Jets Defense vs. Drew Breesus - Prediction Thread

JMJ

Thus far the Jets are holding opposing QBs (2 very good QBs and solid veteran) to the following combined per-game stats:

47.9 cmp%

.33 TD

1.33 INT

Predict Drew Brees' end of game stats vs. the Jets. I say:

269 yards - 2 TD - 1 INT. I expect those 269 yards to come on a ton of attempts though. Not a "shredded" 269 yards.

Normally I would say the sample size is too small, but in this case, we've seen three QB's that are very "diverse", which can help with making a prediction. Brady (elite), Schaub (above average) and Collins (below average) and all three have been shut down.

Your prediction sounds about right, but it depends a lot on the health of Lito Sheppard and Donald Strickland. If they are out, you might see some "shredding" done by Brees.

Constant Pressure and Revis Christ locking down Colston or whoever they throw at him.

Jets 27-14

:bwahaharoll:

I thought my Drew Breesus was sooooo creative and it only took until the 4th post of this thread before it was topped.

Well done sir. ;)

The last time Brees faced a Rex Ryan defense he completed 53% of his passes while throwing 3 INTs (2 Pick 6s) to accompany his 3 TDs and a 76.4 QB rating.

Brees was very impressive with his yardage (383) but he needed 45 attempts for that. The Ravens also blew out the Saints 35-22. The Ravens were up 28-7 in the 1st half and the majority of Brees' yards came in the 2nd. Also note, this was in Brees' only winning season in New Orleans.

Brees will rack up the yards, but the INTs will be the key.

Thus far the Jets are holding opposing QBs (2 very good QBs and solid veteran) to the following combined per-game stats:

47.9 cmp%

.33 TD

1.33 INT

Predict Drew Brees' end of game stats vs. the Jets. I say:

269 yards - 2 TD - 1 INT. I expect those 269 yards to come on a ton of attempts though. Not a "shredded" 269 yards.

I can agree with this. I do think he's going to throw more than one INT though.

Archived