How will Sanchez handle the crowd noise in the Superdome?

Seconds Out

This is something that hasn't been touched on as much as I thought it would by the media. Sunday is a HUGE test for Mark Sanchez. I heard that they installed speakers in the Florham facility to simulate crowd noise. Does anyone know if this is true?? I think Sunday is going to be a hell of a game with a team that we match up pretty well with. Its winnable, but going to be very tough because of that crowd.

This is something that hasn't been touched on as much as I thought it would by the media. Sunday is a HUGE test for Mark Sanchez. I heard that they installed speakers in the Florham facility to simulate crowd noise. Does anyone know if this is true?? I think Sunday is going to be a hell of a game with a team that we match up pretty well with. Its winnable, but going to be very tough because of that crowd.

Not sure about the speakers to simulate noise, but I can tell you this. This is a real test for Sanchez and im not talking just Defense. he'll have to be able to keep us in the game because the Saints are just that type of team. If you hold them to under 17pts its a miracle. Sanchez and that offense is going to really have to put some points on the board on the road in a packed house, with fans that love their team.

I'll say this though, this game will say alot about the Jets character if they pull this off...even more than the Patriot game. Because to beat the #1 offense to sweep the first Qtr of the season when most said that they could easily go 0-4 is something that you must commend.

He handled crowd noise pretty well last season for USC. Even in the OSU upset he had a solid performance and the crowd was pretty ridic. He tore it up against a pretty loud Virginia crowd too if memory serves correctly.

Pretty sure OSU played AT USC last year, considering they played at OSU this year...Usually OOC games are scheduled as home and home's if its two big time programs.

Not sure about the speakers to simulate noise, but I can tell you this. This is a real test for Sanchez and im not talking just Defense. he'll have to be able to keep us in the game because the Saints are just that type of team. If you hold them to under 17pts its a miracle. Sanchez and that offense is going to really have to put some points on the board on the road in a packed house, with fans that love their team.

I'll say this though, this game will say alot about the Jets character if they pull this off...even more than the Patriot game. Because to beat the #1 offense to sweep the first Qtr of the season when most said that they could easily go 0-4 is something that you must commend.

Sure, it was 2006, but Baltimore and their D abused NO. 35-22 was the final, but NO scored garbage time 4th quarter TDs. 35-7 at 1 time with 2 defensive TDs. Granted, NO is a better offense now, but they were a passing machine then too. Baltimore, wth Rex Ryan at the helm, had a plan that worked. The game was also in NO.

I'm not saying it's a lock, but NOs passing game is a DEEP passing game. That means routes take time to develop. Get some heat on the QB...

Also, KEEP the ball away. POUND the ball. Don't give me the Thomas Jones sucks BS. Last week, the OL up the middle was bad. POUND IT with him, Leon and yes, even Greene. RUN the ball 35-40 times if you can. Use play action to go over their heads when they put the 8th and 9th guy up. I don't care if TJ averages 3.3-3.4 a carry. You tire them out, grind it out and KEEP THEM off the field.

Sure, it was 2006, but Baltimore and their D abused NO. 35-22 was the final, but NO scored garbage time 4th quarter TDs. 35-7 at 1 time with 2 defensive TDs. Granted, NO is a better offense now, but they were a passing machine then too. Baltimore, wth Rex Ryan at the helm, had a plan that worked. The game was also in NO.

I'm not saying it's a lock, but NOs passing game is a DEEP passing game. That means routes take time to develop. Get some heat on the QB...

Also, KEEP the ball away. POUND the ball. Don't give me the Thomas Jones sucks BS. Last week, the OL up the middle was bad. POUND IT with him, Leon and yes, even Greene. RUN the ball 35-40 times if you can. Use play action to go over their heads when they put the 8th and 9th guy up. I don't care if TJ averages 3.3-3.4 a carry. You tire them out, grind it out and KEEP THEM off the field.

Outside of Revis and Jenkins (especially in 2006), Balt defense is superior to ours right now..

THe biggest challenge imo will be Sanchez feeling the pressure to keep up with Brees and company and battling against momentum...

I wasnt going to give you none of that actually. I do think however that you and others keep referring to this Baltimore game in 06 a bit too often. This is the Jets, not the Ravens. They had different dominate players at different positions that they utilized. It isnt simply Rex Ryan's Defense. Its not that simple...this is actually more reason why Rex is such a defensive genius given that you do have to understand the players you have.

I just think that Sanchez has to be in all pro form, even with a solid running game just to keep the pressure on. Maybe I am under estimating our D but I just think that the Offense is going to have to score more than 21 points to get this done. I think that if the Defense holds the Saints to 21 points we did a hell of alot. Im not saying shootout, but I'd be more than suprised and quite shocked if we pitch a shutout.

Outside of Revis and Jenkins (especially in 2006), Balt defense is superior to ours right now..

THe biggest challenge imo will be Sanchez feeling the pressure to keep up with Brees and company and battling against momentum...

Chan I dont think at this point in time Balt's defense is as dominant as ours they have given up some yards and lost 3 good players. They do have more experience in this system than our players do but thats why Rex Signed 3 players from that squad on each Tier of the defense, the line, LB's and Secondary The steepest learning curse was for our LB's and they seem to be doing very well. Revis Island seems fine as well and when Sheppard and Strickland get back will be lights out to most passing games .

Right now the Jets have the most talent on Defense in the NFL and I dont think its even close.

Chan I dont think at this point in time Balt's defense is as dominant as ours they have given up some yards and lost 3 good players. They do have more experience in this system than our players do but thats why Rex Signed 3 players from that squad on each Tier of the defense, the line, LB's and Secondary The steepest learning curse was for our LB's and they seem to be doing very well. Revis Island seems fine as well and when Sheppard and Strickland get back will be lights out to most passing games .

Right now the Jets have the most talent on Defense in the NFL and I dont think its even close.

I was talking Baltimores 2006 defense ruprecht

And the most impressive part about this is that that they are playing the worst player in the history of the NFL and they still have the most talented defensive roster in the NFL.

We are playing at least 7 sure fire HOF'rs on defense this season.

And Mick's right, college crowds are twice as loud as NFL.

Handled the noise in Houston fine and New Orleans fans arn't exactly the loudest fans in the world.

Great point. The Texans have one of the best home records when compared to away records in the NFL. New Orleans' crowd may bring extra noise given that they are 3-0, but Sanchez should handle it just fine.

How he handles Darren Sharper and the possibility of another poor effort from the running game (NO is ranked # 5 against the run) are much bigger issues.

And the most impressive part about this is that that they are playing the worst player in the history of the NFL and they still have the most talented defensive roster in the NFL.

We are playing at least 7 sure fire HOF'rs on defense this season.

And Mick's right, college crowds are twice as loud as NFL.

Was that necessary ?

I'm a saints fan and not here for trash talk... just registered to say that this is completely wrong. The Saints will usually take 2-3 deep shots a game, but their passing game is mostly short to intermediate routes on a 3-step drop.

I'm a saints fan and not here for trash talk... just registered to say that this is completely wrong. The Saints will usually take 2-3 deep shots a game, but their passing game is mostly short to intermediate routes on a 3-step drop.

That's absolutely true - Brees gets the ball out real quick 95% of the time. The keys to this game for the Jets are:

1. Confuse Brees enough to make the "real quick" a half a step slower to throw off his timing with his receivers.

2. Limit turnovers - the Saints defense has been great with taking the ball away so far this season.

3. Find a way to score points with long drives.

Archived