Sanchez more advanced than Brady.....

Steveg

Now Woody is the Jets' right tackle, giving him a unique perspective to compare Sanchez and Brady. Not with the Brady who has won three Super Bowls, of course, but with the inexperienced QB who stepped into the huddle the third week of the season in '01.

Woody says Sanchez is "more advanced" than Brady was at a comparative stage in his fundamentals and understanding of the game. "He's ahead of the curve," Woody said.

That has made Woody optimistic about where the rest of this season might be headed. "When you have a really good quarterback on the team, it gives your football team so much confidence because you know you've got a guy at the helm that can make things happen and always give you a chance to win," Woody said. "That's how I felt when I was in New England. We had Brady and we always had a chance to win."

Full story - http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/09/22/2009-09-22_mark_sanchez.html

Now Woody is the Jets' right tackle, giving him a unique perspective to compare Sanchez and Brady. Not with the Brady who has won three Super Bowls, of course, but with the inexperienced QB who stepped into the huddle the third week of the season in '01.

Woody says Sanchez is "more advanced" than Brady was at a comparative stage in his fundamentals and understanding of the game. "He's ahead of the curve," Woody said.

That has made Woody optimistic about where the rest of this season might be headed. "When you have a really good quarterback on the team, it gives your football team so much confidence because you know you've got a guy at the helm that can make things happen and always give you a chance to win," Woody said. "That's how I felt when I was in New England. We had Brady and we always had a chance to win."

Full story - http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/09/22/2009-09-22_mark_sanchez.html

brady at this point in career could not do 1 chinup

Woody isn't exactly unbiased.

If he was to say the opposite he would be the very definition of a locker room cancer.

As if that were his only option. He could have said nothing. But he decided to bring this up to the media because, as an NFL veteran who has seen plenty of Brady, he believes it to be true. I don't believe he was prompted to answer a specific "Sanchez-Brady-at-this-point-in-their-careers" question, was he?

As if that were his only option. He could have said nothing. But he decided to bring this up to the media because, as an NFL veteran who has seen plenty of Brady, he believes it to be true. I don't believe he was prompted to answer a specific "Sanchez-Brady-at-this-point-in-their-careers" question, was he?

Good post. Sanchez looks much more polished in his first 2 starts than Brady did in 2001.

Archived