Revis is the best Jet I've ever seen

Matt39

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummm, how long do corners stay dominate for?

Pending on what he does that last year, I have no problem saying bye.

Uh... No!

You lock him up with a long term deal, and start considering letting him go before he's due for his third contract. Maybe trade him to the Raiders for a future first rounder at that time.

Im 26 and I cant recall a more dominant player in a Jets uniform. This kid is Hall of Fame good.

It looks effortless to him.

he's very good, but the most dominant Jet Ive seen in my 37 years has to be Mark Gastineau. People hate on him because he was kind of a jerk, but teams had to scheme for him. He took over games and gave QB's the jitters. He legitimately set the single season sack record (sorry strahan). He also had a knack for firing up a home crowd and getting under a Tackle's skin. Best pass rusher I've ever seen, with L. Taylor a close second.

For the love of God! He's already signed. They locked him up with his rookie deal. That is why it took so long for him to sign.

At this point I'm not prepared to even say he's the best Jets CB I've seen.

Crazy isn't it? Everyone ripped Tanny for giving him that 6th year trigger, and now he looks like a genius for it.

And of course he's the Jets best CB ever. The only competition he's going up against for that title is Aaron Glenn and he's already light years better than Glenn ever was.

glenn > revis .........know your history

That is opinion not history!

When Revis is all said and done he will shame Glenn.

Know your history and try and embrace the future.

You act like Aaron Glenn is old, he just retired last year.

Glenn Career Tackles- 549 (16 years) 41 Picks

Revis Career Tackles- 152 (2 Years 1 game) 9 picks

Those are just the basics, do the Math, Revis will obliterate those stats.

That is opinion not history!

When Revis is all said and done he will shame Glenn.

Know your history and try and embrace the future.

You act like Aaron Glenn is old, he just retired last year.

Glenn Career Tackles- 549 (16 years) 41 Picks

Revis Career Tackles- 152 (2 Years 1 game) 9 picks

Those are just the basics, do the Math, Revis will obliterate those stats.

I just think we are all getting waaaay ahead of ourselves.......No one on this site was calling Revis the Best Cornerback in the league until they read it on a few blogs/websites by supposed "experts".....lets make thge playoffs and them ill before we claim to have the best anything in this league! SLOW DOWN FELLAS!!

I just think we are all getting waaaay ahead of ourselves.......No one on this site was calling Revis the Best Cornerback in the league until they read it on a few blogs/websites by supposed "experts".....lets make thge playoffs and them ill before we claim to have the best anything in this league! SLOW DOWN FELLAS!!

I was.

I never called him the best, but comparing him to Glenn is right out mean.

Glenn was never considered a lights out CB.

He was at 3 prow bowls, but Revis will smoke that too.

Andre Johnson

4 receptions 35 yards vs Revis

10 receptions, 149 yards, 1 TD vs Texans

Randy Moss

4 receptions, 24 yards vs Revis

12 receptions, 141 yards vs Bills

Yeah, people will say our schemes are doing this with pressure, but no way would Ryan be able to send all that pressure, leaving Revis 1 on 1 against two of the best WR's in the game.

Revis is ridiculously good, you could tell from his rookie season that he was gonna' be a special player. Last year he stepped up and became an elite CB and now he's just flat out dominant. It's scary to think it's his 3rd season in the league.

Agreed!!

On top of that he is a tackling machine, he'll break CB records if he keeps his pace.

Crazy isn't it? Everyone ripped Tanny for giving him that 6th year trigger, and now he looks like a genius for it.

And of course he's the Jets best CB ever. The only competition he's going up against for that title is Aaron Glenn and he's already light years better than Glenn ever was.

Light years my ass. He may be better than Glenn when it's all said and done, but until this (2 game old) season he certainly wasn't. Until this year Revis spent very little time in straight man. I remember him being unable to stop Braylon Edwards when it counted and plenty of guys had big days against us. Glenn did it for years. Hasty also can be in this conversation. He's probably better than Jerry Holmes and Bobby Jackson.

I'm used to Jets fans falling in love. They'll probably all be screaming for him to be cut the first time he's out on a island and gives up a game winning TD when the blitz doesn't arrive in time.

I'm more concerned with people squawking about "locking up" a guy that isn't even to the midway point of his contract. Sanchez threw a TD! Lock him up!

Archived