New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox - Yankee Stadium, Sept. 25-27 Thread

Bob

How in hell has no one posted this, yet?

Pitching Matchups and TV coverage:

Friday: LHP Jon Lester (14-7, 3.33) vs. RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-6, 4.73), 7:05, My9/TBS

Saturday: RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-5, 6.80) vs. LHP CC Sabathia (18-7, 3.31, 4:10 p.m. FOX

Sunday: RHP Paul Byrd (1-2, 6.04) vs. LHP Andy Pettitte (13-7, 4.15), 1:05, ESPN

I'm conceding the first game right now. Joba is a head case.

How in hell has no one posted this, yet?

Pitching Matchups and TV coverage:

Friday: LHP Jon Lester (14-7, 3.33) vs. RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-6, 4.73), 7:05, My9/TBS

Saturday: RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-5, 6.80) vs. LHP CC Sabathia (18-7, 3.31, 4:10 p.m. FOX

Sunday: RHP Paul Byrd (1-2, 6.04) vs. LHP Andy Pettitte (13-7, 4.15), 1:05, ESPN

I'm conceding the first game right now. Joba is a head case.

It's at the Stadium. Magic number is 5.

Hard to see Joba doing anything but screwing the pooch again. Lester is actually a year younger. The Joba Rules have been a complete failure. Yanks were so worried he'd turn into Kerry Wood or Mark Prior they turned him into a complete head case.

That Paul Byrd jsut isn't the same without the juice, a fact MLB just happened to release the day Byrd was to pitch vs. the Sawx in the 2007 ALCS. What a coincidence! Add in his 6+ ERA and think that is probably not a great player/management relationship.

The Joba Rules have totally screwed up Joba.

He wasn't pitching badly at all when the rules were reinstituted.

Now he is a freakin mess and of course once the playoffs start the Joba rules go out the window.

How many here have ANY confidence at all having Joba go out there and pitch in a crucial game 4, especially if the Yanks are down 2-1 in the series ?

Not I

The between Joba and "good A.J.", "bad A.J" and Pettitte's "tired arm" I wonder if the Yanks aren't whistling in graveyard right now.

The Joba Rules have totally screwed up Joba.

He wasn't pitching badly at all when the rules were reinstituted.

Now he is a freakin mess and of course once the playoffs start the Joba rules go out the window.

How many here have ANY confidence at all having Joba go out there and pitch in a crucial game 4, especially if the Yanks are down 2-1 in the series ?

Not I

The between Joba and "good A.J.", "bad A.J" and Pettitte's "tired arm" I wonder if the Yanks aren't whistling in graveyard right now.

Yup.

Thanks for that.

Tonight's lineups.

YANKEES (97-56)

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Matsui DH

Posada C

Cano 2B

Swisher RF

Cabrera CF

Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-6, 4.73).

RED SOX (91-61)

Ellsbury CF

Pedroia 2B

Martinez 1B

Youkilis 3B

Ortiz DH

Bay LF

Drew RF

Varitek C

Gonzalez SS

Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (14-7, 3.33).

Looking at Tex's numbers I don't see the big deal about Mauer's average. What other numbers does mauer have over Tex?

Better OPS. Less games played too because he was out early. I think the same reason Pedroia won it last year will factor into voting this season as far as position value. Not many catchers put up numbers like Mauer has. Be a close vote though.

It is just speculation but hopefully for the Sox it is just a bad bruise. He is a fighter though, so if there is anyway he can pitch he will. Didn't have his best stuff tonight but he has been so good lately losing him would hurt the Sox big time.

Hopefully Lester is fine. That'd be a huge blow to the Sox chances in October. It'd be tough to lose one of the best pitchers in the league.

I winced when that ball hit him on the knee. Hope he's okay. However, if he is injured the Red Sox season is over.

I winced when that ball hit him on the knee. Hope he's okay. However, if he is injured the Red Sox season is over.

Same here. I'd hate to see him be out the rest of the season. You never want to see that. I wasn't even that happy when Brady had his noodle knee incident - at first.

It's not October yet.

They might not remember wjat October baseball is. Just kidding.

They are easily confused. :rolleyes:

Bookmarking this for future use.

Anyone who watches this Yankee team and tells me they are not the favorites to win the World Series is lying.

Archived