Pace, Sheppard, Strickland

hoping4ASuperBowl

Every time they had a good field position, we seemed to let them creep down the field. We were dropping back quite a bit and their WR's were getting open in our zones. We defended the run well, but you could tell we missed Stricklands open field tackling on a couple of those edge runs for C.J.

Pace's return it really going to be epic. Teams are going to have a really hard time running on us today.

Kris Jenkins played outstanding today. Toward the end of the game, he was abusing Mawae. Very impressed with the way we spell him and keep him fresh without too much of a drop off.

Man we play a lot of guys too. Its like different numbers are constantly on the field.

That's great though. Especially for players like Jenkins, who need the rest. And it gives everyone a chance to really step up.

Oh no, its awesome!!!

There was a guy at the bar today asking me about Pace as a fantasy player when he returns. I told him I really didnt know, we play such a team defense and its seems Rex uses our OLB in more of a contain fashion to let our ILB and CB come in make plays, that he might not put up numbers he did last season.

That said, he will be a beast in the run game because if Gholston is doing his job and occupying blockers and making lanes for Harris and Scott, then I cant imagine how much more efficient those two will be with Pace on the edge.

pace is needed badly.

the titans had success today running the ball right at gholston. what are the chances gholston is even on the team next year?

We can only hope and pray.

Even though I don't want to watch him, I always find myself looking at how bad he sucks. It just kills me that we wasted such a high pick on him.

pace is needed badly.

the titans had success today running the ball right at gholston. what are the chances gholston is even on the team next year?[/QUOTE]

According to nyjetscap.com

Cap savings if Gholston is cut in 2010. -$ 10 740 000

Cap savings if Gholston is cut in 2011. -$ 7 170 000

:bag:

pace is needed badly.

the titans had success today running the ball right at gholston. what are the chances gholston is even on the team next year?

What are you talking about? I seriously dont know what people are watching to be dissing Gholston. He is playing really well and today was his best game.

He was pushing guys around, he was all over the field, he played DE in both sets, ILB, and OLB today. He was working hard on every play not giving up and occupying blockers, he had a couple of QB rushes today, one where he completely manhandled the OT. He doing what he needs to do for others to make plays. Thats his role 90% of the time.

This kind of talk is crazy. He role is to contain and occupy blockers so that our ILB and CB can make plays. Thats what this D is all about.

And the bottom line is, you are asking if he is going to be on the team next year, meanwhile, Rex Ryan is playing him on the most crucial downs of the game. If VG was so bad, why the **** would Rex be playing him with the game on the line and why the **** is this D so nasty?

I dont usually say this but if you think VG played bad today, you have no clue what you are watching.

What are you talking about? I seriously dont know what people are watching to be dissing Gholston. He is playing really well and today was his best game.

He was pushing guys around, he was all over the field, he played DE in both sets, ILB, and OLB today. He was working hard on every play not giving up and occupying blockers, he had a couple of QB rushes today, one where he completely manhandled the OT. He doing what he needs to do for others to make plays. Thats his role 90% of the time.

This kind of talk is crazy. He role is to contain and occupy blockers so that our ILB and CB can make plays. Thats what this D is all about.

And the bottom line is, you are asking if he is going to be on the team next year, meanwhile, Rex Ryan is playing him on the most crucial downs of the game. If VG was so bad, why the **** would Rex be playing him with the game on the line and why the **** is this D so nasty?

I dont usually say this but if you think VG played bad today, you have no clue what you are watching.

I love when people defend him by saying that he is doing his job by eating up blockers.

Yeah like all OLB in the 3-4 are used to free up other people. Are you kidding me? Go watch the Steelers and tell me how many blockers J. Harrison is taking up. For that matter watch in week 5 when Gholston is on the bench for good, see how many blocks that Pace is eating up.

Shed the block and attack, thats his job and he isn't doing it.

I love when people defend him by saying that he is doing his job by eating up blockers.

Yeah like all OLB in the 3-4 are used to free up other people. Are you kidding me? Go watch the Steelers and tell me how many blockers J. Harrison is taking up. For that matter watch in week 5 when Gholston is on the bench for good, see how many blocks that Pace is eating up.

Shed the block and attack, thats his job and he isn't doing it.

You're wrong. How many tackles did Ellis have today? How bout Thomas? Jenkins, Douglas?

The kid played very well today. I'm not saying his going to Hawaii, but he is playing well. Once again, if he sucks so bad, then why does Rex Ryan trust him with the game on the line? When this D started to turn it around in the 2nd half, Gholston played almost every snap.

Please explain to me how you know more about what players should be doing in Rex Ryan's system. Because I got a feeling if VG wasnt doing his job, he wouldnt be in the game...especially when we are protecting a TD lead in the 4th.

Thank you.

I think he played fairly well today. Nothing to get excited about, but certainly not bad. He put some pressure on a couple of times. Without a doubt he's playing at a much faster speed these days.

You're wrong. How many tackles did Ellis have today? How bout Thomas? Jenkins, Douglas?

The kid played very well today. I'm not saying his going to Hawaii, but he is playing well. Once again, if he sucks so bad, then why does Rex Ryan trust him with the game on the line? When this D started to turn it around in the 2nd half, Gholston played almost every snap.

Please explain to me how you know more about what players should be doing in Rex Ryan's system. Because I got a feeling if VG wasnt doing his job, he wouldnt be in the game...especially when we are protecting a TD lead in the 4th.

i don't want to burst your bubble but most of johnson's successful runs today were right at gholston. he continually gave up contain on the corner and the jets made the tackle 10-15 yards downfield.

the ONLY play he looked good on was the harris int where he was still a step away from collins but at least was game with the pass rush.

i defended gholston for 19 games and i can now say without a doubt that he just isn't a good NFL football player. he could get by in college but at the nfl he just can't get off blocks and what has been really surprising is he doesn't seem to have any speed around the corner when rushing the passer. trust me you will notice the difference when pace comes back.

Thank you.

I think he played fairly well today. Nothing to get excited about, but certainly not bad. He put some pressure on a couple of times. Without a doubt he's playing at a much faster speed these days.

I'm not say he is playing at an elite level or that he is playing at the 6th overall level...but I am saying he played well because he did...it might not be anything to get excited over, but its definitely reassuring.

He still has no pass rush moves.

Nope. He really doesnt. The couple of time he got pressure today it was on pure force pushing the OL toward the QB. He did have one rush where he completely knocked the OT on his ass and made Kerry force a bad throw...but again it was pure force.

If he can just realize that he is going to be more affective with his speed and learn how to utilize a spin move before he gets engaged, he should start getting more shots at the QB.

This is really like his rookie year, it promising to see him getting better in the other areas, hopefully the pass rush will evolve as well.

i don't want to burst your bubble but most of johnson's successful runs today were right at gholston. he continually gave up contain on the corner and the jets made the tackle 10-15 yards downfield.

the ONLY play he looked good on was the harris int where he was still a step away from collins but at least was game with the pass rush.

i defended gholston for 19 games and i can now say without a doubt that he just isn't a good NFL football player. he could get by in college but at the nfl he just can't get off blocks and what has been really surprising is he doesn't seem to have any speed around the corner when rushing the passer. trust me you will notice the difference when pace comes back.

Again, if he isnt a good NFL player why does Rex Ryan have him on the field playing for one of the best D's in the league and keeping him in during the most crucial spots in the game?

Look dude, your wrong. You dont know more the Rex Ryan and if VG "wasnt a good NFL player" or "he wont be on the roster next season", why the **** is he even playing?

I'm not saying he is playing all world, I'm not saying he is Pace, I'm saying your nuts for thinking he isnt playing well and that he doesnt deserve to play on a NFL roster. He is playing and producing in one of the best D's in the league.

Again, if he isnt a good NFL player why does Rex Ryan have him on the field playing for one of the best D's in the league and keeping him in during the most crucial spots in the game?

Look dude, your wrong. You dont know more the Rex Ryan and if VG "wasnt a good NFL player" or "he wont be on the roster next season", why the **** is he even playing?

I'm not saying he is playing all world, I'm not saying he is Pace, I'm saying your nuts for thinking he isnt playing well and the he doesnt deserve to play on a NFL roster. He is playing and producing in one of the best D's in the league.

why is he on the team? because he has something like $21M guaranteed and the starter is suspended 4 games. once pace comes back gholston is going to the bench permanently. during critical pass situations ryan used murrell to rush the passer. murrell is an UDFA, not a 40 million dollar man like gholston is.

you can make whatever crazy justifications you want but you may be the only person on the planet who doesn't think gholston is stealing $ right now. at least drob gave this team something, gholston is just terrible considering how much cash he pocketed.

the worst thing is he actually had the nerve to hold out. the guy is stealing $ - he already pocketed something like 15M and he doesn't even have 1 sack.

Bull****. He had one successful run at Gholston and there were about three guys including the RT blocking him? Where was everybody else? I have no idea, but at least he ran the ****ing guy down when Kerry Rhodes decided to dive on the floor and try to untie his shoelace. Maybe they had a few other decent plays going at Gholston, but they weren't so noticeable. What about when he ran the guy (one of the fastest RBs in the NFL) out of bounds for no gain? He's no softer against the run than Thomas, that's for damn sure.

pace is needed badly.

unfortunately he will be here. financially we can't take the hit if we cut him. if it's an uncapped year we should cut him immediately.

why is he on the team? because he has something like $21M guaranteed and the starter is suspended 4 games. once pace comes back gholston is going to the bench permanently. during critical pass situations ryan used murrell to rush the passer. murrell is an UDFA, not a 40 million dollar man like gholston is.

you can make whatever crazy justifications you want but you may be the only person on the planet who doesn't think gholston is stealing $ right now. at least drob gave this team something, gholston is just terrible considering how much cash he pocketed.

the worst thing is he actually had the nerve to hold out. the guy is stealing $ - he already pocketed something like 15M and he doesn't even have 1 sack.

Sorry brother, you are dead wrong right now.

Look, VG is the one player in that draft that I DID NOT want the Jets to draft. And I have been extremely critical of this guy, but he is playing well. Plain and simple.

Once again, if he is so bad, he wouldnt be playing, end of story.

Say you: Vernon Gholston is not very good.

Say me: Stop basing your opinion of players on fantasy stats. Vernon Gholston had a very good game today. He played about 90% of the snaps, primarily as a down rusher. If that is how he is being used, he will not be sitting at all when Pace comes back.

David Harris' INT was caused by Gholston's pressure, when I saw that I was dancin' on the ceiling.

Hello, start understanding what you are watching. Vernon Gholston was all over the field today. When Pace comes back against the Dolphins, Gholston will be in the QB's face all night long.

Gholston is truly a good player who is improving every week. The better he plays the more my outrage will be stuck on you. I can't believe how you are not paying attention to reality.

Nothing will kill my endless love for the Jets and Vernon Gholston, especially if he keeps playing like he did today.

On CJ's big 4th quarter run, Gholston was DOUBLE TEAMED and had the presence of mind to chase down the play and make a TD saving tackle.

Gholston has been solid, although people want spectacular. He has done his job. He is far from a liability. For anyone who thinks he is they are simply hating.

There was not a single run where Gholston missed his assignment or lost containment.

Say you: Vernon Gholston is not very good.

Say me: Stop basing your opinion of players on fantasy stats. Vernon Gholston had a very good game today. He played about 90% of the snaps, primarily as a down rusher. If that is how he is being used, he will not be sitting at all when Pace comes back.

David Harris' INT was caused by Gholston's pressure, when I saw that I was dancin' on the ceiling.

Hello, start understanding what you are watching. Vernon Gholston was all over the field today. When Pace comes back against the Dolphins, Gholston will be in the QB's face all night long.

Gholston is truly a good player who is improving every week. The better he plays the more my outrage will be stuck on you. I can't believe how you are not paying attention to reality.

Nothing will kill my endless love for the Jets and Vernon Gholston, especially if he keeps playing like he did today.

Oh my God. Epic win.

Repped and POTWed.

Archived