Report: Mangini May Not Make It Through The Season

SoFlaJets

wow....

The Jets may not be the only team to fire Eric Mangini in 2009.

ProFootballTalk is reporting there are grumblings that Mangini might not make it through his first season as Browns head coach. Cleveland is off to an 0-3 start and the players are reportedly unhappy with Mangini

wow....

The Jets may not be the only team to fire Eric Mangini in 2009.

ProFootballTalk is reporting there are grumblings that Mangini might not make it through his first season as Browns head coach. Cleveland is off to an 0-3 start and the players are reportedly unhappy with Mangini

Mangini came to the Browns with a reputation of being a dick, and he's lived up to it. The players don't like him and worse; they probably don't respect him, either. That's a death knell for a head coach. He learned nothing from his time with the Jets. The Browns made a mistake when they hired this guy. If he lasts the season, he won't last 'til the following Wednesday.

Is it just me or is this guy getting loonier as time goes on? It's funny, the Jets organization and the fans had no idea what they were getting in '06 when the hired him. Everyone thought he would be good because he was part of the Parcels/Beli tree. No one on the team really started talking about his dictator style until recently (not that you couldn't notice it anyway).

Now, the Browns did know what they were getting so I would imagine he might have a shorter leash. Especially when it comes to the attitude of the players. The ownership has to recognize that this guys style is not suited for the NFL. College ball maybe, but you are dealing with men in the NFL and they have to be treated as such. Discipline is a good thing. Coughlinn, Belichick, and Parcels are all tough coaches with rules. The difference is the players respect them and respond because they are disciplined like men. They are not punished like little boys.

I honestly could not stand this guy and disagreed with the hire from the beginning. His first season had me eating my words, but in the end I was right. The guy is a douche bag and should not be allowed to coach the game in any capacity. I wouldn't let him coach the ball boys.

As hilarious as that would be, I can't see anyone getting fired this early in the season.
Last year two HCs were fired after the fourth week, though one was fired by Al Davis (Kiffin). Also, there are so many marquee HC candidates out there: Cowher, Billick, Shanahan, Gruden, etc. The Browns could make a quick move in order to trump Snyder in Washington. But lets face it, the Cleveland job is not gonna be attractive to any of these guys except for maybe Cowher.

Mangini came to the Browns with a reputation of being a dick, and he's lived up to it. The players don't like him and worse; they probably don't respect him, either. That's a death knell for a head coach. He learned nothing from his time with the Jets. The Browns made a mistake when they hired this guy. If he lasts the season, he won't last 'til the following Wednesday.

Mangini has showed he's got football knowledge. It's just that he has no concept of how to treat people. I don't understand how Belicheat gets away with it. There must be a little bit of a difference as to what Beli does. At any rate, when Mangini figures out what it is, he's going to continue to fail. Maybe he can talk to sanchez. He has it.

Mangini has showed he's got football knowledge. It's just that he has no concept of how to treat people. I don't understand how Belicheat gets away with it. There must be a little bit of a difference as to what Beli does. At any rate, when Mangini figures out what it is, he's going to continue to fail. Maybe he can talk to sanchez. He has it.

He's shown he has some football knowledge. But more glaring was that he's shown stubbornness to adjust. It's one thing to let another team dictate how the game is played, it's another to refuse to adapt when things aren't working. We all know which Mangini did.

It's interesting you bring that up. I had watched some footage of Pats training camp. The difference is that Beli actually engages his players. He teaches them and talks to them. It's very much like Rex except it's all business and no joking. There is encouragement when a player does well and constructive feedback when they don't. Another interesting thing is to watch the difference in the sideline demeanor between Beli and Mangi. Belichick actually speaks with his players instead of letting his position coaches and assistants do it like Mangina does. I think this is one of the biggest problems with Mangini's style besides his dictatorship. It's one thing to run a tight ship, but to be an absent leader is a whole other story. I think he's insecure in his knowledge of the game and his age and does not want to come off dumb to his players. However his alternative approach causes leadership and respect issues.

Last year two HCs were fired after the fourth week, though one was fired by Al Davis (Kiffin). Also, there are so many marquee HC candidates out there: Cowher, Billick, Shanahan, Gruden, etc. The Browns could make a quick move in order to trump Snyder in Washington. But lets face it, the Cleveland job is not gonna be attractive to any of these guys except for maybe Cowher.

Please - not Cowher talk again. If (and that's a big If) he decides to go back into coaching, it will be to replace Fox in Carolina. He will be gone after this season if he lasts that long. Cowher likes it here in Carolina and that would be the perfect match for him.

As far as Mangini, it's his 1st year in Cleveland so I doubt he gets the axe this early. He may not last the year, but he will get at least 8 games IMO.

Al Davis speaks for itself, but I don't remember the other HC firing.

How bout the Seahag game? the Jills game . the raiders? the broncos

and the penne game

best 5 losses this team evah had:D

How about the fact that the stubborn mule refused to adjust and we were outscored almost 10-1 in the second halves of games..

Maybe good fortune is finally coming the Jets way.

If Rex & Sanchez turn out to be good, Brown fans & media will lament for YEARS how their team based on both.

Seriously. Rex came from the Browns' division rival. It would have been a 2-fer, help yourself and hurt a rival. They could have drafted Sanchez and traded Quinn for a high pick. The Jets were usually in the Browns' position.

Sometimes the stars do re-align. It happened to the Colts who blew more 1st round picks than any team (including the Jets), until they got Peyton.

If you look at the most successful teams in the last 30 years, they primarily have 3 things that turned them from losers into winners: (1) first time HC who turns out to be good, (2) franchise QB, and (3) top shelf defense.

Look it up. The Niners & Giants in the 1980s, the Cowboys in the 1990s, and the Steelers. The only aberation are the Pats with BB failing in his first job with Cleveland and Joe Gibbs who never had the franchise QB.

Have you guys seen the Browns schedule? It is seriouslly possible that they won't win a game all year. Especially when the locker room is in discontent.

Minny

@ Denver

@ Baltimore

Cincy

@ Buffalo

@ Pittsburgh

Green Bay

@ Chicago

BYE

Baltimore

@ Detroit

@ Cincy

San Diego

Pittsburgh

@ KC

Oakland

Jacksonville

From the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009.

Thread: clayton just said if we dont make the playoffs mangini might be out...

Clayton is an idiot..Mangini isn't going anywhere..Thank God.

Thread: Go On Record: Mangini Yes Or No

HELL YES !!! 1,000 TIMES !!! HELL YES !!!

Thread: JETS next head coach.

The next head coach..PLEASE ,,, Eric Mangini..EM isn't going anywhere thank God..This grass is always greener buls**t has got to stop..Young coach who will be great one day..Some fans around here have the patience of a two year old..I don't give a damn if you been a long suffering Jet fan..Eric Mangini IS the solution if we give him time to grow..This team is as professionally run as it has ever been..This is know time no cut and run..stick with the program..its headed in the right direction.

Thread: Eric Mangini- Browns New Head Coach!!!!!!!!

What!!! HE WAS OUT OF THE LEAGUE 5 MINUTES..HELL YES...Good For Coach Mangini..Anyone want some jets gear...Give me the Brown and Orange baby.

HAHAHAHA..The Jets are NOW the biggest joke in the NFL...be in denial if you want clown..Its the truth..An owner making decsions based on the moronic media and fans in NY with no f**king plan on what to do after the firing..oh.. I'm sorry the plan was to go on vacation immediately after that and not be around for coaching interviews..F**king Brilliant..Whats the plan now..no plan thats what...a Joke is right.. and the NYJ's are the ass clowns of the NFL right now. I'll take Al Davis any day..at least he gives a s**t.

Thread: The Jets tried to mirror the Pats organization and it didn't work

More like the Jets didn't have the patience..we were headed in the right direction but now its a great big mystery..AGAIN.. All blitz happy fans are excited..did you see what happened to the blitz happy Eagles..they got burnt..time and time again by Warner..Be careful what you wish for.

Thread: What is Leon's status?

He'll play out his contract then go with "his coach" to Cleveland.

Thread: Favre To Vikings -- Update

HUH?? No way..The dead cap space will be too big and never mind the distraction of cutting #4..NOT gonna happen..If he doesn't retire he is the Jets starter Day 1 period. No one walks away from 13 million

Thread: your dark- horse NFL team in 2009??

Sorry to say..Cleveland Browns

Ouch.

Glenn - time to repent and become a Jets fan again. Fear not - if the Jets only accepted "winners" as their fans we would have been an extinct breed eons ago.

From the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009.

Glenn - time to repent and become a Jets fan again. Fear not - if the Jets only accepted "winners" as their fans we would have been an extinct breed eons ago.

Glenn212 :rl::rl::rl:

damn Sperm E-you remind me of this scene in Sleepers

Lorenzo: [hands Davenport a gun in a plastic bag] Show the jury this.

Detective: What do you got there, Ness?

Lorenzo: About 3 weeks ago, the body of a drug dealer named Indian Red Lopez was found in an alley in Jackson Heights. Three bullets in his head, nothing in his pockets.

Detective: I'm with you so far.

Lorenzo: This is the gun that killed him, and these are the shells.

Detective: What's behind door number 3?

Lorenzo: The prints on the gun belong to Adam Styler.

Detective: Hey, do me a favor, would you?

Lorenzo: What's that?

Detective: If I ever make it onto your sh!t list, give me a call. Give me a chance to apologize

Have you guys seen the Browns schedule? It is seriouslly possible that they won't win a game all year. Especially when the locker room is in discontent.

Minny

@ Denver

@ Baltimore

Cincy

@ Buffalo

@ Pittsburgh

Green Bay

@ Chicago

BYE

Baltimore

@ Detroit

@ Cincy

San Diego

Pittsburgh

@ KC

Oakland

Jacksonville

THat game against Detroit will be huge -- ha ha ha

You really think the Browns can beat the Lions on the road?

Their best shot for a win is the home game against the Raiders.

I was thinking the same thing, Kleck.

The Browns on the road against any team is frightenly bad.

You really think the Browns can beat the Lions on the road?

Their best shot for a win is the home game against the Raiders.

But think of it last years 0-16 against this years possible 0-16 -- lots of pride on the line. The Lions may want some company on the list of dread.

edit - I don't think Cleveland is capable of beating anyone right now

Archived