Week 3 Report Card

lawngnome o-line

Good job. http://www.jetnation.com/?p=3014

I agree about Revis. He looked human today but the bar is set really high. He is all alone, man on man and they complete a 12 yarder his way and somehow that is shocking. He is amazing.

Really happy for David Harris. He may not be nationally known but that is going to change soon.

I agree with most. Feely's out of bounds kickoff wasn't the only negative special teams play. What about Weatherford's 23 yard punt? It was the key moment of the game and they had a punt returner we actually wanted to try to catch the punt.

I could be wrong and I didn't check but I thought he shortest punt went 32 yards. Still not great though.

Revis played great today. Did you see how great his coverage was on those... what... two, three passes he gave up? He was literally centimeters away from batting those down. Collins was throwing lazers and those wideouts were making some great catches.

Revis played great today. Did you see how great his coverage was on those... what... two, three passes he gave up? He was literally centimeters away from batting those down. Collins was throwing lazers and those wideouts were making some great catches.

Revis is amazing. Collins did throw a few incredible passes. It just goes to show how high the bar is set with Revis. We say he looks human and it means the other team caught a few passes. Not that he got burned or anything.

He is crazy good.

I agree with most. Feely's out of bounds kickoff wasn't the only negative special teams play. What about Weatherford's 23 yard punt? It was the key moment of the game and they had a punt returner we actually wanted to try to catch the punt.

Great points. I also want to mention that Derelle Revis looked human on the field because the defensive playcalling didnt compliment him. If we leave a any professional football player time in the pocket to let routes to fully develop and for him to set his feet and throw accurate passes time and time again, I wouldnt say that it was Revis looking mortal, I would say that we stopped applying the pressure that allowed us to be successful the way we have. I can tell you this though, I think that Rex understood that the Texans would be ready for some high blitzing so I think he changed it up to start but stayed away from it for too long. We let them in this game and if it wasnt for our Special Teams mostly we would have shot ourselves in the foot and would be 2-1.

Thomas Jones needs to bang in the middle. When is he going to learn that he cannot make it to the edges before the defense. Im getting tired of seeing this dude run sideline to sideline. Put your shoulder down and let the defense know that they will pay for clogging holes.

I could be wrong and I didn't check but I thought he shortest punt went 32 yards. Still not great though.

The last punt was 23 yards. I just double checked and I clearly remember that fat sack of crap Dierdorf saying 23. Harris picked it off at the Jets 44, the Jets had the big run negated by the holding and went 3 and out. Weatherford kicked from the Jets 43 and they took over on the Titans 34. That was with the roll. You knew the guy wasn't going to go near it so he just had to hit a roller. In his defense I think he just got it off quick to avoid any chance of a block.

They were dropping plenty too. Nate Washington should have had another catch or two on Revis. Obviously this is a continuing problem for the Titans. They dropped a ton against us last season.

Good job. http://www.jetnation.com/?p=3014

I agree about Revis. He looked human today but the bar is set really high. He is all alone, man on man and they complete a 12 yarder his way and somehow that is shocking. He is amazing.

Really happy for David Harris. He may not be nationally known but that is going to change soon.

Collins made some incredible passes early in the game, accuracy-wise. We probably should have had more pressure on him early, but this Titan defense is really very good. Maybe they cannot deal with an Andre Johnson, but they stuff the run and get after the QB really well. I think the Jets performed fairly well with a rookie QB going for them.

Archived