Severed Head of Ted Williams Abused In Cryonics Facility

The Gun Of Bavaria

What a disgrace. Between his own family and now these idiots, a great man and a great American continues to be disgraced and have his "grave" pissed upon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4524957

NEW YORK -- The New York Daily News is reporting that Red Sox Hall of Famer Ted Williams' severed head was mistreated at an Arizona cryonics facility, according to details from a new book.

In "Frozen," Larry Johnson, a former executive at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation in Scottsdale, Ariz., writes that Williams' head, which had been severed and frozen for storage, was abused at the facility. Johnson claims a technician took baseball-like swings at Williams' frozen head with a monkey wrench.

Williams, the last player to hit over .400 in a season, died in July 2002 at age 83 and had his remains sent to Alcor for cryogenic storage in the hope that future generations would develop the technology to revive him.

According to the Daily News, Johnson wrote the book while in hiding after becoming a whistleblower in 2003. He held the title of chief operating officer of Alcor for eight months, the newspaper said. He is scheduled for a Tuesday appearance on the ABC news show "Nightline."

Johnson told the Daily News he wired himself during his last three months of employment at Alcor and stole internal records. The book also includes photos of severed heads and procedures performed on bodies.

John Henry Williams, Ted Williams' only son, handled his father's business and household affairs beginning in the 1990s after Ted's romantic companion died. John Henry made the decision to have his father's body taken to Alcor for freezing, setting off a battle with his half-sister, who said her father had wanted to be cremated.

The matter was settled in December 2002, when Bobby Jo Williams Ferrell, Ted Williams' oldest daughter, dropped her objections.

John Henry Williams died of leukemia in March 2004 at age 35. His remains also were reportedly delivered to Alcor.

I really hope nobody chimes in with jokes on this. This is not a Yankee\Red Sox thing. This is a humanity thing.

Ted Williams was a great American. Regardless, nobody deserves to have something like this happen. Just disgusting. Totally disgusting.

I really hope nobody chimes in with jokes on this. This is not a Yankee\Red Sox thing. This is a humanity thing.

Ted Williams was a great American. Regardless, nobody deserves to have something like this happen. Just disgusting. Totally disgusting.

No he wasn't. He was an athlete. Don't go crazy here. A fireman who makes just enough to feed his family who runs into burning buildings is a great American. A person who hits a ball with a stick well is not a great American.

He served in two wars.

What havfe you done other then bombing out of the police?

Lol, Trying to insult me? I'm sorry but I don't consider people who play professional sports great americans. If he served twice he was obviously a competent soldier. Him leaving to play baseball deprived the service of a competent soldier.

Yeah, he was really selfish

They could have found a less competent guy to replace him which led to people dying who would not have died had he stayed in the service. All for a couple of million dollars. Kids grew up homeless and hungry because someone wanted to play a game over being in the service.

Arsis is just playing you people. He claims to be a very smart man. I would assume a very smart man understands how retahded his comments are. Just sayin'.

Ted Williams served his country well as a fighter pilot. He was a prolific ball player. He was a class 1 fly fisherman in retirement. He worked relentlesslsy for the Jimmy Fund. And by all accounts, in the formidable years, was a lousy husband and father. I think he tried to atone for his absence and general suckiness later in life and especially towards his son, who I have yet to hear a good thing about (he is dead too - and his remains were sent to the same facility). It's a shame really. All around.

They could have found a less competent guy to replace him which led to people dying who would not have died had he stayed in the service. All for a couple of million dollars. Kids grew up homeless and hungry because someone wanted to play a game over being in the service.

He could have shirked duty, and played on a Navy baseball team. He chose not to, and placed his life on the line.

YOU could have signed up for the military, and THAT could have saved lives, too. Who knows? And for what, the right to bitch about your current job?

I have never signed up to serve, so I don't feel it is my right to bad mouth those that have, or in the manner that they served.

I am thankful for whatever they gave. To question the manner that they did serve, is downright selfish, IMO.

No he wasn't. He was an athlete. Don't go crazy here. A fireman who makes just enough to feed his family who runs into burning buildings is a great American. A person who hits a ball with a stick well is not a great American.

ted williams went to war twice and killed for our nation

Arsis,

Anyone who risks their lives to defend this country is a great American in my book. Don't put words in my mouth, me saying he was a great American had nothing to do with anything he did as a baseball player.

Go play Devil's advocate in another thread, you are reaching on this one.

Arsis is just playing you people. He claims to be a very smart man. I would assume a very smart man understands how retahded his comments are. Just sayin'.

Ted Williams served his country well as a fighter pilot. He was a prolific ball player. He was a class 1 fly fisherman in retirement. He worked relentlesslsy for the Jimmy Fund. And by all accounts, in the formidable years, was a lousy husband and father. I think he tried to atone for his absence and general suckiness later in life and especially towards his son, who I have yet to hear a good thing about (he is dead too - and his remains were sent to the same facility). It's a shame really. All around.

Is that the same thing as a Bass Master??? beside they fly fish??

BY Nathaniel Vinton

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Friday, October 2nd 2009, 10:44 AM

Workers at an Arizona cryonics facility mutilated the frozen head of baseball legend Ted Williams - even using it for a bizarre batting practice, a new tell-all book claims.

In "Frozen," Larry Johnson, a former exec at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation in Scottsdale, Ariz., graphically describes how The Splendid Splinter" was beheaded, his head frozen and repeatedly abused.

The book, out Tuesday from Vanguard Press, tells how Williams' corpse became "Alcorian A-1949" at the facility, where bodies are kept suspended in liquid nitrogen in case future generations learn how to revive them.

Johnson writes that in July 2002, shortly after the Red Sox slugger died at age 83, technicians with no medical certification gleefully photographed and used crude equipment to decapitate the majors' last .400 hitter.

Williams' severed head was then frozen, and even used for batting practice by a technician trying to dislodge it from a tuna fish can.

The chief operating officer of Alcor for eight months before becoming a whistleblower in 2003, Johnson wrote his book while in hiding, fearful for his life.

He told the Daily News then he had received death threats and was moving from safehouse to safehouse. Johnson plans to come out of the shadows Tuesday, with his book and an appearance on ABC's "Nightline."

Johnson said he wired himself with an audio recorder for his last three months at Alcor, stole internal records and took gruesome photographs that are reproduced in the book.

The book describes other atrocities at Alcor's facility in Arizona, including the dismembering of live dogs that were injected with chemicals in experiments, and a situation in which human blood and toxic chemicals were dumped into a parking lot sewer drain.

It also also details suspicious circumstances involving the bodies of two people who are frozen in steel cylinders at Alcor: gay rights activist John Dentinger and Dora Kent, an elderly woman whose son, Saul Dent, gave Alcor lots of money.

Nothing in the book is as gruesome as Johnson's descriptions of what happened to Williams' body after it was sent to Alcor at the direction of the Williams' son John Henry Williams, who died of leukemia in 2004.

In 2003, The News reported that Buzz Hamon, the ballplayer's close friend and former director of the Ted Williams Museum in Hernando, Fla., sneaked into Alcor with the help of a mortician friend.

Hamon said he was "appalled" by the conditions there, where Williams' body and more than 50 others were stored in steel tanks alongside cardboard boxes and junk. Hamon died in 2004, reportedly committing suicide.

that guy is an *******

instead of stopping the problems, he documents it and writes a book to make money

I hope they do find him an have batting practice with his ****ing head

no the ******* is Ted Williams kid who let them freeze him to begin with

they have a special place in hell for Ted Williams Jr.

Archived