Jets To Face New Challenges In Week 3

Maxman

I hate to say it but I feel this is a "must win" game for the Oilers... errr Titans. They will be in a foul mood and are a lot better team than their record. Let's not forget that they were the top AFC team last year till we beat them down there. A solid defensive unit will test our scoring ability. Will the rookie lead offense be up to the challange ? ::GoJets:

My biggest concern for the Jets is an emotional letdown. Last week was huge heading into the game, and even bigger on the way out. The build up isn't there with this one, there's no twitter wars, nothing. I'm hearing some of the right things from players and coaches, but I'm not sensing the intensity. The Titans are going to come to play. They are desperate, and their urgency is going to be there.

I'm not concerned about physical matchups. I'm not buying that the Jets dee is strictly a pass dee. The difference for us as fans is that the Jets are finally getting after the passer and it's a big deal, but last year the Jets were the #7 team against the rush in the NFL - under Mangini and Bob Sutton! The only piece we're missing from that dee is Calvin Pace, but we've added Scott and Leonhard. I really think we'll be okay there - provided that their heads are completely in the game.

The Titans are also good against the run, and as much as the Jets want to talk about being a smashmouth team, they haven't been strong on the ground. But they are patient in the run game, and won't give up on it. The Titans can be passed on, though, and Mark Sanchez is going to need to have a lot more than 5 attempts in the first half this week.

It really all comes down to the Jets putting last week's Super Bowl behind them and coming to play.

The good news is that it is a team ready to fold. If we get a good lead on them, I don't see them slinging the rock all over the field to come back.

Let's HOPE they try to "sling the rock all over the field" on us. Kerry Collins would be like a sitting duck.

After what we do to Kerry this week, I think Vince Young will be starting week 4 for the Titans, one way or another, whether Collins is healthy or not.

Ppl seem to be overlooking one major weapon of the titans - chris johnson is an animal; he got almost 300 yards from scrimmage last week...

And Jeff Fisher is one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL for sure.

The "D" might have a problem with CJ as they have not faced an RB of that caliber before.

last year doesnt count???????????????????????????????????

I have to say the patriots gameplan was pure stupidity

they never trailed by more than 7 pts, and they attempted 47 passes :face: against a ferocious rush

the flaming thumbtacks will not be so dense

mike heimerdinger is a slave to balance, they will stick with the run all day long

I think as important as last week's game was for us to beat the Pats, this week is going to speak volumes to the kind of coach and motivator Rex Ryan really is. I'm expecting him to throw out some sexy run blitz packages to limit Johnson and let Collins beat us in the air, but I wanna see if there's any wind in his player's sails to have them play with the intensity we've seen the first weeks and make big time plays for 60 minutes.

I don't know why I'm feeling this, but I have a sneaky feeling Shonne Green is going to see his first pro action this week, some time in the 3rd quarter to throw a wrench in Tennessee's game planning. I'm not talking extensive playing, just 1-3 carries or sell a play action pass. Otherwise I'm sensing ALOT of WR screens to Stuckey, quick slants to Cotchery and Keller working down the seams to test out the secondary of the Titans.

Ppl seem to be overlooking one major weapon of the titans - chris johnson is an animal; he got almost 300 yards from scrimmage last week...

Actually, I have yet to see a Titans-related thread that did not have multiple mentions about the importance of stopping Chris Johnson.

He isn't sneaking up on anybody. Trouble is, KNOWING Johnson is going to run the ball and STOPPING him are two different things. That's why, even with Kerry Collins at QB, the Titan offense is still a bit scary.

I ahve to say I really like Chris Johnson, always have but I think he's being a little overrated after one very good game. (Just remember on his long TD catch, he was left wide open)

They do have a solid running game but I think the LBs and Safeties will be able to stop them. If we can slow down the run and force Tenn into a pass game we should win.

Archived