Do the NFL schedule makers have a brain?

Klecko73isGod

The Cowboys were just on Sunday Night Football, do we really need to have them on Monday Night Football this week?

They do realize there are 32 teams in this league right? There are much more intriguing matchups this Sunday than Cowboys-Panthers.

How about Minnesota-San Francisco?

Do we really need to sit through another three hours of announcers fellating Jerry Jones over the new stadium?

Did you honestly think back in March/April when the schedules were made that San Francisco was going to be 2-0?

Dallas draws people. They are "America's Team", they have the biggest fan base in the sport. It's all about their stupid TV ratings and Jerry Jones showing off his stupid stadium that fans already hate. Carolina was coming off a season in which they won 12 or 13 games too.

Did you honestly think back in March/April when the schedules were made that San Francisco was going to be 2-0?

Dallas draws people. They are "America's Team", they have the biggest fan base in the sport. It's all about their stupid TV ratings and Jerry Jones showing off his stupid stadium that fans already hate.

I understand how it works Joe.

Guess what, Brett Favre draws ratings too.

I understand and accept that the Cowboys will sully my TV screen at least 5 times a year on national broadcasts, we still don't need to see them in back to back weeks.

Especially when there are better matchups out there. And yes, 49ers-Vikings did look like a better matchup than Cowboys-Panthers in April.

Guess what, Brett Favre draws ratings too.

Especially when there are better matchups out there. And yes, 49ers-Vikings did look like a better matchup than Cowboys-Panthers in April.

In March/April, Brett Favre was retired. Sure a lot of people thought he would come back, but the networks are not going to take that chance.

And no, no it did not.

Dallas draws people and competes for the postseason each year, sometimes making it. Carolina was the NFC's #2 seed. Minnesota was a 1 & done and San Francisco was below .500.

I'm sure the NFL was just going CRAZY for the might matchup of Tavaris Jackson vs. Shaun Hill.

You want a match-up that looked good in March/April?

Falcons @ Patriots. Matty Ice vs Tom Brady.

The Cowboys were just on Sunday Night Football, do we really need to have them on Monday Night Football this week?

They do realize there are 32 teams in this league right? There are much more intriguing matchups this Sunday than Cowboys-Panthers.

How about Minnesota-San Francisco?

Do we really need to sit through another three hours of announcers fellating Jerry Jones over the new stadium?

It's all about the Benjamins. I KNOW that you know this. ;)

It's all about the Benjamins. I KNOW that you know this. ;)

Yeah and they are charging the same for advertising regardless of who is playing.

As a fan, all I am asking for is a little variety. I don't need to see the same team on Sunday and Monday night football in consecutive weeks.

It's really not that hard to avoid and provide the fans with the opportunity to see more teams.

Yeah and they are charging the same for advertising regardless of who is playing.

As a fan, all I am asking for is a little variety. I don't need to see the same team on Sunday and Monday night football in consecutive weeks.

It's really not that hard to avoid and provide the fans with the opportunity to see more teams.

The goal isn't to see more teams. The goal is to see popular and/or good teams. That is why they flex the sat eve game late in the season.

In March/April, Brett Favre was retired. Sure a lot of people thought he would come back, but the networks are not going to take that chance.

And no, no it did not.

Dallas draws people and competes for the postseason each year, sometimes making it. Carolina was the NFC's #2 seed. Minnesota was a 1 & done and San Francisco was below .500.

I'm sure the NFL was just going CRAZY for the might matchup of Tavaris Jackson vs. Shaun Hill.

You want a match-up that looked good in March/April?

Falcons @ Patriots. Matty Ice vs Tom Brady.

Pats-Falcons is a better matchup on paper and has been unquestionably since April (if you seriously doubted for a second that Favre was playing this year you are incredibly naive.)

How does the NFL expect other teams to grow their brand like the Cowboys have if they don't give them any national exposure?

Pats-Falcons is a better matchup on paper and has been unquestionably since April (if you seriously doubted for a second that Favre was playing this year you are incredibly naive.)

How does the NFL expect other teams to grow their brand like the Cowboys have if they don't give them any national exposure?

Teams don't grow their brand by being on national TV. They grow their brand by winning. Teams that are popular and who make the playoffs get more prime time spots than teams nobody really cares about who haven't made the playoffs in a while.

Teams don't grow their brand by being on national TV. They grow their brand by winning. Teams that are popular and who make the playoffs get more prime time spots than teams nobody really cares about who haven't made the playoffs in a while.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996, just sayin'.

So why not put MORE teams you expect to be good on national television?

Seriously, there is no good explanation for ANY team being on back to back national night games.

You can easily avoid this and provide a better experience for the fans.

NE just played on MNF 2 freekin weeks ago.

How do you expect others teams to grow their brand if they dont get national exposure?

Having the flex schedule late in the year is even more of a reason to show a greater variety of teams early in the year.

Depends on what your goal is.

If variety is the goal then yes. But that is NOT the goal of the NFL.

The goal of the NFL is put on a games that is going to get the most people to decide to watch a 3rd game on Sunday or stay up 'til 11:30 on a Monday night.

Cowboys generate interest. Interest = people who care about the team. That doesn't just mean Cowboy fans. That also means people who hate the Cowboys and will tune in to root against them.

Without even reading the original post, why do I get the feeling this starts with a phone call to Jacksonville's CBS and ends at Chili's?

Kleck has upgraded to cellular techmology.. he can now call teh NFL direct from his private booth at chilis

Depends on what your goal is.

If variety is the goal then yes. But that is NOT the goal of the NFL.

The goal of the NFL is put on a games that is going to get the most people to decide to watch a 3rd game on Sunday or stay up 'til 11:30 on a Monday night.

Cowboys generate interest. Interest = people who care about the team. That doesn't just mean Cowboy fans. That also means people who hate the Cowboys and will tune in to root against them.

I would not necessarily say care about them, but I agree with your point. The Boyz put people in their seats watching football instead of House. Ditto the Colts, Patriots, Packers, Bears and Steelers. They have the fandom and the general hate among rivals.

Please don't have the Jets play more night games. It's really a bitch to stay up for a 3:00 a.m. start time. Wait until 2011. Thank you.

Agree 100%. Have no pronlem with 4PM, but the night game(unless we get a home playoff Satuday night) sucks.

Does Klecko have a memory?

They do this every single year. Teams constantly play on SNF and then MNF the next week. And vice versa. What's the Sunday night game this week? Anyone? Why, it's Arizona vs. Indianapolis, the same Indianapolis that JUST played on MNF two days ago.

I agree that it's stupid that the league constantly does this, but it's nothing new.

Does Klecko have a memory?

They do this every single year. Teams constantly play on SNF and then MNF the next week. And vice versa. What's the Sunday night game this week? Anyone? Why, it's Arizona vs. Indianapolis, the same Indianapolis that JUST played on MNF two days ago.

I agree that it's stupid that the league constantly does this, but it's nothing new.

I remember, and it annoyed me then.

It's not anything new, the Steelers and Giants were on Sunday and Monday Night Football 80 gajillion times last season, it's definitely annoying.

That being said, I really don't care that much because I like the Jets not being the same type of TV draw, it keeps us on the 1 or 4 o'clock games for the most-part, which is what I prefer.

Archived