Joey Porter may miss Sunday's game against Bills

:Typotux:

Joey Porter might be absent for the Fins

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2009 6:59 AM ET

As the 0-3 Dolphins prepare to try to avoid dropping their fourth straight game in their first full game since the end of the 2007 season without quarterback Chad Pennington, they also might not have a key player on defense, at least for this week.

Linebacker Joey Porter hasn't practiced Wednesday or Thursday due to a lingering hamstring injury.

As Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel points out, Porter was limited by the injured leg muscle in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Chargers.

Prior to the Chargers game, Porter was able to practice, but on a limited basis.

"Joey's never gonna want to miss a game. He's going to want to play. We'll see," coach Tony Sparano said. "I always give him the benefit of the doubt because I know what he does in games."

Though Charlie Anderson split game reps with Porter last week, Kelly reports that, in Thursday's practice, Jason Taylor moved to Porter's spot on the right side of the defense, and Cameron Wake took Taylor's place on the left side.

Still, Kelly reports that Anderson is expected to start at home against the Bills if Porter can't play.

Not as adorable as Miami fans still being loyal to a ****ty franchise.

Don't worry that wont last long done here as soon as they think the team can't make the playoff they'll stop watching them.

I tried giving away tickets one year at the club for a Marlins game and all the customers were like WTF would we want those for but after they turned it around and made the playoff the same people came in with new Marlin shirts and flags on their cars. It's a ****ing joke down here.

Not as adorable as Miami fans still being loyal to a ****ty franchise.

See, if we didn't win the division last year this post might have some merit. As it were, you look like a sad homer.

There are only a few ****ty franchises in all of the NFL. Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo.

Don't worry that wont last long done here as soon as they think the team can't make the playoff they'll stop watching them.

I tried giving away tickets one year at the club for a Marlins game and all the customers were like WTF would we want those for but after they turned it around and made the playoff the same people came in with new Marlin shirts and flags on their cars. It's a ****ing joke down here.

Comparing the Dolphins to the Marlins shows how little you know about Miami sports fans.

The Marlins are, and always have been, the bottom of the SoFla food chain. There used to be a ****-ton of Pirates fans in Pittsburgh until they started sucking ass. How come you never hear anyone talking about their fans?

It's a selective bias transplants have because they feel New York (the place they moved from BTW) is superior in every way.

The Dolphins suck.

Thank Your for posting.

To my point, here we have a U of Miami fan who hates the Phins. Lemme guess, you're from NY, moved to Fla, realized the state of New York doesn't have **** for college football teams, and gravitated towards a winning franchise in the Canes while staying loyal to your "New York roots" and rooting for the Jets?

That about sum it up?

EDIT: Just so I'm not jacking this thread completely, Joey will probably play this week. Never count him out.

Thank Your for posting.

To my point, here we have a U of Miami fan who hates the Phins. Lemme guess, you're from NY, moved to Fla, realized the state of New York doesn't have **** for college football teams, and gravitated towards a winning franchise in the Canes while staying loyal to your "New York roots" and rooting for the Jets?

That about sum it up?

EDIT: Just so I'm not jacking this thread completely, Joey will probably play this week. Never count him out.

Or I moved to Florida to attend UM?

Could be that, too...

And for the record..since when are the Canes a "winning franchise"? First of all it's a school..second of all they haven't done squat in about 8 years.

Do you always have your period when the Dolphins suck?

Comparing the Dolphins to the Marlins shows how little you know about Miami sports fans.

The Marlins are, and always have been, the bottom of the SoFla food chain. There used to be a ****-ton of Pirates fans in Pittsburgh until they started sucking ass. How come you never hear anyone talking about their fans?

It's a selective bias transplants have because they feel New York (the place they moved from BTW) is superior in every way.

If it wasn't for NY Florida would be a backwoods inbred Southern state full of illegal aliens. If anything you should say thank you every time you see a New Yorker because we're the ones that made Florida what it is.

If it wasn't for NY Florida would be a backwoods inbred Southern state full of illegal aliens. If anything you should say thank you every time you see a New Yorker because we're the ones that made Florida what it is.

Yes, after I pass one driving 30 MPH on the Interstate, stand behind one arguing with the cashier at Publix over 3 dollars, and tell one to shut the F up at a Dolphins game, I'll thank them.

Yes, after I pass one driving 30 MPH on the Interstate, stand behind one arguing with the cashier at Publix over 3 dollars, and tell one to shut the F up at a Dolphins game, I'll thank them.

You wouldn't have the balls, Nancy.

It's okay..I'd be pissed if I went to a home game and saw more than half of the other team's fan base there too.

New Yorker like Gyno Tony? I should thank him. Puhlease, give me strength. The fact that you honestly believe that garbage you typed shows the true arogance of New Yorkers. Let's just say, and this is coming from a 3rd generation Florida native, that the influx of New Yorkers will never illicit a "thank you" from a single one of us. In fact, it's more likely to be a "**** you go home".

-End rant-

New Yorker like Gyno Tony? I should thank him. Puhlease, give me strength. The fact that you honestly believe that garbage you typed shows the true arogance of New Yorkers. Let's just say, and this is coming from a 3rd generation Florida native, that the influx of New Yorkers will never illicit a "thank you" from a single one of us. In fact, it's more likely to be a "**** you go home".

-End rant-

Don't worry New Yorkers stop coming here and a lot are going home. Hows the economy do now down here? In about 25 years there isn't going to be any Americans left in Florida anyway that's one of the main reason why we are going home.

It's ok you don't have to thank us for making Florida a real state instead of some backwoods **** hole like Alabama. We're leaving so have fun with your new state. I hope you learn Spanish, Creole and Portuguese.

Don't worry New Yorkers stop coming here and a lot are going home. Hows the economy do now down here? In about 25 years there isn't going to be any Americans left in Florida anyway that's one of the main reason why we are going home.

It's ok you don't have to thank us for making Florida a real state instead of some backwoods **** hole like Alabama. We're leaving so have fun with your new state. I hope you learn Spanish, Creole and Portuguese.

Don't forget to take your IROC Z with you.

It's starting to rebound. My old man just bought a condo in Delray for like 55 grand, supposedly there's a ton of tri-staters in their mid-50's who are just buying their retirement homes early now since the prices are too good to pass up.

CJ's an idiot, though this isn't new news. Floridians should be sending gift-baskets up north on a weekly basis, the northeast is their one and only hope of the housing market in that state getting better.

Thank Your for posting.

That about sum it up?

Or I moved to Florida to attend UM?

Could be that, too...

And for the record..since when are the Canes a "winning franchise"? First of all it's a school..second of all they haven't done squat in about 8 years.

Do you always have your period when the Dolphins suck?

:bwahaharoll:

Archived