Want To Know Which Team Will Prove/Disprove The "Same Old Jets" Stigma??

The Gun Of Bavaria

We've just beat the Patriots and the Titans and have the Saints coming up. It's a great year to be a Jets fan so far. However being Jets fans, whether most of you will admit it or not, you can't help but be paranoid each and every week about whether or not the "same old Jets" will rear their ugly face.

It will sound hilarious, many of you will mock me for what I'm about to say, but the game that will really show that Rexy and the Boys have put the "Same Old Jets" curse to bed is:

Sunday, October 25th:

20.png AT 13.png

It's the classic scenario. Red hot N.Y. Jets vs. an Oakland Raiders squad so pathetic they couldn't beat their own scout team. That cesspool filled with convicted felons they call a stadium in Oakland has been a house of horrors for the Jets since 1968 and has always had the ability to bring out the worst in our team.

In my humble opinion, it's the "ultimate" setting for the Jets to exorcise the SOJ curse out of their system and it would be another massive dose of confidence. In short, a convincing win in Oakland would be "Swaggerlicious".

We've just beat the Patriots and the Titans and have the Saints coming up. It's a great year to be a Jets fan so far. However being Jets fans, whether most of you will admit it or not, you can't help but be paranoid each and every week about whether or not the "same old Jets" will rear their ugly face.

It will sound hilarious, many of you will mock me for what I'm about to say, but the game that will really show that Rexy and the Boys have put the "Same Old Jets" curse to bed is:

Sunday, October 25th:

20.png AT 13.png

It's the classic scenario. Red hot N.Y. Jets vs. an Oakland Raiders squad so pathetic they couldn't beat their own scout team. That cesspool filled with convicted felons they call a stadium in Oakland has been a house of horrors for the Jets since 1968 and has always had the ability to bring out the worst in our team.

In my humble opinion, it's the "ultimate" setting for the Jets to exorcise the SOJ curse out of their system and it would be another massive dose of confidence. In short, a convincing win in Oakland would be "Swaggerlicious".

Not a chance in hell we will lose to Al's derelicts

I will bet $1M in vcash on it

JR is gawd awful and will push the mandarich and Leaf picks as biggest bust

why would a loss make us the "same ol' jets"? i mean seriously....we're not going to go 16-0. i don't get this way of thinking. we've already shown we're not the same old jets. the same old jets let tom brady drive for a TD. the same old jets never come back yesterday and lose that game 31-17. enough of this same old jets bull****.

why would a loss make us the "same ol' jets"? i mean seriously....we're not going to go 16-0. i don't get this way of thinking. we've already shown we're not the same old jets. the same old jets let tom brady drive for a TD. the same old jets never come back yesterday and lose that game 31-17. enough of this same old jets bull****.

not a loss... a loss to an unbelievably inferior Raiders team. That is the same ol' Jets.

I doubt we go in there undefeated anyway.

Bro I'm not saying I want it for crying out loud, but we're talking about the Jets. The same team that goes back to the Rev. Jones Kool-Aid pitcher each and every year. I'm just saying, Rexy seems to have instilled a sense of winning, attitude and direction with this team and going to Oakland is a classic problem for the Jets. If anything will put the SOJ crap to bed once and for all, it's that game.

Sunday, October 25th:

20.png AT 13.png

There are no gimme games for the Jets this year IMO. It's all about matchups. I think anybody can beat anybody right now...as we saw with the Lions & Bengals yesterday.

So if you're saying just because we may lose a game to the Raiders in Oakland it's the "same old Jets", you are dead wrong.

If you can't tell the difference in this team by now that they are not the "same old Jets", you haven't been watching the same games that I'm watching

There are no gimme games for the Jets this year IMO. It's all about matchups. I think anybody can beat anybody right now...as we saw with the Lions & Bengals yesterday.

So if you're saying just because we may lose a game to the Raiders in Oakland it's the "same old Jets", you are dead wrong.

If you can't tell the difference in this team by now that they are not the "same old Jets", you haven't been watching the same games that I'm watching

I have been watching and I think they're not the SOJ, but I've also been a Jets fan a long time.

Bro I'm not saying I want it for crying out loud, but we're talking about the Jets. The same team that goes back to the Rev. Jones Kool-Aid pitcher each and every year. I'm just saying, Rexy seems to have instilled a sense of winning, attitude and direction with this team and going to Oakland is a classic problem for the Jets. If anything will put the SOJ crap to bed once and for all, it's that game.

idk.....every team usually loses one game to a team that it should beat. y'knwo when i'll say it's the same ol' jets if we start to sh*t the bed and go on a 5 game losing streak.

Regardless of wins or losses. Playoffs or .500 season. Final stretch melt down or not. I think all Jet fans need to let the past go. I know it's hard because we've been hurt before, and I'm sure someday we will be hurt again.

Before some of you go crazy when we lose a few games (and we will lose some) I think there are some important points we all need to be reminded of.

1. Going into the season this was a 8-8/9-7 team. Anything above is gravy

2. The coach is like no coach the Jets have ever had. He is smart, aggressive, and proven.

3. The defense will keep us in every game

4. We have a rookie QB who has raw natural talent.

At the end of the day, this team is still a work in progress. Please do not expect an undefeated season. There will be games that on paper we should win and we won't. There will games that on paper we should lose and we will win. What makes us different from any other NFL team in any given week?

Everyone just needs to sit back and enjoy the positive change win or lose. Support the team when we are at home and stick with them when they are down. No more same ol' Jets talk...please.

the SOJ feeling will never go away... especially if we have a magical season.

You know when it will go away? When we win a ****ing Super Bowl.

BTW, good thread G.O.B. The Raiders game has stood out to me the whole season. If we win at Oak, this team is different. [in a good way]

Everyone just needs to sit back and enjoy the positive change win or lose. Support the team when we are at home and stick with them when they are down. No more same ol' Jets talk...please.

You're exactly right......problem is it is SO hard. After everything this team has been through...it's hard to simply enjoy it. I'd pay top dollar for this to be the year all that goes away. I truly think it will......and for me, I think it will be gone after Oakland.

I love it...

The last 2 games there have been a couple of instances where I got scared. 4th qtr lead, not winning by much, I actually thinnk, here we go again. But then something happens, WE BLITZ THE **** OUT OF THE OTHER TEAM.

Another W for us. Are we going to lose this year, probably, but we will never be the same ol Jets. Thank God for that..

I hear ya...but you have to believe they have turned a corner in the right direction

The "same old Jets" would have lost to NE in week 2

No doubt.

The same old Jets would go into a prevent defense.

The same old Jets would start Clemens.

The same old Jets would NOT have a pass rush.

The same old Jets would play emotionless football.

The same old Jets would make bone head play calls and horrible clock management decisions.

The same old Jets would play to not lose the game instead of playing to win.

::GoJets:

No doubt.

The same old Jets would go into a prevent defense.

The same old Jets would start Clemens.

The same old Jets would NOT have a pass rush.

The same old Jets would play emotionless football.

The same old Jets would make bone head play calls and horrible clock management decisions.

The same old Jets would play to not lose the game instead of playing to win.

::GoJets:

Exactly! How many times at the end of a game with the lead would the old Jets lay back and let Marino or whoever march right down the field

I hope its not that game...because I'm flying to Oakland to see it.

Last year I flew to Seattle to see the Jets go in and potentially destroy a hapless Seahawks team. What happens, we get our ass handed to us, and we are knocked out of the playoffs.

I'm not flying 2000+ miles to see us embarassed again.

Jesus, I have a Glock 22, Glock 27 or HK USP .40 you can borrow if you'd like?

Archived