Which Type of Jets Fan are you: Optimist or Pessimist?

Jetsfan80

Which type of Jets fan are you? (see first post for criteria)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which type of Jets fan are you? (see first post for criteria)

• Optimist
    • Pessimist

There's been a lot of discussion on the board about whether or not this week's Titans game will be a "let down game". With this poll, I'd like to determine what portion of this board is drinking the kool-aid and which is doom and gloom.

If you are unsure, I have provided the following criteria:

You are an Optimist if you believe most or all of the following:

The Jets are Super Bowl contenders this season. Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez have shown enough in the Jets hot start to get you to "buy in". Win or lose, this week will not be a "let down game". However, you don't believe the Jets will lose this week. In fact, it is not out of the question for the Jets to beat the Saints, too. Further, you are very confident of a Jets victory in their re-match with the Patriots in November. Since you believe the Jets can beat anyone they face, you expect the Jets to win a division title and make a deep playoff run this year; missing the playoffs should be considered a failure. After all, these are NOT the "same old Jets".

You are a Pessimist if you believe most or all of the following:

The Jets are not legitimate Super Bowl contenders this season. Ryan and Sanchez are both rookies, and their inexperience will inevitably show as the season goes on. The Jets are ripe for a "let down game" this week vs. Tennessee, and will probably lose both of their next two games. You also think the Jets will likely lose their re-match with the Patriots. Because of these losses and several other "surprise" defeats, you don't expect the Jets to achieve anything beyond a wild card berth and an early exit from the playoffs this year; missing the playoffs wouldn't be a surprise. After all, as a Jets fan, you are used to disappointment.

No sitting on the fence on this one. I will not heed complaints about having no "middle option".

1987 - 1996 - Pessimist

1997 - Optimist turned Pessimist

1998 - Pessimist turned Optimist

1999 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2000 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2001 - Pessimist turned Optimist

2002 - Pessimist turned Optimist

2003 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2004 - Pessimist turned Optimist

2005 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2006 - Pessimist turned Optimist turned Pessimist

2007 - Pessimist

2008 - Pessimist

2009 - Optimist!!!

:confused0085:

There's been a lot of discussion on the board about whether or not this week's Titans game will be a "let down game". With this poll, I'd like to determine what portion of this board is drinking the kool-aid and which is doom and gloom.

If you are unsure, I have provided the following criteria:

You are an Optimist if you believe most or all of the following:

The Jets are Super Bowl contenders this season. Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez have shown enough in the Jets hot start to get you to "buy in". Win or lose, this week will not be a "let down game". However, you don't believe the Jets will lose this week. In fact, it is not out of the question for the Jets to beat the Saints, too. Further, you are very confident of a Jets victory in their re-match with the Patriots in November. Since you believe the Jets can beat anyone they face, you expect the Jets to win a division title and make a deep playoff run this year; missing the playoffs should be considered a failure. After all, these are NOT the "same old Jets".

You are a Pessimist if you believe most or all of the following:

The Jets are not legitimate Super Bowl contenders this season. Ryan and Sanchez are both rookies, and their inexperience will inevitably show as the season goes on. The Jets are ripe for a "let down game" this week vs. Tennessee, and will probably lose both of their next two games. You also think the Jets will likely lose their re-match with the Patriots. Because of these losses and several other "surprise" defeats, you don't expect the Jets to achieve anything beyond a wild card berth and an early exit from the playoffs this year; missing the playoffs wouldn't be a surprise. After all, as a Jets fan, you are used to disappointment.

No sitting on the fence on this one. I will not heed complaints about having no "middle option".

first off, this was a well thought out thread IMO. I've always been the Optimist. I guess thats because I've realized that I root for the underdog.

I became a Jets fan in the 90's (Giants much more popular)

HUUUUUGE Reggie Miller/Pacers fan in the 90's (Knicks, Bulls, Rockets, Spurs...need I say more?) Not to mention that I live in the Bronx.

For some reason though the Jets were bad I did feel that many of the players gave their all. Thats just something that I can respect. I just gravitated to them for a reason that I cant explain. I cant even say that I have a favorite Jet player like a "Reggie Miller" for the Pacers. I just love the Jets with all my heart as a football team. I actually think that my first Jet love will actually be Rex Ryan....just by his character as a man. Reminds me of the love that I have for Jets football.

I am an extreme optimist, but for THIS season, I'm a realist.

Just because we've started out overwhelmingly great and it's great to watch this type of defense. Sometimes you just have to be level-headed and remember where we are...we have a rookie QB (regardless of how much I absolutely love him) he is still a rookie and there will be growing pains.

I am exceedingly optimistic for this FRANCHISE, because of the....SANCHIZE!!!

GO JETS!!!!

1987 - 1996 - Pessimist

1997 - Optimist turned Pessimist

1998 - Pessimist turned Optimist

1999 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2000 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2001 - Pessimist turned Optimist

2002 - Pessimist turned Optimist

2003 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2004 - Pessimist turned Optimist

2005 - Optimist turned Pessimist

2006 - Pessimist turned Optimist turned Pessimist

2007 - Pessimist

2008 - Pessimist

2009 - Optimist!!!

:confused0085:

LOL, what he said.

Optimist!!

I've suffered through many a Jet heartbreak, but what the hell is being a fan about if your just gonna sit and bitch about your team.

thats what fans are supposed to do... bitch and moan about their team and how they arent perfect.

im a pessimist, still dont think we'll be better than 8-8 or 9-7, but im still there every home game cheering my ass off for my Jets to win and im still going to be miserable when they lose.

I've vote optimist and I've proven than in my posts.

But the poll results thus far are total BULL SH!T.

There is no way there are more than double optimists than pessimists on this board (or any Jet fan board). They're voting optimist because the Jets are winning. If the Jets are losing there'll be people predicting the doom & gloom.

There is no way there are more than double optimists than pessimists on this board (or any Jet fan board). They're voting optimist because the Jets are winning. If the Jets are losing there'll be people predicting the doom & gloom.

Dude. We're 2-0. You've been around the block enough to know the way it works. If we lose 27-10 to TN and do this poll again the results will probably flip

There's no such thing as a Jet fan realist.

A Jet fan "realist" thinks he's being a realist by picking against the Jets.

That's a load of doody

The team hasn't won anything in 40 years. Expecting the worst with this team has a strong historical basis

IDK about that. I've never seen the Jets fan base flying this high...well, actually, I saw it last year when we were 8-3. And how long did that optimism last?

Dude. We're 2-0. You've been around the block enough to know the way it works. If we lose 27-10 to TN and do this poll again the results will probably flip

This.

Jets fans are nuts. Seriously. I've said this before and I'll say it again...we have the biggest knee jerk fan base on the planet. One week we are world beaters, the next, we are the worst in the league "same old jets". One year a guy is a sure fire HOF'er, the next year he is soft and should be cut.

If this team falls fat on its face, just watch how quick all this Rex Ryan masturbation turns...look no further then Mangina as an example.

IDK about that. I've never seen the Jets fan base flying this high...well, actually, I saw it last year when we were 8-3. And how long did that optimism last?

This.

Jets fans are nuts. Seriously. I've said this before and I'll say it again...we have the biggest knee jerk fan base on the planet. One week we are world beaters, the next, we are the worst in the league "same old jets". One year a guy is a sure fire HOF'er, the next year he is soft and should be cut.

If this team falls fat on its face, just watch how quick all this Rex Ryan masturbation turns...look no further then Mangina as an example.

i was saying same ol jets at the beginning of the game last week...

Archived