Mama Cass is close to losing his

afosomf

I saw that on Around the Horn but I won't believe it until I see it. It could be because of Cassel not being 100% versus losing his job to Brodie Croyle. KC is bats*it crazy for paying Cassel that much, but even crazier to bench him after 1 game and have that big of a contract on the sideline unless he's hurt

Croyle - 0-9 career as starter

Cassel - 10-6 career as starter

I personally think Cassel is beyond overpaid and don't see him pan out well in KC, but Cassel > Croyle by a LONNGG shot. I'm surprised Thigpen isn't even thrown in the mix as the #2 because despite his awful mechanics he actually made their offense halfway potent.

I saw that on Around the Horn but I won't believe it until I see it. It could be because of Cassel not being 100% versus losing his job to Brodie Croyle. KC is bats*it crazy for paying Cassel that much, but even crazier to bench him after 1 game and have that big of a contract on the sideline unless he's hurt

Croyle - 0-9 career as starter

Cassel - 10-6 career as starter

I personally think Cassel is beyond overpaid and don't see him pan out well in KC, but Cassel > Croyle by a LONNGG shot. I'm surprised Thigpen isn't even thrown in the mix as the #2 because despite his awful mechanics he actually made their offense halfway potent.

croyle played well vs ravens in balt

24-24 with 3 minutes to go

croyle played well vs ravens in balt

24-24 with 3 minutes to go

:rl: Oh god, I really shouldn't even get into this argument because your defending a former Alabama football player. But here we go

Brodie Croyle is awful, injured prone and has an arm that makes Pennington's arm look like a cannon. I would feel more comfortable with J.P. Losman whose not even in the NFL or Rex Grossman than Brodie Croyle. Just because you "played well" versus a team, doesn't mean squat. He's in 9 career starts he's lost all 9. To boot in the 14 games he's ever played, he's thrown a total of 8 TDs which is just more than .5 TDs per game he's ever played. Ask Kellen Clemens about how playing well one game against Baltimore's D did for his career, or speak volumes about how good of a QB he actually is.

There's 0% chance of Cassel being yanked in favor of either Thigpen or Croyle unless his knee is still bothering him. Plus review what was said Haley said, he was speaking along the lines as "we're having our best players in to win games". That could mean many things like if Cassel gives us the best chance to win now he'll play, but if he's hurt then we're not risking him further injury. Either that or he's letting veterans know that they could be replaced by guys who break their butts working their way up the depth charts.

:rl: Oh god, I really shouldn't even get into this argument because your defending a former Alabama football player. But here we go

Brodie Croyle is awful, injured prone and has an arm that makes Pennington's arm look like a cannon. I would feel more comfortable with J.P. Losman whose not even in the NFL or Rex Grossman than Brodie Croyle. Just because you "played well" versus a team, doesn't mean squat. He's in 9 career starts he's lost all 9. To boot in the 14 games he's ever played, he's thrown a total of 8 TDs which is just more than .5 TDs per game he's ever played. Ask Kellen Clemens about how playing well one game against Baltimore's D did for his career, or speak volumes about how good of a QB he actually is.

There's 0% chance of Cassel being yanked in favor of either Thigpen or Croyle unless his knee is still bothering him. Plus review what was said Haley said, he was speaking along the lines as "we're having our best players in to win games". That could mean many things like if Cassel gives us the best chance to win now he'll play, but if he's hurt then we're not risking him further injury. Either that or he's letting veterans know that they could be replaced by guys who break their butts working their way up the depth charts.

You have no Clue

Croyle has a cannon..Fragile yes...weak arm..nice try.....skippy

haley had no issues playing warner over Leinart and Vinnie T over Foley

He's calling you Skippy. That means he's losing the debate. :D

Right? I love the fact that neither Leinhart or Foley had that big of an contract, and they were replaced by two veteran players (Warner being a former MVP). But hey, benching a guy whose making 28 mil guaranteed after the 1st game in favor of a guy who hasn't won a game in any of his starts sounds legit. Croyle's garbage and probably will be out of the NFL in 3 years

Right? I love the fact that neither Leinhart or Foley had that big of an contract, and they were replaced by two veteran players (Warner being a former MVP). But hey, benching a guy whose making 28 mil guaranteed after the 1st game in favor of a guy who hasn't won a game in any of his starts sounds legit. Croyle's garbage and probably will be out of the NFL in 3 years

Leinart is getting large coin.........skippy

Haley is saying he doesn't care what the person makes, he is

playing to win....stay tuned

Leinart is getting large coin.........skippy

Haley is saying he doesn't care what the person makes, he is

playing to win....stay tuned

Not 28 mil guaranteed, skip. Plus Arizona has the luxury of a wiley veteran in Warner to pass the reigns to. And have I beat it dead into the ground? Croyle has NEVER WON A GAME, EVER! :bwahaharoll:

So it's either its either Haley's totally nuts, hates Cassel or cannot evaluate talent but Cassel won't start only because he's injured. Get off your boy's nuts and accept that Haley was saying it as a gut check for the rest of his team. Like I said earlier Croyle will be out of the NFL in 3 years.

Oh god, I really shouldn't even get into this argument because your defending a former Alabama football player. But here we go

:rl: There goes any slight credibility you might have had . You obviously NO NOTHING of Croyle .

Wheres my lack of credibilty? Fact, he's awful. He has NEVER WON A GAME AS A STARTER. If I'm wrong, you may correct me.

Moving on. Fact, he's injure proned. Here's a fun fact, did you longest consecutive games streak of Croyle EVER is 3 in a row? Oh, and did I forget to mention in any of those starts he never won any of them? He's known in KC as "Brittle Croyle" because he can't shake injuries, and thats why he dropped into the 3rd round in 2006.

If Croyle doesn't have a noodle arm, then why is his longest completion as a pro merely 50 yards? Here's a video of it, its the pass to Mark Bradley against the Ravens. Guess what, the ball traveled a total of 30 yards and Bradley ran 20 YAC. The guy has a noodle arm, period. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091301/2009/REG1/chiefs@ravens/watch

He was drafted by Herm, and I recalled draft analysts in 2006 saying Herm LOVED Croyle as a prospect because he saw a heady, young QB that resembled Chad Pennington. Please if he's got such a rocket arm, send any videos of his throws as a Chief because I must be missing something. I don't wanna see videos of him in college having a spectacular arm because everybody looks like a hero in college with smaller balls and terrible CBs.

Brodie Croyle is garbage and will be out of the NFL in 3 years, and if he somehow ends up getting playing time, he'll be out even sooner because he's Chad Pennington reincarnated and can't stay healthy for anything.

Wheres my lack of credibilty? Fact, he's awful. He has NEVER WON A GAME AS A STARTER. If I'm wrong, you may correct me.

Moving on. Fact, he's injure proned. Here's a fun fact, did you longest consecutive games streak of Croyle EVER is 3 in a row? Oh, and did I forget to mention in any of those starts he never won any of them? He's known in KC as "Brittle Croyle" because he can't shake injuries, and thats why he dropped into the 3rd round in 2006.

If Croyle doesn't have a noodle arm, then why is his longest completion as a pro merely 50 yards? Here's a video of it, its the pass to Mark Bradley against the Ravens. Guess what, the ball traveled a total of 30 yards and Bradley ran 20 YAC. The guy has a noodle arm, period. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091301/2009/REG1/chiefs@ravens/watch

He was drafted by Herm, and I recalled draft analysts in 2006 saying Herm LOVED Croyle as a prospect because he saw a heady, young QB that resembled Chad Pennington. Please if he's got such a rocket arm, send any videos of his throws as a Chief because I must be missing something. I don't wanna see videos of him in college having a spectacular arm because everybody looks like a hero in college with smaller balls and terrible CBs.

Brodie Croyle is garbage and will be out of the NFL in 3 years, and if he somehow ends up getting playing time, he'll be out even sooner because he's Chad Pennington reincarnated and can't stay healthy for anything.

you have no cred....

Comparing croyle to Noodle is utter BS

Again Croyle is fragile and injury prone...no doubt

He does possess a very strong arm..skippy

Let the chefs play mama cass.....peeoli sh1t the bed

I can't believe any idiot would want Cassel over Cutler. But that's precisely what precipitated everything.

The came be said for Bledsoe and Brady a few years ago.

One, a QB with a pedigree, a cannon arm and a penchant for throwing picks.

The other, last week not withstanding in Cassell's case, a history of taken care of the ball. Plus, not being a tool.

If you choose to live by the gunslinnger, you will likely die by it as well.

The came be said for Bledsoe and Brady a few years ago.

One, a QB with a pedigree, a cannon arm and a penchant for throwing picks.

The other, last week not withstanding in Cassell's case, a history of taken care of the ball. Plus, not being a tool.

If you choose to live by the gunslinnger, you will likely die by it as well.

if joshie traded cutler for mama cass ...he would be canned already

it will be interesting to see how Peeoli flushes the turd

How much does orton make? compared to mama

Who knows? Orton is not as accurate as Cassell. You know what you have in Orton. A below average QB (in accuracy) who has a decent arm.

Cassell is accurate and has some mobility. Cassell has some upside. Whether it is a smoke screen or he can actually fulfill his promise is another matter.

If Croyle doesn't have a noodle arm, then why is his longest completion as a pro merely 50 yards?

That's hardly a reason. Seems that's about as long of a pass as Eli Manning (among others) had in his first 280 career attempts. Does he have a noodle arm?

You ought to know enough about Herm's "strategy" on offense to be unsurprised that the only player to be on the receiving end of a 60+ yard pass was Larry Johnson. And it wasn't because Johnson ran a 70-yard pattern (I actually remember the play).

Croyle's problem as an NFL passer - like the Jets' Kellen Clemens and his career long pass of 56 yards (on an underthrown ball no less) - has been that he's just sucked. But like Clemens, his problem is not and has never been his arm strength.

:yawn: You keep saying the same erroneous garbage over and over. Get a clue.

Archived