Newbies view on the Jets this season.

London Jet

Please excuse the lack of knowledge. I am based in the UK, London to be precise. I have followed the jets since about 1990. Here is my take.

Houston - I can't afford to pay to watch the games but managed to find a houston based radio station on the interenet and watched the NFL.com drive by drive chart. It was excellent listening to the commentators panic at the way we controlled the game. They kept requoting stats re their running game and Andre Johnson being shut down. Also they were marveling at the number of third down conversions we made.

Pats - could not get a radio station at all. watched drive chart. got very worried when we did not seem to be able to pass in the first half. Start of second half I thought there was something wrong with the website, Sanchez to Cotchery 45 yds I think, then TD Keller. consecutive delay of game penalties, how in the hell did the fans/Team manage to rattle brady that mutch, fantastic

Titans - Its live on TV over here on Sunday night, Cant wait. We need to stop the run and establish our own running game early.

Oh I think 10-6 is defo on but i think 12-4 will be the outcome. (barring injuries of course)

Sorry about the long post, by the way does any one out there know of a radio station I can listen to on the internet from the UK that will have live broadcasts, I tried listening to a local NY station last sunday but it was broadcasting material from earlier in the day.

Looking forward to hearing the fans rattle the titans on sunday

Please excuse the lack of knowledge. I am based in the UK, London to be precise. I have followed the jets since about 1990. Here is my take.

Houston - I can't afford to pay to watch the games but managed to find a houston based radio station on the interenet and watched the NFL.com drive by drive chart. It was excellent listening to the commentators panic at the way we controlled the game. They kept requoting stats re their running game and Andre Johnson being shut down. Also they were marveling at the number of third down conversions we made.

Pats - could not get a radio station at all. watched drive chart. got very worried when we did not seem to be able to pass in the first half. Start of second half I thought there was something wrong with the website, Sanchez to Cotchery 45 yds I think, then TD Keller. consecutive delay of game penalties, how in the hell did the fans/Team manage to rattle brady that mutch, fantastic

Titans - Its live on TV over here on Sunday night, Cant wait. We need to stop the run and establish our own running game early.

Oh I think 10-6 is defo on but i think 12-4 will be the outcome. (barring injuries of course)

Sorry about the long post, by the way does any one out there know of a radio station I can listen to on the internet from the UK that will have live broadcasts, I tried listening to a local NY station last sunday but it was broadcasting material from earlier in the day.

hello.

welcome.

and probably your best way to get games is thru sopcast or p2p's like them.. i dont think the NY radio internet feeds have the games anymore...

hello.

welcome.

and probably your best way to get games is thru sopcast or p2p's like them.. i dont think the NY radio internet feeds have the games anymore...

Sopcast and p2p I am a bit technologically challenged im afraid, do you know of a website that i can download what i need, thanks by the way

Isn't NFL.com replaying all broadcasts this year at 12?

Or is that just for the blacked out games??

I know it's not live but still to get to watch the whole game.

There are no Jet bars out there I'm assuming?

Hi NYJET prime No no bars that show Jets only the best there is are bars in central london that have superbowl partys, but two channels over here always show the superbowl.

One channell here shows two sunday games of their choice and this week its Jets-titans

Are you near here?? This is from the Jet site:

Leeds 41 The Paddock East Keswick Leeds

Leeds

Alabama

United Kingdom

Only jets fan in leeds university

No about 300 miles away. Leeds is in the north and London is in the south.

Are there any Jets fans in the East London(UK) are out there

Sopcast and p2p I am a bit technologically challenged im afraid, do you know of a website that i can download what i need, thanks by the way

Im not great either, but I started here:

http://www.myp2p.eu/

and went to the forum... it helped me figure out which programs to install, how to use their links... and the forums...

hopefully someone else is better than me and can explain it better...

Welcome!! Howd you find JetNation?

Jaspegs

I found Jet Nation about 3 years ago and have followed it avidly since, but I had not had the time to post as I have three kids under 5 years old, but the oldest two (twins aged 4 and a bit) have started big school and are sleeping earlier.

I am going to try to post more often because I have a feeling that we have something in Sanchez.

I feel your pain in regards to the coverage man. Sky took some disgraceful steps back this year offering less games on Sunday and no MNF. It's unbelievable, but I do like you, look forward to Sunday. Be warned though - The Jets absolutely suck balls when Sky show them for some ****ing reason, seriously it's scary how bad their record is in televised games over here.

I bought NFL Gamepass HD and what a ****ing waste of money it was. Fair enough it's refunded the first two weeks because of the absolutely awful service but still I'm seriously concerned with it going forward. When it worked last year it was great but it's been so bad this year that my advice would be to stay away.

I'll probably be watching games on Sopcast if the troubles with Gamepass continue - here's a good site that should provide some streams:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/

I'll probably post them here anyways if I'm using them. Good luck.

Now just don't tell me you're a Chelsea fan.

Jaspegs

I found Jet Nation about 3 years ago and have followed it avidly since, but I had not had the time to post as I have three kids under 5 years old, but the oldest two (twins aged 4 and a bit) have started big school and are sleeping earlier.

I am going to try to post more often because I have a feeling that we have something in Sanchez.

fair weather fan.

:D

Thanks lil bit special, I will give it a look next week as I will have this weeks game anyway.

i would suggest that you try and figure it out this week since you're already getting the game... try and get it setup using another game and doing a test run.

this way you wont be screwing around the week after trying to get it all to work.

Irish Jet, thanks a million (my lot are Maigh Eo) NO i am not a chavski fan but unfortuneatly I am a liverpool fan, I think your UTD, am i right? (most of my uncles are UTD).

Thanks for the advice, are you based in the states? If not any idea about radio broadcasts. I would prefer NY based but it was fun listen to a housten based two weeks ago, they were in fits.

Irish Jet, thanks a million (my lot are Maigh Eo) NO i am not a chavski fan but unfortuneatly I am a liverpool fan, I think your UTD, am i right? (most of my uncles are UTD).

Thanks for the advice, are you based in the states? If not any idea about radio broadcasts. I would prefer NY based but it was fun listen to a housten based two weeks ago, they were in fits.

No, I live in Co. Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. So I get all the UK coverage, I'm in the same situation as yourself.

There's always stuff out there even if the quality is pretty awful, LBS made a good point about trying a test run this week maybe after the Jets game.

Liverpool fan? Oh Jesus.

:winking0001:

Quality lil bit special.

are you UK based or does the fair weather fan translate in the US.

Just to reassure you I do remember 1-15 and it was at the time that my mates(proper fair weather fans) all decided they would follow the 49ers, bears, cowboys after watching one London Monarchs (old world league) game at Wembley.

I used to host superbowl parties at my home and one of my mates lost his job because the game finished at 4am here and he was supposed to start work at 6am 20 beers down.

Quality lil bit special.

are you UK based or does the fair weather fan translate in the US.

Just to reassure you I do remember 1-15 and it was at the time that my mates(proper fair weather fans) all decided they would follow the 49ers, bears, cowboys after watching one London Monarchs (old world league) game at Wembley.

I used to host superbowl parties at my home and one of my mates lost his job because the game finished at 4am here and he was supposed to start work at 6am 20 beers down.

Im in New England... not smelly Old England like you. :D

Im just f#cking around with ya.... i dont care if someone is new or not, any Jet fan is good in my book. I just like to joke around...

Funniest thing Irish Jet

I was on a train two months age and this young kid (liverpool fan) was trying to explain the football rivalries to his girlfriend. He thought that Chelsea were our biggest rivals, I had tell explain it to him, he did not understand.

I told him straight UTD built through a youth system, proper global marketing and a proper stadium. and off couse the history, then he got it.

I like this guy....

Vote him for new Mod?

Anyone....he's gotta have some new ideas to present...and I won't mind the additional Football (soccer) talk around here either

with all of our international fans we have now, maybe we should have an international mod who can translate all their funny words like fag and tube and chunnel.

lil Bit Ha Ha

I love it. Where about in NE My dad has a cousin in Holyoke near springfield (i think).

Englidh accent yes, London thats not Dick van Dyke (Mary Poppins) by the way more like Bricktop in Snatch.

I currently live in Waltham Mass... just west of Boston. I know Holyoke and Springfield well... went to University of Massachusetts Amherst and lived about an hour north of Holyoke for 3 years so I had to go through Springfield and Holyoke many times...

And I was using a Ricky Gervais voice... is that ok?

Ricky Gervais - quality

Amhurst - rings a bell with me. I just spent a weekend in New York (first in 5 years) and my friends cousin i think went there,not sure, (Kevin Cardozo) he is in new york now doing a degree for a year at colombia (i think) we stayed on broadway and 145th i think.

Archived