guy.. we'll see

Last year's 5,000 yards didn't do it for you either?

In the NFL, that's all there is.

Not really, no.

Brady is far from done IMO, you can't rule out what he's achieved in the past. 4 SB appearances, 3 SB rings, 2 SB MVP's, Single season passing TD record. The guy has done it all.

He's coming off of a serious knee injury, anyone who wasn't expecting him to be rusty is either a delusional Pats fan or 124.

Hey, I like Rivers and I think he's better than Eli & Big Ben.

But the OP was about right now, as in performing right now. Rivers has not been bad, but he has been far from the best this season.

That's my point. Who is performing the best right now. Brees is. By the end of the season it could be Rivers, but Rivers did not play well against the Raiders and he did play well against the Ravens. Also, he's thrown 3 TDs and 3 INTs. Peyton and Brees has outperformed him.

CTM only listed him since he's had a hard on for Rivers for years. He's still bitter that Brees got hurt in the last game of the season for the Chargers a few years ago, otherwise Rivers would have been a Jet in a trade.

Archived