*** Official CAA Football 2009 Thread ***

uart

i think at the end of the day Appalachian State wins it all again..QB Edwards back and healthy after missing 1st part of season...

I'm pretty confident that my Villanova Wildcats are going to make a run for it. We are scary-good this year.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty confident that my Villanova Wildcats are going to make a run for it. We are scary-good this year.

i am sure they will,,nova a great team..

but smart money goes on the guys that have won it in 05/06/07 and were in

playoffs last year losing to eventual champ Richmond, and throw in a healthy armanti edwards (who was the qb in 06/07/08)..This is his last hurrah..

Villanova and Richmond are going to share the CAA title this year, but Villanova gets the Automatic bid on the strength of head-to-head record.

The CAA will get at least 4 playoff bids though. Villanova, Richmond, William and Mary and New Hampshire should all be in.

Villanova and Richmond are going to share the CAA title this year, but Villanova gets the Automatic bid on the strength of head-to-head record.

The CAA will get at least 4 playoff bids though. Villanova, Richmond, William and Mary and New Hampshire should all be in.

yeah u are lucky richmond kicker missed 2 extra points and

34 yd FG at buzzer vs Nova

Go Spiders

yeah u are lucky richmond kicker missed 2 extra points and

34 yd FG at buzzer vs Nova

Go Spiders

u mean richmond would have won if they converted just 1 of the 2 missed extra points??

damn, talk about givin game away..good news i guess is if they see them in playoffs they know they were better than them last time save for extra points

u mean richmond would have won if they converted just 1 of the 2 missed extra points??

damn, talk about givin game away..good news i guess is if they see them in playoffs they know they were better than them last time save for extra points

Cost them at least OT

34 yd FG at buzzer is a chip shot, missed it

Today same Kicker missed a 29 and 40 yd FG

Lucky for him he nailed a 49 yarder at Buzzer

Daughter's boyfriend frat brother is a star LB, he said W&M was best

team they faced. W&M has the best D in CAA

AP state will be tough

That game was on Richmond's home field. If we see them in the playoffs, they're either coming to Villanova, PA, or on a neutral field in Chattanooga.

;-)

One less team to kick around....

Northeastern follows BU to ghosts of teams past.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/ncf/news/story?id=4681701

That puts the conference at 13 teams by 2011: Delaware, Ga State, Hofstra, JMU, Old Dominion, Towson State, W&M, Maine, UMASS, UNH, URI, Nova and Richmond.

Currently they plan on running a 6 team North Division (w/Ga State) and 7 team South Division.

Any rumors on a possible 14th team? Or split of the CAA? Not too many Northern options unless a team like Holy Cross wants to leave their "non-schloarship" league or a team from the Northeast stepping up to be a punching bag until they get better.

One less team to kick around....

Northeastern follows BU to ghosts of teams past.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/ncf/news/story?id=4681701

That puts the conference at 13 teams by 2011: Delaware, Ga State, Hofstra, JMU, Old Dominion, Towson State, W&M, Maine, UMASS, UNH, URI, Nova and Richmond.

Currently they plan on running a 6 team North Division (w/Ga State) and 7 team South Division.

Any rumors on a possible 14th team? Or split of the CAA? Not too many Northern options unless a team like Holy Cross wants to leave their "non-schloarship" league or a team from the Northeast stepping up to be a punching bag until they get better.

since you do not play everyone in league, it doesn't matter

no it wont i hope richmond plays UNH every year

also allows to play a div1 school and get big bucks

Which UNH does every year already.

Assuming they follow the MAC lead, which I believe is 13 teams and two divisions, they will still have 8 conference games.

rich or app..

2 best teams imho, with edwards of app the best player left in tourney

Actually, Villanova and either SIU or Montana are the two best teams. Check the polls. That said, at this point you don't really have any BAD teams left. I mean, the weaker conference champs should all be eliminated.

Matt Szczur is probably the best offensive player left in the tourney. Villanova needs a tune-up on D (though they managed to pull themselves together eventually on saturday), but probably has the best offense in I-AA.

Good luck to Richmond getting past App State. I think they can do it.

Actually, Villanova and either SIU or Montana are the two best teams. Check the polls. That said, at this point you don't really have any BAD teams left. I mean, the weaker conference champs should all be eliminated.

Matt Szczur is probably the best offensive player left in the tourney. Villanova needs a tune-up on D (though they managed to pull themselves together eventually on saturday), but probably has the best offense in I-AA.

Good luck to Richmond getting past App State. I think they can do it.

who was talking about polls..I was referring to who I thought were the two best teams left.

App State didnt have edwards in 1st part of season. If he played they wouldnt have any losses and would be clear#1.

Edwards is best, not really close...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4270802

who was talking about polls..I was referring to who I thought were the two best teams left.

App State didnt have edwards in 1st part of season. If he played they wouldnt have any losses and would be clear#1.

Edwards is best, not really close...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4270802

Szczur was snubbed for the Payton award.

Villanova's offense might be the best in FCS, and the D is very athletic with a lot of playmakers. I honestly think 'Nova would beat Edwards/App State.

Archived