I hate my job

Arsis

Anyong know where someone with a b.a. in psych can get a decent job making around 30k a year(or more) that does not involve homosexual sex acts? If not does anyone know where I would go to get a job that does involve said deviant sexual activity.

"Anyong?" If you're throwing this type of spelling out on your resumes, I wouldn't have great expectations.

"Anyong?" If you're throwing this type of spelling out on your resumes, I wouldn't have great expectations.

I would think the whole quality control\spell check process is slightly different on a resume as opposed to a message board.

As long as I don't type up my resume on my phone at 1am I think ill be good. Mick, priesthood? I don't get that joke. I would make a terrible priest. I'm not a fan of little boys.

As long as I don't type up my resume on my phone at 1am I think ill be good. Mick, priesthood? I don't get that joke. I would make a terrible priest. I'm not a fan of little boys.

become a minister instead

a local one here..married a trophy wife who is always poolside im skimpy

bikini...

drives a mercedes life is good

Anyong know where someone with a b.a. in psych can get a decent job making around 30k a year(or more) that does not involve homosexual sex acts? If not does anyone know where I would go to get a job that does involve said deviant sexual activity.

Weren't you looking to join the NYPD at one time ?

Weren't you looking to join the NYPD at one time ?

I was in the NYPD like 2 years ago. I have no idea how G.O.B. does it. It's the worst job in the world. Everyone hates you and you get paid and treated like ****. I now know why so many cops off themselves.

I was in the NYPD like 2 years ago. I have no idea how G.O.B. does it. It's the worst job in the world. Everyone hates you and you get paid and treated like ****. I now know why so many cops off themselves.

Sorry to hear that Arsis. I guess it's not for everyone. G.O.B. can do it because he's on a power trip. That's also why he's a mod here. :biggrin: j/k

I thought It was the other way around.

Sorry to hear that Arsis. I guess it's not for everyone. G.O.B. can do it because he's on a power trip. That's also why he's a mod here. :biggrin: j/k

Two years later the people I was in the academy with are still in Impact. ****ing sad ****. Working 8-4am in the ****ing projects for two years. Not my idea of a good time.

family/teen/student counseling?? Just a thought..

High School Guidance counsleor??

family/teen/student counseling?? Just a thought..

High School Guidance counsleor??

He'll need an advanced degree.

I always thought that being a hs guidance counselor at a toney suburb was a great job. Get paid well enough (look at the towns tax rate and that will give you clue) to listen to little johnny and suzie cry that their "safety" schools aren't good enough. Yah, okay, occasionally you get the anorexic, the drug addict and the pregnant girl.....but the "toney" suburban schools send those kids away to specialized programs.

You can get a position in customer service or something administratively at a ton of brokerage houses, or research positions at information companies. Really all you need is a BA or BS in anything for something of the sort. You'll probably start between 30 and 40k, good benefits, and flexibility to move up if you really get it together. Problem is you're going to really have to put the time in to find companies in these categories that are actually hiring right now.

Just a heads up though, it's not the most fulfilling work, but it's a paycheck.

He'll need an advanced degree.

I always thought that being a hs guidance counselor at a toney suburb was a great job. Get paid well enough (look at the towns tax rate and that will give you clue) to listen to little johnny and suzie cry that their "safety" schools aren't good enough. Yah, okay, occasionally you get the anorexic, the drug addict and the pregnant girl.....but the "toney" suburban schools send those kids away to specialized programs.

Thats funny. We got a school here where they send all the pregnant high school girls, and male students with authority issues.

I know. I'm applying for master's programs now. Not gonna help me much now though.

Why would you go masters? I'm assuming you'd go masters in Counseling or MSW? You know general psych masters are worthless... Those are 2-3 year programs and will run you about 40K per...

Seriously, you have the experience to get a Ph.D in Counseling if not Clinical. Get some research on your resume ASAP and I'd think you'd probably get in somewhere. You'll make 20-25K and leave with a degree that'll put you in a better spot.

Why would you go masters? I'm assuming you'd go masters in Counseling or MSW? You know general psych masters are worthless... Those are 2-3 year programs and will run you about 40K per...

Seriously, you have the experience to get a Ph.D in Counseling if not Clinical. Get some research on your resume ASAP and I'd think you'd probably get in somewhere. You'll make 20-25K and leave with a degree that'll put you in a better spot.

You think I could skip the masters and get into a Ph.D program with 2 years of counseling experience? How would I go about getting research on my resume?

Archived