Who the hell was booing yesterday??!!

MadBacker Prime

I was at the game, and it was making me sick hearing some tard supposed Jet fans boo.

I've always hated this ans always will, do you think this helps anything? We're the home crowd we're there for support.

Great encouragement for the kid QB and new coach. The very first second something went wrong some typical SOJ fans started with the boos, it's riGOD-DAMNdiculous!!

The Jets internal culture is changing but some fans refuse to move on.

Can someone please explain this, it boggles my mind??? These are the same fans that when something good does happen they stand up and pretend they were on the same page all game, I hope to god these fans are out for 2010.

New Team, New Culture, and hopefully some new REAL fans. They're thousands of fans watching the game wishing they could be there for SUPPORT not the garbage that some fans bring.

Agreed on this until the last line. Thousands of fans that want to be there?

Um, no. The Jets blew through their waiting list and are still trying to sell Non-PSL seats in 2010, let alone PSL seats.

2010 in the Lower and Mezz will be 90% suits, not real fans.

Um, no. The Jets blew through their waiting list and are still trying to sell Non-PSL seats in 2010, let alone PSL seats.

I don't agree at all...

Good friends of mine, long time waitlisters, got 2009 season tickets, come tailgate from 1 hour away for 3+ hours. Go crazy during the games, can't wait to buy PSLs and come back next year.

As much as it might be vogue to say "suits" the reality is there are people with money, who are huge Jets fans who want to come to every game and get loud.

True fans don't have to be poor.

BZ

You didn't get it I suppose.

They can't be there because of money. You don't think if the economy was beter we'd be sold out.

This is our most promising team in a long ass time, it's not fandom holding them back but the cost.

I don't agree at all...

Good friends of mine, long time waitlisters, got 2009 season tickets, come tailgate from 1 hour away for 3+ hours. Go crazy during the games, can't wait to buy PSLs and come back next year.

As much as it might be vogue to say "suits" the reality is there are people with money, who are huge Jets fans who want to come to every game and get loud.

True fans don't have to be poor.

BZ

There also plenty of true fans who think it is ridiculous to spend that kind of money. Never did I once say true fans had to be poor but the majority of Jet fans are Middle Class, if that.

You can say whatever you want, but the fact is the Lower and Mezz will be mostly people who do not care.

I was at the game, and it was making me sick hearing some tard supposed Jet fans boo.

I've always hated this ans always will, do you think this helps anything? We're the home crowd we're there for support.

Great encouragement for the kid QB and new coach. The very first second something went wrong some typical SOJ fans started with the boos, it's riGOD-DAMNdiculous!!

Can someone please explain this, it boggles my mind??? These are the same fans that when something good does happen they stand up and pretend they were on the same page all game, I hope to god these fans are out for 2010.

New Team, New Culture, and hopefully some new REAL fans. They're thousands of fans watching the game wishing they could be there for SUPPORT not the garbage that some fans bring.

Negative people with loser lives! That's my explanation. I was at the game and it got loud. Not as LOUD as the Pats game, but loud.

There also plenty of true fans who think it is ridiculous to spend that kind of money. Never did I once say true fans had to be poor but the majority of Jet fans are Middle Class, if that.

You can say whatever you want, but the fact is the Lower and Mezz will be mostly people who do not care.

Riiiight... because I know a lot of people who shell out $10,000 - $20,000 and $4,000 a year to "not care".

Again, I have hope that the people buying in DO care, are LOUD, LOYAL and TRUE Jets fans.

BZ

It takes balls for Woody to increase ticket prices as much has he is going to and charge a PSL on top of that. Along with that, there is no contract stating ticket prices will only increase a certain percentage.

I have my PSL's, (in the lower) and I know many around me now had to bail out.

They're the Jet fans I grew up with and there a none bigger.

I think if this trend continues the cost will drop by next year. They're blowing the list now for 2010.

(lol- I said balls and woody in the same sentence)

It takes balls for Woody to increase ticket prices as much has he is going to and charge a PSL on top of that. Along with that, there is no contract stating ticket prices will only increase a certain percentage.

I have my PSL's, (in the lower) and I know many around me now had to bail out.

They're the Jet fans I grew up with and there a none bigger.

I think if this trend continues the cost will drop by next year. They're blowing the list now for 2010.

(lol- I said balls and woody in the same sentence)

Agreed which is why I am holding out until last possible moment to buy them because they will drop in price.

Okay, there were at least three people in my section that I wanted to smash in the head with a beer bottle.

1. Some meat head in front of me that would not sit down and had a confused look on his face the whole time. I don't know if he even knew he was at a Jet game.

2. A skanky trailer trash whore that was wearing a Steve Young jersey. Every time we did the J-E-T-S chant, she gave the middle finger to everyone. It was fitting that she was choking down one of those 2 foot hot dogs at half time. Real classy girl.

3. The dude to my right was booing and then others followed. I lost my mind. I told him to shut the f** up. I did not hear his mouth again.

How many coaches and QB's has our home crowd run out of town? I was sick to my stomach back in '07 when they booed Chad, and then cheered when he got nicked up.

Some of these fans need to learn from teams like the Steelers or Green Bay. That is the way it is supposed to be. You are in your seat for kick-off and you are as loud as possible on D. NEVER BOO YOUR TEAM!!!

...and I don't want to hear "Well give us something to cheer about", "No superbowl in 40 years" crap. You chose to be and stay a Jets fan. Deal with it.

I would love to see some of these clueless pussies get out on the field and see how they do.

...Booing a rookie, or a team that is showing change and a commitment to winning.

In Scott's words "HOW DARE YOU!"

Okay, there were at least three people in my section that I wanted to smash in the head with a beer bottle.

1. Some meat head in front of me that would not sit down and had a confused look on his face the whole time. I don't know if he even knew he was at a Jet game.

2. A skanky trailer trash whore that was wearing a Steve Young jersey. Every time we did the J-E-T-S chant, she gave the middle finger to everyone. It was fitting that she was choking down one of those 2 foot hot dogs at half time. Real classy girl.

3. The dude to my right was booing and then others followed. I lost my mind. I told him to shut the f** up. I did not hear his mouth again.

How many coaches and QB's has our home crowd run out of town? I was sick to my stomach back in '07 when they booed Chad, and then cheered when he got nicked up.

Some of these fans need to learn from teams like the Steelers or Green Bay. That is the way it is supposed to be. You are in your seat for kick-off and you are as loud as possible on D. NEVER BOO YOUR TEAM!!!

...and I don't want to hear "Well give us something to cheer about", "No superbowl in 40 years" crap. You chose to be and stay a Jets fan. Deal with it.

I would love to see some of these clueless pussies get out on the field and see how they do.

...Booing a rookie, or a team that is showing change and a commitment to winning.

In Scott's words "HOW DARE YOU!"

Great Post, said it much better then I did. He typed what I was thinking, lol.

2 Great statements, the Chad booing was downright disgraceful.

Please leave Mark alone, we do want him to resign when the time comes.

POTW!!

And THIS is exactly how we stop the booing. If I could leave my home here in Wilmington, NC and afford a ticket to more than my typical one Jets game a year, I'd like to believe I could help stop it, too.

It requires those of you at the games taking control of your section, making sure it doesn't happen.

And THIS is exactly how we stop the booing. If I could leave my home here in Wilmington, NC and afford a ticket to more than my typical one Jets game a year, I'd like to believe I could help stop it, too.

It requires those of you at the games taking control of your section, making sure it doesn't happen.

I know our section is good, were a tight knit group.

It sounds like it's coming from opposite corner/end zone mezz and UD levels.

Opposite corner being the non-entrance tunnel.

It's funny, but every single time I thought "that play call was to protect Sanchez" they booed. We knew they'd protect him, but the fans want to throw him to the wolves. Might as well have started Clemens in that case.

Lol me too.. I think they were booing the CS because they were protecting sanchez at the expense of the team. I saw nothing wrong with it..

It's funny, but every single time I thought "that play call was to protect Sanchez" they booed. We knew they'd protect him, but the fans want to throw him to the wolves. Might as well have started Clemens in that case.

Thank you. I have no problem with a run on 3rd and 15 nor should anyone that knows anything about football. This kid is not Joe Montana (yet), and the Titans defense is very very solid. If Shottie for a pass on 3rd and 15 and it gets picked, the same a-holes boo for that.

They should make people take a football 101 course and an I.Q. test before they are allowed to purchase tickets to a game. I have to control myself or before the season is over I will be in some sort of altercation with one of these idiots.

If the team is playing like **** like they did during part of that game are we suppose to cheer for them and say great job?

Are the Steelers or Packers perfect??? Do you hear their fans booing??? No!

How would you like to get booed when you show up at work and f'up? Do you think if you f'd up and everyone was in your face calling you out on it you would f'up more?

Are you an NFL player? Do you know what it's like to get hit 50 times a game?

Are you perfect? Do you f'up?

Unless you are God... DON'T BOO THE HOME TEAM!

How would you like to get booed when you show up at work and f'up? Do you think if you f'd up and everyone was in your face calling you out on it you would f'up more?

They're getting paid a lot of money to play a game and if they're playing like crap I think they should hear about it. And if a normal person ****s up at work they get fired without costing the company 10 million dollars like VG would so don't give me that crap.

I was embarrassed by the booing also. This team got off to a great start to the season, great start to the game, and yes... things fell apart. But booing was uncalled for.

And I dont think it was the SOJ crowd that was booing.. they were like me with a disgusted look and shaking of the head. We've seen it before so we dont need to boo to show our disgust... i did yell out a few wake the f#ck up's and get your head out of your ass, but didnt boo.

Booing is the cool thing to do these days... I blame the younger generation-instant gratification is what you're used to... :D

If the team is playing like **** like they did during part of that game are we suppose to cheer for them and say great job?

no. but when a team has had success like we've had so far, you give them a break. There was no need for the booing yesterday.

if we lost- then yeah... boo. But at that time it was completely inappropriate.

What I do and what Dwight Lowery does for work is unimportant. My job isnt to entertain. My job would still be there if nobody was standing around watching me. So cut it with the poor players routine. stop it with everyone f#cks up routine. They are athletes playing a game that is there for our entertainment. If we're not being entertained we can show our displeasure.

There are times the home team should be booed. Yesterday was not one of them.

You didn't get it I suppose.

They can't be there because of money. You don't think if the economy was beter we'd be sold out.

This is our most promising team in a long ass time, it's not fandom holding them back but the cost.

there is more too it than just the economy. there are tons of factors why people arent going.

what sucks is many people will be going to 1 game and they will get plastered, act like asshats...and boo. like the 2 schmoes in front of me yesterday.

What I do and what Dwight Lowery does for work is unimportant. My job isnt to entertain. My job would still be there if nobody was standing around watching me. So cut it with the poor players routine. stop it with everyone f#cks up routine. They are athletes playing a game that is there for our entertainment. If we're not being entertained we can show our displeasure.

There are times the home team should be booed. Yesterday was not one of them.

Fine no more "poor player talk"

but...

YOU DO NOT BOO YOUR F'N TEAM!!! SHOW SOME F'N CLASS!

there is more too it than just the economy. there are tons of factors why people arent going.

what sucks is many people will be going to 1 game and they will get plastered, act like asshats...and boo. like the 2 schmoes in front of me yesterday.

I do agree, but for many the economy is playing a role.

Also Woody must realize we aren't the Giants. They've won and their fan base appreciates that.

We haven't won **** and have to pay about the same foe the PSL's that are in place. It certainly is a bit of Jet fan protest.

It does suck for Fan "A" that's been going since the 70's getting phased out because of the cost. If that fan had great seats which many did and then being asked to fork over 50 grand for the same seats is ridiculous.

When the Pats built there new home there wasn't any psl crap. I know ticket prices are higher but we're getting it from both ends.

I just hope true Jet fans do end up in these seats, I'll go crazy if I'm surrounded by a bunch of numbnutz who call a touchdown a homerun.

I do agree, but for many the economy is playing a role.

Also Woody must realize we aren't the Giants. They've won and their fan base appreciates that.

We haven't won **** and have to pay about the same foe the PSL's that are in place. It certainly is a bit of Jet fan protest.

It does suck for Fan "A" that's been going since the 70's getting phased out because of the cost. If that fan had great seats which many did and then being asked to fork over 50 grand for the same seats is ridiculous.

When the Pats built there new home there wasn't any psl crap. I know ticket prices are higher but we're getting it from both ends.

I just hope true Jet fans do end up in these seats, I'll go crazy if I'm surrounded by a bunch of numbnutz who call a touchdown a homerun.

i just hope the fan replacing me next year is as dedicated and passionate about the Jets as I am.

You opted out??

You said you travel 4 or 5 hours too right?

It's a shame, what prompted your decision?

Yep. After this season I am no longer a season ticket holder.

What prompted my decision?

-The travel-

Its 4 hours down and 5 back. It wasnt bad when I was in my 20's, but now that Im 35 its becoming too much. Plus who knows what changes are in store for me in my life the next few years. Giving up 8 sundays (leaving at 6am, getting home at 10pm) just isnt going to be an option.

-People to Go With- When I first started going, it was with my Dad, Brother in law, and our friend Jim. Eventually my brother replaced Jim, then my parents retired and spend most of the season in Fla. The my brother in law didnt want to go anymore. And now my brother is in Fla for the season. So now its just me going and i have to find 3 people every week to go.

-My seats- My seats are awesome. 50yd line. 36th row. under the overhang. They are great. They are worth driving 4+ hours for. Upper Deck? No freaking way.

-Money- Since my family has all but bailed on the tix, I will have to come up with the money for all 4 tix. That just isnt possible. Im lucky enough to be able to afford my seat and getting to and from games. Now that i would need to pay for 2 or 4 and worry about finding someone to go? No thanks.

-PSL's- While I do understand my seats have been under priced, I find PSL's to be nothing but evil. I refuse to pay someone for the right to pay them more money for tickets. If i was able to get my seats in the new place for 200-250 with no PSL I would probably have bought them. I never asked for a new stadium. I was happy with our current stadium. But our greedy owner needs more money.. and I wont be giving him as much as I used to.

-I have accepted my situation and Im prepared to move on. It was fun. I will never forget the memories- the good times- the bad times... But its time for a new chapter in life... I'll still go to a game or 2 a year, but now Im not held hostage for 8 games. I have no ill will for those who will still go- most of the people around me are moving to the uppers. Its just not for me.

Archived