Tampering Worse than Spygate

Pyper

I thought this should be read by all NFL fans. Right or wrong, "cheating" in one form or another is and has been part of the NFL culture for a very long time. Tampering is nothing new but tampering with other teams draft choices elevates it to a completely different level. You could essentially make it impossible for your rivals to ever sign any of their picks. This sort of thing, like spygate, needs to be nipped in the but. Hopefully this situation wont be blown completely out of proportion though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao57laM0FQ_qNOy6F9kF7nJDubYF?slug=cr-jetsninerstampering092409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought this should be read by all NFL fans. Right or wrong, "cheating" in one form or another is and has been part of the NFL culture for a very long time. Tampering is nothing new but tampering with other teams draft choices elevates it to a completely different level. You could essentially make it impossible for your rivals to ever sign any of their picks. This sort of thing, like spygate, needs to be nipped in the but. Hopefully this situation wont be blown completely out of proportion though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao57laM0FQ_qNOy6F9kF7nJDubYF?slug=cr-jetsninerstampering092409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Great! Another conspiracy theorist.

Oh go blow it out your ass . This "tampering" BS is just a ploy by his POS agent. Like a draftee would sit out a whole year based on another teams BS. :roll: Wise up Sarah.

Stop it...seriously. Its one thing to cheat your way to 3 Championships and its another to have a Rookie's free agent try to get as much money for his client as possible. If the 9ers put up then this wouldnt be a factor. Belly and Brady cheated not just specific teams but the entire NFL and its playing structure was severely comprimised.

But yeah, talk about Vick and Plax some more.....

Your concern for the integrity of the sport is touching, but there is a little difference here. The Patriots were caught and even admitted their guilt. The Crabtree situation is merely an acusation that the Jets have denied.

Try to curb your enthusiam until there are some facts.

Whatever remember when Groh was going to draft Payton Manning but at the zero hour he decides to stay with the Vols for his senior year only to be drafted by the Dolts the next year? Nobody has ever tampered with our guy before right. Come on. Dale Earnhardt often said if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. Amen and pass the pork chops.

what the chowds don't realize is everytime they try to clean their hands of the spygate mess by trying to compare somebody elses sins (alleged sins in this case) they reveal just how much it bothers them that nobody outside of boston takes the pats* records seriously (well jim nantz does but he gets paid to)

I always had to laugh when this story broke and they would claim it didn't bother them

you'd have to be inhuman for it not to bother you

remember the charlie casserly accusations about belicheat sending guys in to the opponents locker room after half time to have a look at the white boards ?

and then there is the mysterious extra fequency they had. what was that for ?

then there's the old "ratsboro whammy", opponents QB's headsets would go dead during crucial drives

so the thing is chowds, it wasn't just a camera, it was a system of cheating the sports world has never seen before

so go stick it in your ass with this tampering stuff

click here chowds

Tampering charge is about Crabtree, not Jets

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

You can view the 49ers' tampering charge against the Jets as more a message to Michael Crabtree than an appeal to get a draft choice.

The idea was to let Crabtree know that his earning potential in next year's draft is hard to gauge and any conversations about the 2010 draft with another team will be viewed as tampering. Proving a charge against the Jets will be tough, particularly knowing their current record is 2-0. If the Jets make the playoffs, the highest they could pick in next year's draft is No. 21, because starting in 2010, playoff teams will drop to the final 12 picks in the draft. Crabtree wouldn't want to go back into the draft to be taken 21st when he's not happy with money being offered to him as the 10th pick this year.

Oh go blow it out your ass . This "tampering" BS is just a ploy by his POS agent. Like a draftee would sit out a whole year based on another teams BS. :roll: Wise up Sarah.

exactly. when u get agents trying to get the best deal for their client they will say anything. this is a non issue. not even near taping another teams practices.

Wait just a damn minute here!!!! I can say ass but I can't say he ****ed back his arm? Jeeze Louise!

PS The patriots suck, nobody ever cared about them until the media made them into a cult of personality in the late nineties. There is life before the tuck rule and then life after it. that is all.

It will never be proven that the Jets tampered unless there are emails, voice mails or something tangible as evidence. And, good tampering teams (like the Jets) would never leave a trail of evidence leading back to Florham Park, NJ.

Who invited Bean Chowder to the party?

Your concern for the integrity of the sport is touching, but there is a little difference here. The Patriots were caught and even admitted their guilt. The Crabtree situation is merely an acusation that the Jets have denied.

Try to curb your enthusiam until there are some facts.

Why should he ? It's never stopped him before Den. :biggrin:

If the 9ers put up then this wouldnt be a factor.

No. The 9ers have done all that they should do to get Crabtree signed. Crabtree and his agent are trying to blow up the slotting system in place by getting him paid more than DHB. Too bad for him, but the Raiders picked 7th and they liked DHB better than Crabtree. Go cry in your milk. The 9ers have already offered the largest raise (non-QB) over any first round selection from last year. They should not pay Crabtree more at #10 than the Raiders paid at #7. That's not how it works. Parker's taken a very wrong-headed path here, and his client is suffering.

And while generally I'm all for the Jets tampering as much or more than every other team in the league, I wouldn't touch Crabtree or his agent. This is an ugly precedent that they're trying to set, and the Jets would be fools to be the ones who help them get it done.

Face it, the Jets are known for tampering.

They got caught courting NE HC Parcells because he was brazen enough to call the Jets headquarters from the NEP hotel at the Super Bowl.

And I'm sure there was never any contact between BB and New England before BB quit as HC of the Jets. And lets not forget the Pats tampering with Moss when he was a Raider. What was your point again?

Note:

Patriots were CONVICTED of SpyGate.

The Jets were ACCUSED of tampering.

Get a clue.

They got caught courting NE HC Parcells because he was brazen enough to call the Jets headquarters from the NEP hotel at the Super Bowl.

And so were the Pats you assclown. LOL.

The Pats had to send the Jets a 1st rounder + because they tampered with Belichick.

LOL.

I've come to the conclusion that Spyate really, really bothers Pats fans. Otherwise they wouldn't try to minimize it every chance they get.

+1

It really does bother the Chowds.

It sullies their championship run and the one time they didn't cheat in the SB they got their asses handed to them by the Giants.

Lord, you're pathetic.

And so were the Pats you assclown. LOL.

The Pats had to send the Jets a 1st rounder + because they tampered with Belichick.

LOL.

They were ACCUSED of tampering by JetNation. :rolleyes:

For the record, they gave the first because he was under 'contract'. Kraft asked for permission to talk to Belichick. Par$ells resigns. Belichick becomes HC of the NYJ and subsequently resigns. The first was because at the very least, the Jets owned Beli's rights.

I've come to the conclusion that Spyate really, really bothers Pats fans. Otherwise they wouldn't try to minimize it every chance they get.

Nope.

Like it or not, other players and coaches said they did the same exact thing.

The only difference the Patriots got caught. They paid the price. End of story.

Just like with the tampering. That guy in the yahoo article said he did it a few times in his 20 year NFL career. Maybe the Jets need to learn to do it on the downlow seeing this is their third accusation, but in the end it is no big deal to me. I am sure all teams communicate to other team FAs via agent or some other method.

:rl:

You're such a desperate clown. Where did Kraft meet Belichick to offer him a job? It was the men's room at a Howard Johnson's right?

They were ACCUSED of tampering by JetNation. :rolleyes:

For the record, they gave the first because he was under 'contract'. Kraft asked for permission to talk to Belichick. Par$ells resigns. Belichick becomes HC of the NYJ and subsequently resigns. The first was because at the very least, the Jets owned Beli's rights.

Nope.

Like it or not, other players and coaches said they did the same exact thing.

The only difference the Patriots got caught. They paid the price. End of story.

Just like with the tampering. That guy in the yahoo article said he did it a few times in his 20 year NFL career. Maybe the Jets need to learn to do it on the downlow seeing this is their third accusation, but in the end it is no big deal to me. I am sure all teams communicate to other team FAs via agent or some other method.

Link? I don't remember that. I remember players and coaches telling more stories about the Pats cheating.

Link? I don't remember that. I remember players and coaches telling more stories about the Pats cheating.

Jet Nation has a 'Search' function.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/search.php

Use term Spygate.

Jimmy Johnson said he did it. Vermiel said that it has been going for years although he saw no benefit from it. Ditka said George Allen did it.

Jet Nation has a 'Search' function.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/search.php

Use term Spygate.

Jimmy Johnson said he did it. Vermiel said that it has been going for years although he saw no benefit from it. Ditka said George Allen did it.

Jimmy Johnson said he did it because Belichick is his fishing buddy and he wanted to defend his worthless POS friend.

Vermiel will say anything to get on television these days and George Allen couldn't have done it because video cameras didn't exist when he was coaching. :Nuts:

Jimmy Johnson said he did it because Belichick is his fishing buffy he wanted to defend his worthless POS friend.

Vermiel will say anything to get on television these days and George Allen couldn't have done it because video cameras didn't exist when he was coaching. :Nuts:

What does this mean? :jawdrop:

Archived