Fins ink Kevin Carter

Mean Papi Green

could very well mean to teh end to Jason Taylor in Miami as someone has to shake loose from their defense between Taylor, Zach, Pat and Sam

and on that note, I'd love to have Pat Surtain on my team

Carter to receive $8 million in guarantees

By John Clayton, ESPN.com

Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban plans to borrow the Bill Belichick approach to volume free agency signings, but on Monday he made his biggest move.

The Dolphins reached a five-year, $30 million agreement with former Tennessee Titans defensive end Kevin Carter. Included in the deal is $8 million of guarantees in signing and option bonuses.

Carter, who has never missed a game in his 10-year career, will make $10 million over the first two years of the contract and $16 million over the first three. He will be a defensive end in the Dolphins' 3-4 scheme and was considered to be one of the key players available in free agency.

Carter, 31, was hoping to re-sign with the Titans, who had to let eight players go to get under the $85.5 million salary cap. He was close to accepting the Dolphins deal Saturday, but he wanted a day or two to decide if it was the right move.

On Monday, he accepted the offer, passed a Dolphins physical and should be available later Monday for a press conference.

The Dolphins signed former Packers and Chiefs defensive end Vonnie Holliday on Friday to a two-year contract. There is a good chance Holliday and Carter could be the team's starting defensive ends next year.

Carter, who has never posted fewer than 5

Surtain may go to the Seahawks in a trade is the latest rumour I saw on him.

Holliday is past his prime and Carter is all right so I am not too worried of these acquisitions by the Fins.

what I like about this is at least the team is doing SOMETHING(if I wee a Fins fan)Nick Saban has one untouchable on that roster(AJ FEELEY as per Hank Goldberg WQAM Miami)he's the ONLY QB on the roster

yeah, Feeley cost them the second pick in teh second round of this draft, I'd say he's untouchable considering that and his contractstatus

Saban needs to worry about his O line, they're talking about moving Carey who couldn't crack that weak ass line last year and was not dressed in most games last year to now being their LT

From what I've heard down here in SFL, fins will be mostly in a 3/4 and Taylor will be used as a OLB during those situations. Hey, it may sound crazy, I'm just reporting what I heard. Taylor also has made mention he would like to play a littl O as well.

Hank also said anybody is tradable even Jason Taylor who just may be heading somewhere elsew with these two DE signings.Also,Hank says that perhaps they're looking at using JT as a designated PRer.
Wayne brought in Jimmy who had to deal with Marino then Dave got the privilege of releasing him. Nick will have to deal with tearing their D apart and this will be a PR persons night mare not to mention ticket sales. Phin's are in deep Do Do with their fans. talk radio host Joe Rose is calling him double o Saben because of all the secrecy surrounding the team. Believe the little press that is here in south Florida ( compared to NY ) are sitting like vultures waiting for Saben to fall. Talk about how far a franchise has fallen if the Phins don't get off to a decent start Wayne will be hanging in from the upper deck of the Pro. The Joe must go day's of the Jets will be a walk in the park by comparison. Can't wait. :P

Archived