Anyone stream netflix thru a blu-ray player?

JerryK

I could put this in the tech forum..but then nobody would read it.

I am about to pay a 9 dollar late fee for a movie due 2 days ago. I'm done with these clowns

If any of you stream netflix movies thru one of these blu-ray players can you tell me what you think?

- Bandwidth requirements? (I have a cable modem with -occasionally- 1.4mbit download)

-video quality? Netflix says only standard-def on the streaming stuff???

I'm currently looking at the LG BD 370 box. about 180.00

31kj7YkQIpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Edited by JerryK

I am about to pay a 9 dollar late fee for a movie due 2 days ago. I'm done with these clowns

If any of you stream netflix movies thru one of these blu-ray players can you tell me what you think?

- Bandwidth requirements? (I have a cable modem with -occasionally- 1.4mbit download)

-video quality? Netflix says only standard-def on the streaming stuff???

I'm currently looking at the LG BD 370 box. about 180.00

I stream Netflix through the Xbox 360 to my 60" Sony rear-projection LCD (Grand Wega III) and the quality is comparable to watching standard definition television. I haven't seen too much in HD, because my 3-year old is the one who is usually watching something on there.

My father has a Samsung Blu-Ray player that can stream Netflix connected to a 120Hz Samsung LCD and my brother says the quality is about the same as standard definition, but the HD content (which they do have), is excellent.

Mind you, we both have FiOS 20Mbps service and I've never experienced an issue with buffering while content is playing.

As far as HD content, there is quite a bit available for streaming, but the availability and quality depends on your player and Internet connection. Check out these links:

List of Netflix titles streaming in HD

Engadget's Netflix HD Comparison

I may give it a shot. I Don't think I'll buy a game console to do it, since I have a WII already.

My main tv is still an SD 32" tube...so HD won't be an issue yet.

My cableco just upgraded our bandwidth to 16mb (but with likely fluctuations), so hopefully that will be enough.

Thanks guys.

-

Why are you paying a late fee ? I thought there were none ? I've had them almost 2 1/2 years now, over 200 movies and I've never had a problem.