The Real Jets Defensive Game Plan

Jets1Fan

Because all I've heard about is this saints overwhelming offense, let's start with how the Jets Defense will shut them down.

- Stopping the Inside Run = Kris Jenkins

- Stopping the Outside Runs = Non-Blitzing OLB's and Run Clogging DE's

- Covering the flats/Reggie Bush = Non-Blitzing MLB

- Pass Rush - Overload Blitzes (as we've seen thus far) in order to at the very LEAST knock Brees on his ass and get him uncomfortable in the pocket.

- Pocket Disruption = VG (as much as people hate to admit it) does this very very well, but then especially with Brees we'll have to have someone that will be almost in a QB spy when he rolls out of the pocket.

- Stopping the Tight-End = Non-Blitzing MLB's & Safeties

- Stopping the #1/#2 WR's = Revis & Lito. Personally, I wanna stop Colston ten times more than Henderson, Henderson gets big plays when people forget about him in the slot, we're definitely not going to, he is their "burner".

Thoughts? I mean obviously it's a lot, but in the right combination (play-calling) and with that guy "Little-Bit-of-Luck" I definitely think it's actually a good matchup for our Defense, also knowing that it is our toughest task yet.

I'm not saying that we are going to win every game, I mean we might very well lose this game, but looking and thinking about some of the above, I think I'm worried more about our Offense (running the ball and clock mgmt.) more than I am with their Offense vs. our DEFENSE!!

GO JETS!!!!!

Also, would we be happy with a 3 point loss?? Strictly in thinking that it will make us want to absolutely commit dolphin genocide come week 5 on MNF??

That's pretty much what we did all day against Houston. Schaub had too much pressure right in his face to make any throws downfield.

Exactly last week they didnt bring much A gap pressure till the 4th quarter I get it they didnt want to give up the big play to the outside to Johnson. A lot of people were getting annoyed with me in my section last week cause i kept screaming for A gap pressure and we finally did and it sealed the victory.

Exactly last week they didnt bring much A gap pressure till the 4th quarter I get it they didnt want to give up the big play to the outside to Johnson. A lot of people were getting annoyed with me in my section last week cause i kept screaming for A gap pressure and we finally did and it sealed the victory.

SoFla gave a stat that Brees is 2-10 this season when he gets pressured. If we get pressure through the A gap with Jenkins leading the way, I can see us forcing him into some bad throws and potentially turnovers. If we don't get that pressure, he will tear us apart..it's no secret.

Archived