Best Jets O since...?

SoFlaJets

HIJACKED FOR A POST

Hey Ms. SNI... nice title :lol: ever try that recipe? ;)

THIS THREAD WILL NOW RETURN TO THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED BACK N FORTH BETWEEN JONE AND MS. SNI :P

Frickin' math teachers. Always want to be the center of attention. :wink:

So, what you're trying to say is that you and sherry had sex??

:shock:

You know, I understand that things in the deep south are different, but I didn't know it was THAT different! Would you like me to expolain teh birds and bees to you again, honey? :wink:

You know, this is outrageous!!! I do something nice - (yeah, I know it takes a little while to get over the initial shock of that) - and I get slammed!!! - and not in a good way.....

I was extended and olive branch and I accepted...now I am the victim of off-color jokes and sexual innuendo. There is no justice!!! None!!!!!

GG - I didn't get a chance to make it yet, but I hope to make it this coming weekend. I think this recipe could put me in good stead - for a little while anyway! :wink:

GG - I didn't get a chance to make it yet, but I hope to make it this coming weekend. I think this recipe could put me in good stead - for a little while anyway! :wink:

A quickie....now you're COOKING for rsherry too?

Must have the "goods"

You know, this is outrageous!!! I do something nice - (yeah, I know it takes a little while to get over the initial shock of that) - and I get slammed!!! - and not in a good way.....

I was extended and olive branch and I accepted...now I am the victim of off-color jokes and sexual innuendo. There is no justice!!! None!!!!!

I think it is a Jets' fan thing and you can imagine how much of a curse they have to live with.

I have had similar experiences on this board.

I'm sorry. Did Garb just say that Tom Brady is better than Joe Namath?

I just said that to stir the pot - TS - I do that best, remember? :lol:

Still I do think he may be over-valued - but I really wouldn't know one way or the other. I was much too young to have any interest in football in 1968 - I was probably busy acclimating to life without diapers. I just think when most folks here say that Unitas was the best, or Namatah was kick-a@@ - well, it's speculation really. You didn't live it.

anytime SNI ;) i have more where that came from ;)... let me know if it is successful .. :)

The idea that the 2005 NY Jets offense will best the 68 Version, or the 86 version or even the 98 version in terms of quality and production is, IMO, a VERY "Green Glasses" viewpoint.

--We have a noodle-armed QB (who I like btw) coming off major arm surgery.

--We have a 32 Year old running back without his safety net backup.

--We have a potentially hobbled WR in Coles. (I think he'll be fine, but right now we just don;t know)

--We have a huge gaping hole at Tackle...at least right now.

--We have another huge gaping hole at Tight End...Baker has been servicable at best, and Becht (a run blocking force) is gone.

--And finally, while technically Special Teams, we are now lacking in the kicker department (Brien was relaible...till it really mattered) and in punt return duties (will we risk McCareins? Or will we use someone else?)

That, in a nutshell, is ALOT of possible problems. Way too many for anyone to be calling for a dominating, best in franchise history, offensive output.

Yes, getting Dinger was a goiod move....but honestly, until we actually SEE the new Dinger ofense....it too is an unknown here.

NOODLE ARMED QB??????????

that 50 yard bomb to Moss with a torn rotator cuff looked pretty good to me War.Coles?Come on man the only knock we ever heard about HIS play is HE PLAYS HURT!!!!!!!!AMAZING

PR duties to Jerricho Cotchery maybe he returned what a KO or was it a punt for a TD

and finally Blaylock scored 8 TDs last year and almost put up more yards than Trung Candidate did against us that time in HIS 1st start.

We look strong and I expect us to get this TE thing done.

NOODLE ARMED QB??????????

that 50 yard bomb to Moss with a torn rotator cuff looked pretty good to me War.Coles?Come on man the only knock we ever heard about HIS play is HE PLAYS HURT!!!!!!!!AMAZING

PR duties to Jerricho Cotchery maybe he returned what a KO or was it a punt for a TD

and finally Blaylock scored 8 TDs last year and almost put up more yards than Trung Candidate did against us that time in HIS 1st start.

We look strong and I expect us to get this TE thing done.

Yes, noodle armed. Anyone with ANY objectivity can clearly see that Chad is in the bottom 10% of Starting NFL QB's in terms of arm-strength. He makes up for it with accuracy, but that too was not in evidence during his injured arm time last year.

50 Yard Bomb? Even my GF knows most of Penningtons long passes look like ducks being shot out of the sky.

Coles foot is an issue till he passes our physical, and shows what he has left in our new offense.

Other than one return, Cotchery is a complete unknown at returner duties.

Blaylocks skill is debatable.

Note...you "expect" us to get this TE thing done.....well, I'm not going to call the Jets O this year "the best in franchise history" till it IS done.

And I notice no mention in your answer of our OT hole.

Hey, I'm as optimistic as any relaistic fan can be, and I think our O WILL INDEED be good in 2005.

But best in team history?? That is far from certain, and honestly not likely all considered.

I would take 86 over this O. WR's Toon/ Walker/ Townsell/ Sohn, RB's McNeil/ Hector, TE - Shuler, QB - O,Brien. At this point, O'brien is better than Chad. Coles and McCareins are good, but they are not Toon and Walker. RB's are about equal and Shuler beats out any TE we have/ had on this roster in the past 15 years.

Yes, noodle armed. Anyone with ANY objectivity can clearly see that Chad is in the bottom 10% of Starting NFL QB's in terms of arm-strength. He makes up for it with accuracy, but that too was not in evidence during his injured arm time last year.

50 Yard Bomb? Even my GF knows most of Penningtons long passes look like ducks being shot out of the sky.

Fish, you sound just like that idiot Tex.

He's dumber than a doornail and can't appreciate the fact PennyBoy has a NFL cannon arm.

I would take 86 over this O. WR's Toon/ Walker/ Townsell/ Sohn, RB's McNeil/ Hector, TE - Shuler, QB - O,Brien. At this point, O'brien is better than Chad. Coles and McCareins are good, but they are not Toon and Walker. RB's are about equal and Shuler beats out any TE we have/ had on this roster in the past 15 years.

Can I have those players but leave Walton and Kotite behind? If so I am on board.

He's dumber than a doornail and can't appreciate the fact PennyBoy has a NFL cannon arm.

:lol:

A Chad deep pass is like a Full Moon. Your bound to see one every month. It is like clockwork.

Tex, one of the things I respect most about you is that when I make a valid objective point, you almost never (at least when debating with me) put on your "Pats Glasses" and start posting tripe. You admit the point has validity, and you move on.

So many fans (both Pats and Jets and likely everyone else too) simply are unable to do that at all, not even on a limited basis.

I LOVE Chad Pennington, make no mistake. I think he is a winner, a warrior and can be a Super Bowl QB EVEN WITH his weak arm. But he has a big ol' Strip of Fettuccine hanging from his soon-to-be repaired shoulder. He is NEVER going to be a 50-60 yard bullet bomber. He will ALWAYS be a 50 yard (maybe) floater, where the WR has to slow down (or stop) to make the play on the deep pass. He will NEVER hit someone 55 or more yards downfield in stride. Sorry.

The good thing foir us is that he can be good enough everywhere else that that weakness isn't the end.

I think that this surgery wil have Chad coming out with a better fastball than we've ever seen, personally.

Topping out at a good 65 MPH. :wink:

As War said, Chad is never going to be Long Distance Pass winner. He only needs to get better at his inter-mediate to longer routes. For Jets fans, 6-8 is not an intermediate range route. :wink:

He has the accuracy, if he can back the defense off a little by being more effective, he will be a very good QB. Otherwise, he will be very good until he meets a contender.

Tex, one of the things I respect most about you is that when I make a valid objective point, you almost never (at least when debating with me) put on your "Pats Glasses" and start posting tripe. You admit the point has validity, and you move on.

So many fans (both Pats and Jets and likely everyone else too) simply are unable to do that at all, not even on a limited basis.

I LOVE Chad Pennington, make no mistake. I think he is a winner, a warrior and can be a Super Bowl QB EVEN WITH his weak arm. But he has a big ol' Strip of Fettuccine hanging from his soon-to-be repaired shoulder. He is NEVER going to be a 50-60 yard bullet bomber. He will ALWAYS be a 50 yard (maybe) floater, where the WR has to slow down (or stop) to make the play on the deep pass. He will NEVER hit someone 55 or more yards downfield in stride. Sorry.

The good thing foir us is that he can be good enough everywhere else that that weakness isn't the end.

Here's the thing Fish. I think you are one of the most "objective" Jets posters on this board.

You have a very good knack of providing specific examples to support your opinions.

Your post above is a perfect example.

Tough to argue with stuff like that.

where?When?talk to me when and in what game exactly did Chad's lack of arm strength not misreads lack of strength hurt the Jets?When I remember Montana I picture a 7 yard slant to John Taylor or a 25-30 pass at most to Rice or that TE in the EZ-the game has changed since Daryl Lamonica Joe Namath bombs away football

Nicely put as always Fish.

I stand by what I've said before that CP has some admirable traits and can absolutely play a significant role on an SB winning team--- he's not going to hold an otherwise great team back from superbowl glory.

At the same time he is NOT a QB who can take a very good but flawed team and "put it on his back" or make things happen.

He is what he is. Give him a top 5 defense and surround him with the right tools to compliment his strengths and he'll give you a solid shot at superbowl glory.

He's a top 10 QB, but not a top 5.

• 8 months later...

Archived