Bart Scott is the man

MarkSanchez09

Compares my boy Revis to Chris McAlister AND calls out Randy Moss...I love him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/8568/bart-scott-tells-randy-moss-to-man-up-next-time

Bart Scott tells Randy Moss to 'man up next time'

September 23, 2009 10:05 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

The AFC East's most delicious rivalry continues to percolate.

New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott doled out some serious praise for cornerback Darrelle Revis and offered some strong words to New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss for not giving credit when it's due.

Scott played with some devastating defenders in his seven seasons with the Baltimore Ravens, but said Revis is playing on par with any of his other teammates. Revis has given up a combined eight receptions for 59 yards to Houston Texans star Andre Johnson and Moss.

"I've been around tremendous talent, coming from Baltimore," Scott told SNY's "SportsNite" host Brian Custer. "He's on a run that I've only seen by one man before, and that's
Chris McAlister
, when he went through that run when he stopped
Torry Holt
, Randy Moss, [Terrell] Owens and all those guys."

Revis also had an interception on a long Tom Brady pass attempt to Moss.

After the game, Moss dismissed the notion Revis was a shutdown cornerback, claiming the third-year pro had safety help. Revis said he was alone on Moss.

"I hear the easy copout by Randy Moss, saying that anybody can guard ... that 'I can play cornerback if I had safety help,'" Scott said. "That was a one-on-one jump ball. I think sometimes you've just got to give the man his credit, understand that [Revis] was the better man that day.

"That doesn’t take from the fact that Randy Moss is a great receiver in this league. But give the kid his due. Next time it'll [be] another chance to go out and do it again so [Moss] can't say the same thing.

"[Revis] shut him down. He intimidated him. Randy was coming across that middle real slow. Tell him to man up next time and come across the middle like a man if he wants to be a complete receiver."

The Patriots' next opponent, the Atlanta Falcons, won't be sending Scott any thank-you cards.

Revis limited Johnson to four catches and 35 yards in the season opener. Johnson had 10 catches for 149 yards and two touchdowns Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

Moss had 12 catches for 141 yards in the season opener against the Buffalo Bills.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bart Scott is funny and his attitude is great...and shoot, he is one market savvy dude....but, child please! ;)

1) Randy Moss has never, ever ran a cross/middle route in his life 'till he got to New England.

2) Randy is supposed to be the deep threat - not Wes Welker (or Endleman).

3) Revis played Moss very well...better than any CB I have seen. That said, however, if Tommy was accurate - me thinks Moss would have had that deep ball Revis intercepted.

One thing to shoot off your mouth - and I completely appreciate it when it's backed-up - but it's another to be stupid. C'mon, Bart, you know better than to question Randy. He's a gazelle and you want him to be a hyena.

Its been discussed, but lost a lot of respect from Randy on this one. Scott is right, give the kid his due. Even Brady and BB gave credit where credit is due.

Revis shut Randy down, plain and simple. He was all over him and Brady couldnt just make a throw his way. He was constantly trying to the place the ball in a tight spot away from Revis cuz Revis was all over Randy.

Revis flat out dominated Moss.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bart Scott is funny and his attitude is great...and shoot, he is one market savvy dude....but, child please! ;)

1) Randy Moss has never, ever ran a cross/middle route in his life 'till he got to New England.

3) Revis played Moss very well...better than any CB I have seen. That said, however, if Tommy was accurate - me thinks Moss would have had that deep ball Revis intercepted.

One thing to shoot off your mouth - and I completely appreciate it when it's backed-up - but it's another to be stupid. C'mon, Bart, you know better than to question Randy. He's a gazelle and you want him to be a hyena.

IMO barty is fun to listen to and as long as you can back it up...

Moss was a turd ...his comments were brazenly childlike....he should have

just shut up..

So you are calling Bart stupid for sticking up for his teammate when Randy cried like a little bitch because Revis shut him down?

Patriots fans know no limit to their stupidity. I'm sorry Garb, but you are way off on this one. Moss and that offense were completely dominated and in large part do to the fact the Brady couldnt even look Moss's way because Revis blanketed him for the entire game.

This is weak on your part. Like Bart said, give credit where credit is due. Revis shut Randy Moss down. STFU, take it like man, you got dominated, dont come out after an embarassing loss talking ****. Moss is the one being stupid.

IMO barty is fun to listen to and as long as you can back it up...

Moss was a turd ...his comments were brazenly childlike....he should have

just shut up..

Interesting - when Randy makes such remarks he's a turd. When a Steeler, Jets, Colt or whomever makes the very same remark - it' cool.

The dude (Moss) has an ego the size of Manhattan - the only ego worse is Scott's. You people better get used to other people talking - regardless of the games outcome.

BTW - Revis is awesome, and I am not taking anything away from him. You all better enjoy him while you have him. Once he's an FA, he's gone.

One last thought about the Pats/Jest game. I'm wondering who was having the play calling melt-down on the Pat side? I mean, Fred Taylor was averaging 5.8 yards per carry against "the dominating Jets defense." :)

Interesting - when Randy makes such remarks he's a turd. When a Steeler, Jets, Colt or whomever makes the very same remark - it' cool.

The dude (Moss) has an ego the size of Manhattan - the only ego worse is Scott's. You people better get used to other people talking - regardless of the games outcome.

BTW - Revis is awesome, and I am not taking anything away from him. You all better enjoy him while you have him. Once he's an FA, he's gone.

Moss had his chance to star vs Revis...he sucked and gave a half

hearted effort..

if we lost Barty eats crow..

big difference

Randy Moss was double covered.

Belichick said the Ryan played a 2 - deep man coverage and a 1 deep man coverage. According to ESPN's Bob Davie, thats 2 deep Safeties, so Revis had a Safety over the top.

So? Fact remains, Moss was a non-factor.

Belichick said the Ryan played a 2 - deep man coverage and a 1 deep man coverage. According to ESPN's Bob Davie, thats 2 deep Safeties, so Revis had a Safety over the top.

? Having a 2 deep man coverage and a 1 deep man coverage is two deep safeties according to ESPN's Bob Davies? That makes no sense. 1 deep is 1 safety.

Having a deep safety does not equal double coverage. Even Moss isn't dumb enough to say that, but I don't think he said he was "double covered", just that Revis had safety help.

He's a Jet until after the 2012 season. I'm sure they'll be able to extend him if necessary. What key free agents have the Jets lost underTannenbaum? Eric Barton? Chris Baker?

Whats your point with this?

Revis was one on one all day. No matter what you retahds want to/hope to think. It was an embarrassing performance by Moss, to be quite honest.

The Jets played cover-1 for the first three quarters of the game, cover-2 for most of the fourth quarter, and cover-0 for all but one snap of the last possession. Revis really only had over-the-top help on one play, and even then it had zero impact because Revis had already picked the ball by the time the 'help' (thanks, Kerry) showed up.

Revis had help over the top for a lot of plays (Not every play) but there was never double coverage (I swear some people don't know the ****ing difference) and even on the deep pass did it look like Revis needed any help?

Well, he sure could have used a block after the pick, but as everybody but you knows Kerry only showed up to get in some face time anyway. Also, there's a difference between having safety help and having the safety shade in your direction for lack of anything else to do because everybody else's man went short.

? Having a 2 deep man coverage and a 1 deep man coverage is two deep safeties according to ESPN's Bob Davies? That makes no sense. 1 deep is 1 safety.

Having a deep safety does not equal double coverage. Even Moss isn't dumb enough to say that, but I don't think he said he was "double covered", just that Revis had safety help.

He's a Jet until after the 2012 season. I'm sure they'll be able to extend him if necessary. What key free agents have the Jets lost underTannenbaum? Eric Barton? Chris Baker?

I thought Revis signed a 5 year deal, or was it 6 with no tag? Something like that. You all have a lot of decisions to make in the future. It's not that easy....and say the Jets prove to be consistent contenders the next few years....teams will be picking and payin'. Trust me.

I thought Revis signed a 5 year deal, or was it 6 with no tag? Something like that. You all have a lot of decisions to make in the future. It's not that easy....and say the Jets prove to be consistent contenders the next few years....teams will be picking and payin'. Trust me.

he will be franchised for the next 5 years before they let him go

I thought Revis signed a 5 year deal, or was it 6 with no tag?

Six years, voidable to four under conditions which have already been satisfied, with team options to buy back the last two which will certainly be exercised. For all practical purposes it is and always has been a six-year deal.

Six years, voidable to four under conditions which have already been satisfied, with team options to buy back the last two which will certainly be exercised. For all practical purposes it is and always has been a six-year deal.

Exactly. With all the whining about Mike T and Revis' holdout, they locked him up pretty good if he turns out to be such a big deal. He'll make his cash and the Jets will be free to tag somebody else. If he wasn't so good, they could have let him walk without taking such a beating.

One last thought about the Pats/Jest game. I'm wondering who was having the play calling melt-down on the Pat side? I mean, Fred Taylor was averaging 5.8 yards per carry against "the dominating Jets defense." :)

If you can't beat 'em....

cry like a bitch about it.

Clearly Garb follows that methodology.

It's a 4 year deal based on incentives which the Jets can buy back years 5 & 6 at $5 million and $11 million.

By 2012, Tom Brady will be 35 yrs old with bad knees.

WTF do you care about Revis still being there then? Your Pats will have their own problems.

Anyone with half a brain saw that Revis dominated Moss in every aspect of the game. Watch the game again Patsies, how many plays did Moss get ANY space to make a catch? Almost none. Revis was on him the entire game and made him a non-factor. Saying anything otherwise is beyond stupid.

I love how Pats fans can't just admit they got beaten like a rented mule. The Jets shut the Patriots down, END OF STORY. This sayin' "Yeah the Jets won, and they deserved it BUT..." There is no but. The Jets won. That is it. They took the Patriots offense and rendered it useless. Admit it. Enough of this back handed compliment ****. The Jets spanked the Pats, just like they said they would. And you Pats fans can't stand that.

Get used to it.

The world is ending in 2012 so whatever! lol

You obviously don't understand coverages.

You obviously don't understand coverages.

First off, he's a patriots fan and the overwhelming majority of those fools know nothing about Football. Secondly, this is the same guy that claimed Wes Welker opened up a TD for Moss in the preseason when Welker was inactive.

Archived