Bart Scott already calculating playoffs

jaspegs

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=3996

:Typotux:

New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott isn't afraid to drop the "P" word.

Scott, with an economics degree from Southern Illinois, is almost as comfortable with numbers as he is with verbs.

He figures the winner of Sunday's showdown between the Jets and New Orleans Saints in the Superdome probably is headed to the playoffs.

"Whichever team comes out 4-0 is going to really set themselves up," Scott said Thursday. "Whenever you go perfect in the first quarter of the season, that's a tremendous start on trying to make it to the playoffs.

"We

Bart is 110% correct.

IMO we have gotten past our two toughest home games, going 8-0 at home should not be out of the question, especially if the crowd continues to bring their voices and if we keep winning, they definitely will. I will be loud no matter what, but lets be honest, when the team is .500 or below, some fans just stop caring/yelling.

Comes down to the team.

Come home at no worse than 4-1 to face Buffalo on the 18th and crowd will be ROCKING.

Bart is 110% correct.

IMO we have gotten past our two toughest home games, going 8-0 at home should not be out of the question, especially if the crowd continues to bring their voices and if we keep winning, they definitely will. I will be loud no matter what, but lets be honest, when the team is .500 or below, some fans just stop caring/yelling.

Comes down to the team.

Come home at no worse than 4-1 to face Buffalo on the 18th and crowd will be ROCKING.

+1

Scott isn't getting ahead of himself, he's just dealing in pure math.

To go 4-0 in the 1st 4 with 2 at home and 2 on the road, leaves the team with 6 home and 6 road games.

If the team is good enough to win all it's remaining home games, that's 10 wins right there.

If they go 2-4 in the 6 road games that is 12-4. If they go 3-3, that's 13-3.

On the other hand, if they go 5-1 in the remaining home games and 3-3 on the road, that's 12-4.

It's simple math.

Scott lets it all hang out and I love it. It's true 12-4 is a very good possibility and before this year I thought we were winning 7-9 games. If we're 4-0 and heading down to a Chad-less Dolphins and we're EASILY looking at 5-0 coming home. I hate being optomistic, I've been pessimistic all year and I'm refusing to be optomistic because I don't wanna jinx anything. But IMO Bart needs to go with the mumbles thinking, and worry about 1 game at a time. Its nice he's talking playoffs now and has the confidence that our team (like the rest of the team) is playoff bound, but relax come back to me when we've got 7 wins by weeks either 7,8, 10 or 11 (bye week is 9).

Scott lets it all hang out and I love it. It's true 12-4 is a very good possibility and before this year I thought we were winning 7-9 games. If we're 4-0 and heading down to a Chad-less Dolphins and we're EASILY looking at 5-0 coming home. I hate being optomistic, I've been pessimistic all year and I'm refusing to be optomistic because I don't wanna jinx anything. But IMO Bart needs to go with the mumbles thinking, and worry about 1 game at a time. Its nice he's talking playoffs now and has the confidence that our team (like the rest of the team) is playoff bound, but relax come back to me when we've got 7 wins by weeks either 7,8, 10 or 11 (bye week is 9).

Thing is, he still is taking it one game at a time. He said the WINNER of this game is probably playoff-bound, meaning that this game is of critical importance.

You can focus one game at a time while STILL having your eyes set on the prize. Scott is doing just that.

I like the excitement but one game at a time...it is a LONG season

Amen... Big test this week with the Saints and considering our secondary is hurting, this will be a serious test for the D. In fact this would be a really good time to find our running game so we can keep Brees and his boys off of the field..

Archived