ESPN Picks for Saints v. Jets

Saints Fan in Austin

I think if the Jets can get some kind of a running game going they can win. If the Jets have to get into a shootout then they have no shot.

There is alot of respect here for the Saints. Right now if I was picking I would probably say

Saints 24

Jets 20

Dont worry, its a great opportunity to prove many wrong. I actually do believe that not one analyst would pick the Jets. Lets be honest, we did have a history of being the big hype. But even if we lose, we still didnt go 0-4 like some of these guys said we could easily go. Its a Marathon, and we dont need to go 19-0 to win a superbowl.

I think with Rex it's more reliant on the system then the player. Granted great players are needed but I think Dwight is highly underestimated.

This is that SOJ attitude popping up, as soon as some adversity comes out way everyone is preparing for a loss.

The Jets will win this game Sunday, I know it.

27-17

I feel the same way. Don't think I agree with a Saints win being a unanimous pick.

why, they are pickin with no spread,,u r 6 1/2 pt favorites , at home, 2 of our starting DBs are out, our best pass rusher is out, we have a rookie QB..

This game is later in year , we win ez IMHO, road or home..

if they were pickin the spread I am sure many would pick us though

Dont worry, its a great opportunity to prove many wrong. I actually do believe that not one analyst would pick the Jets. Lets be honest, we did have a history of being the big hype. But even if we lose, we still didnt go 0-4 like some of these guys said we could easily go. Its a Marathon, and we dont need to go 19-0 to win a superbowl.

Agree with you 100%

It's ours for the taking, and if not, then we're 3-1, going into Kill-Dolphin mode come week 5. Either way, I think this week is a positive just to get past and move on.

STIL GO JETS!!!!!!

27-13

They are 7 point favs because they are playing at home. That means Vegas has the Saints about 4 points better. Fair enough. Doesn't look like these espn guys have too many diverse opinions anyway.

I thought I heard Schlereth pick the Jets yesterday on NFL Live. I guess he changed his opinion, but Wiley still picked us. But you give the home team 3 points automatically. So it's understandable that they would be 4 point favorites on an equal playing field.

Sapp picked us on Inside the NFL. He's the only one so far that I know of.

I saw that show and Sapp picked the Saints. He said we can't blitz because it will open up the run. **** that. Why are they going to be able to run if nobody else could?

Marcellus WIley picked us on NFL Live.

I saw that. The public call-in was heavily in favor of the Saints, but they are a TD favorite, that's only right.

why not? we have 2 of our 3 cb's out and our best pass rusher is still out and you guys have a big passing game. things aren't shaping up too well for us on this one.

Absolutely true. This is the worst possible game for the Jets to be missing their 2nd and 3rd CBs and still are without Pace. Add the fact that it is in NO, and I just don't see the Jets winning this one. Not saying the Saints are better than the Jets, they just have the right circumstances to win this one.

Absolutely true. This is the worst possible game for the Jets to be missing their 2nd and 3rd CBs and still are without Pace. Add the fact that it is in NO, and I just don't see the Jets winning this one. Not saying the Saints are better than the Jets, they just have the right circumstances to win this one.

So if the situation were reversed... If the Jets were the ones with the high flying offense and they were facing a strong defensive team missing it's #2 & 3 CB's, I'd be expecting the Jets to lose. The Jets have a history of making back-ups seem like all-pros. It's like they see that their opponent is weakened, they get overconfident as a result, and they get stunned.

So why not the other way around? The Saints are a lot like us, enjoying unprecedented success, being talked about in week three as a potential Super Bowl team, and now they're at home facing a depleted Jet team coming off a tough win against a (now) 0-3 football team. Maybe it's the Saints who come to this game overconfident. Maybe they're the ones believing their press-clippings, and it's the Jets who surprise in a positive way.

I gotta say, I like the Jets on both sides of the ball better than any of the Saints' opponents so far. I have confidence in Rex to put together a game plan for this game with the players he has. Kevin Kolb threw for 391 yards against this team, why can't the Rookie of the Month duplicate that?

F^ck it, Jets win! I mean, why not?!?

So if the situation were reversed... If the Jets were the ones with the high flying offense and they were facing a strong defensive team missing it's #2 & 3 CB's, I'd be expecting the Jets to lose. The Jets have a history of making back-ups seem like all-pros. It's like they see that their opponent is weakened, they get overconfident as a result, and they get stunned.

So why not the other way around? The Saints are a lot like us, enjoying unprecedented success, being talked about in week three as a potential Super Bowl team, and now they're at home facing a depleted Jet team coming off a tough win against a (now) 0-3 football team. Maybe it's the Saints who come to this game overconfident. Maybe they're the ones believing their press-clippings, and it's the Jets who surprise in a positive way.

I gotta say, I like the Jets on both sides of the ball better than any of the Saints' opponents so far. I have confidence in Rex to put together a game plan for this game with the players he has. Kevin Kolb threw for 391 yards against this team, why can't the Rookie of the Month duplicate that?

F^ck it, Jets win! I mean, why not?!?

I don't put much stock in the psychology of sports. I am an Xs and Os guy. And I just think the Jets are missing too many critical Xs to slow down the Saint's Os.

That being said, you did mention what I think is the X factor. Young Mr. Sanchez. In his 4th pro game, I am not expecting a 300+ yard/3TD/no picks game out of him...

but I would not be shocked. I think he is the key to the Jets chances of winning this game.

Archived