*** Official CAA Football 2009 Thread ***

uart

Szczur was snubbed for the Payton award.

Villanova's offense might be the best in FCS, and the D is very athletic with a lot of playmakers. I honestly think 'Nova would beat Edwards/App State.

Hopefully, the Wildcats can steal another one from Nova.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as usual in these playoffs, home teams favored..looks like Nova drew the easiest foe and quickest path to next round game.

New Hampshire

Villanova -7

Appalachian State

Richmond -4

William & Mary

Southern Illinois -1

Stephen F.Austin

Montana -4 1/2

Hopefully, the Wildcats can steal another one from Nova.

They can't. Villanova is the better team. That last game was Villanova's first real away game of the season and we weren't playing at our peak. UNH won't get away with it again this time.

They can't. Villanova is the better team. That last game was Villanova's first real away game of the season and we weren't playing at our peak. UNH won't get away with it again this time.

They are. Toman is an okay QB, but he is not Ricky Santos.

They are. Toman is an okay QB, but he is not Ricky Santos.

In the Santos/Ball years UNH was extremely tough. They'll be back though.

A thread this long for Div2, wow

Clearly you are not a College Football fan if you aren't aware that Division 1 has two subdivisions. Good FCS teams regularly beat FBS teams.

In the Santos/Ball years UNH was extremely tough. They'll be back though.

No, it is not that Toman is bad, but he is JAG.

If Santos never put UNH on the map, Toman would be a good QB, but he is the first QB after Ricky.

39-0 for Villanova in the 3rd Quarter... How is a team from New Hampshire this bad in the snow?

what happened to crowd?? I am reading some reports of empty seats all over place,,

I am in Philly today and the weather isnt that bad at all..light snow and in 30s

what happened to crowd?? I am reading some reports of empty seats all over place,,

I am in Philly today and the weather isnt that bad at all..light snow and in 30s

A LOT of people left at half-time. It looked like it was snowing hard during the first half.

Final score Villanova 46, UNH 7.

Villanova vs. William & Mary next week.

great game...

both teams played great..

armanti edwards does it yet again!!

Wow. What a 4th quarter!

Next week Montana gets their biggest challenge of the year. I expect Villanova to win, but W&M is going to give us a game. I kind of wanted the CAA to get three teams into the Semis. Oh well.

Wow. What a 4th quarter!

Next week Montana gets their biggest challenge of the year. I expect Villanova to win, but W&M is going to give us a game. I kind of wanted the CAA to get three teams into the Semis. Oh well.

sad thing is App didnt have edwards in 1st part of year and lost 2 games. otherwise they wouldnt be on the road..

oh well, they will have to do it the hard way..

That's true. We'll, I'll be pulling for Montana.

you would be very smart to root for Montana..

as evidenced last night, you would rather not play Armanti Edwards if you can help it.

Montana great team, but Edwards can take a team on his back if he has to.

Wow. What a 4th quarter!

Same here, that would have been cool.

I am glad my Wildcats gave your Wildcats a game for about 30 seconds. :bag:

Congrats. I hope Nova gets the title.

Way to go Richmond. :rolleyes:;)

tough to repeat as NC, maybe UNH will experience it 1 day;)

Doubtful.

Despite what the administration is saying in lieu of Hofstra and Northeastern, as the AD said, it is expensive flying a team to away games.

Now they are replacing bus trips to Boston and Jersey with plane trips to Georgia and one more to the mid-Atlantic.

I do not know how much hockey brings in, but I doubt it is enough for UNH to fund football to be flying up and down the coast.

Doubtful.

Despite what the administration is saying in lieu of Hofstra and Northeastern, as the AD said, it is expensive flying a team to away games.

Now they are replacing bus trips to Boston and Jersey with plane trips to Georgia and one more to the mid-Atlantic.

I do not know how much hockey brings in, but I doubt it is enough for UNH to fund football to be flying up and down the coast.

UNH draws very well, i went to a game vs richmond 3 years ago

They will always be a force IMO

i hope Richmond plays them at UNH next year

UNH draws very well, i went to a game vs richmond 3 years ago

They will always be a force IMO

i hope Richmond plays them at UNH next year

That would be nice.

Otherwise they might have to drop down to DIII and join Plmouth State and St. Anslem.

Doubtful.

hockey does not generate any revenue..at least significant revenue

Same here, that would have been cool.

I am glad my Wildcats gave your Wildcats a game for about 30 seconds. :bag:

Congrats. I hope Nova gets the title.

Way to go Richmond. :rolleyes:;)

Thanks man. The snow "iced" the passing game, otherwise it would've been more of a battle, I think.

By the way, according to Jeff Sagarin's computer: the CAA is once-again better than the Sun Belt conference: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc09.htm

I imagine that with Northeastern dropping football, it would be an even tougher conference next year (losing Hofstra might've balanced that out though).

Oh... also: Hofstra is on Long Island. AND I think the CAA will realign to move 'Nova and Delaware into the "North" portion of the subdivision

North would be: UNH, UMass, Maine, URI, Villanova and Delaware

South would be: James Madison, Towson, W&M, Richmond, Old Dominion and Georgia St.

As for the next two years (until ODU and GSU join)... looks like it will be an unbalanced division lineup.

Maybe move Villanova into the north division (with a guarantee that UDel will be on the schedule for rivalry purposes), and leave Delaware in the South?

Thanks man. The snow "iced" the passing game, otherwise it would've been more of a battle, I think.

By the way, according to Jeff Sagarin's computer: the CAA is once-again better than the Sun Belt conference: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc09.htm

I imagine that with Northeastern dropping football, it would be an even tougher conference next year (losing Hofstra might've balanced that out though).

No doubt.

The conference is a lot better today then it was three weeks ago.

Archived