*** Official CAA Football 2009 Thread ***

uart

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already booked my hotel for Chattanooga... WOO WOO!!! THE CHOO CHOO!

CHOO CHOO CHAMPIONS! VILLLANOVVVVAAA!!!

Congrats on Nova's win.

Make sure to make time for the largest mall in TN. J/K. Apparently, you can have a mall surrounded by small 'strip' type malls and give yourself the title of latgest mall. :hand:

guess again

4200 attended in a 12500 stadium

it was bad

They usually don't count the students in the attendance figures. That may be different in the playoffs, I don't know, but there is no real mechanism to count people entering through the student entrance to the stadium.

If that # is accurate though, then I guess I stand corrected. We had a bigger crowd than that for the regular season game vs. W&M.

Nova had the much easier ride

LOL. You're joking right?

Villanova had to beat #6 William and Mary, #10 New Hampshire and #19 Holy Cross to get into the damn Championship game... Are you going to tell me that Montana beating #5 and #12 to get there is dramatically more impressive?

Nova also played a tougher regular season schedule. Both teams earned their home field advantage, and were the #1 and #2 seeds in this tourney. W&M might have had the best defense in FCS football. Holy Cross had an electric offense. New Hampshire fell apart in the snow (but did you see what Montana did to S.F. Austin in the second round? Same thing.

Montana beat Idaho State by 1 point. Idaho State went 1-10 this year.

Good luck with being a hater.

Root against me, and we're fine. Try to bull**** me and you get my wrath. Nova's run was impressive. No less impressive than Montana's

Edited by uart

LOL. You're joking right?

Villanova had to beat #6 William and Mary, #10 New Hampshire and #19 Holy Cross to get into the damn Championship game... Are you going to tell me that Montana beating #5 and #12 to get there is dramatically more impressive?

Nova also played a tougher regular season schedule. Both teams earned their home field advantage, and were the #1 and #2 seeds in this tourney. W&M might have had the best defense in FCS football. Holy Cross had an electric offense. New Hampshire fell apart in the snow (but did you see what Montana did to S.F. Austin in the second round? Same thing.

Montana beat Idaho State by 1 point. Idaho State went 1-10 this year.

Good luck with being a hater.

Root against me, and we're fine. Try to bull**** me and you get my wrath. Nova's run was impressive. No less impressive than Montana's

Montana #1 in country

Ap state would have been #2 in country had Edwards not missed the

first 2 games due to injury

Richmond was #4 in country and had their kicker not miss 2 fgs and 2 extra

points, Nova would have been a 8th seed

Kappeesh

Not a hater, just the facts, 4200 fans for a semi final game is a joke....right?

Edited by afosomf

Montana #1 in country

Ap state would have been #2 in country had Edwards not missed the

first 2 games due to injury

Richmond was #4 in country and had their kicker not miss 2 fgs and 2 extra

points, Nova would have been a 8th seed

Kappeesh

Not a hater, just the facts, 4200 fans for a semi final game is a joke....right?

Could shoulda woulda.........those teams lost.

They are what they are....on the outside looking in.

Could shoulda woulda.........those teams lost.

They are what they are....on the outside looking in.

I've decided that for the purposes of this thread, I officially am pro-PFSIKH.

BTW, the new Sagarin ratings are out.

Villanova is the highest AA team at 35. W&M was 49. Montana is 61 and Richmond is 63. App State was 75th.

Using a more objective measure (computer rankings, rather than subjective polls, Villanova beat the second-best AA team in the semis, and the 6th-best in the quarter. Montana beat the 5th-best (a team that had just upset the 4th best), and 9th best and blew out the 19th-best team in the semis.

And to be clear: App State's loss to the 25th best AA team would not have significantly improved their rating if they had won. At best they would've passed Richmond or Montana to take 4/5.

Sagarin would put Villanova as a 6 point favorite over Montana on a neutral field.

I've decided that for the purposes of this thread, I officially am pro-PFSIKH.

BTW, the new Sagarin ratings are out.

Villanova is the highest AA team at 35. W&M was 49. Montana is 61 and Richmond is 63. App State was 75th.

Using a more objective measure (computer rankings, rather than subjective polls, Villanova beat the second-best AA team in the semis, and the 6th-best in the quarter. Montana beat the 5th-best (a team that had just upset the 4th best), and 9th best and blew out the 19th-best team in the semis.

And to be clear: App State's loss to the 25th best AA team would not have significantly improved their rating if they had won. At best they would've passed Richmond or Montana to take 4/5.

Sagarin would put Villanova as a 6 point favorite over Montana on a neutral field.

we shall see skippy

Richmond was #1 in country for most of year, had not been for their

idiot kicker Nova would be watchin right now

we shall see skippy

Richmond was #1 in country for most of year, had not been for their

idiot kicker Nova would be watchin right now

Are you saying kickers don't count? ... Because I can assure you they do. I sat through a BUNCH of games that Nova lost because of their kicker when I was an undergrad. We have a much better kicker now. That's how you win close games sometimes.

good luck to all left...

app outgained montana at montana 500 to 350, BUT, montana had 2 penalties for 15 yards , while app had I think 15 for 130 yards.. Yikes!!!!

app outplayed them but sadly shot themselves in foot..

edwards might have wrapped up his 2nd peyton award tough in game...

good luck to all left...

app outgained montana at montana 500 to 350, BUT, montana had 2 penalties for 15 yards , while app had I think 15 for 130 yards.. Yikes!!!!

app outplayed them but sadly shot themselves in foot..

edwards might have wrapped up his 2nd peyton award tough in game...

played in a snowstorm and 10 degrees

Ap played well and would have won in normal conditions

AP Montana and Richmond should not have been in same bracket

Um... and Nova W&M and New Hampshire were on the other side of the bracket... Oh, and W&M had to beat SIU (who were in the top-3 of the poll with Nova and Montana all year) to get to the final.

the bracket was pretty even. Only slightly unbalanced in the first round and ONLY because they try to keep unseeded teams closer to home (hence Nova vs. HC and Montana vs. SD State).

Um... and Nova W&M and New Hampshire were on the other side of the bracket... Oh, and W&M had to beat SIU (who were in the top-3 of the poll with Nova and Montana all year) to get to the final.

the bracket was pretty even. Only slightly unbalanced in the first round and ONLY because they try to keep unseeded teams closer to home (hence Nova vs. HC and Montana vs. SD State).

if you are going to argue make some phucking sense

Montana is number 1

Ap state is real #2 Armani edwards is best player in conf

Richmond #4

NH was not great this year, not even close

you did not even play SIU

W&M was also decent team in your bracket

If you beat Montana, crow all you want, maybe 1000 nova fans will actually

show up to see it

if you are going to argue make some phucking sense

Montana is number 1

Ap state is real #2 Armani edwards is best player in conf

Richmond #4

NH was not great this year, not even close

you did not even play SIU

W&M was also decent team in your bracket

If you beat Montana, crow all you want, maybe 1000 nova fans will actually

show up to see it

Only you and SouthernJet think that AP state is better than their ranking. Sorry. Edwards is great. Its a good team, but they're #5 in the polls, and that accounts for Edward's return. Also, being the best team in a conference that sent two teams to the playoffs and usually sends 1 isn't an accomplishment. Holy Cross was the best in their conference.

Villanova came out of CAA, which is BY FAR the toughest conference & they beat an FBS team. So did W&M. In fact, Nova WON the CAA.

William and Mary plays tougher D than App State or anyone else in FCS football.

Montana didn't play Richmond, App State did.

There really is no argument that the bracket was unfair. The best teams won. It's not like Nova played a cupcake in the semifinal. AppState was the lowest ranked team in the semis.

Only you and SouthernJet think that AP state is better than their ranking. Sorry. Edwards is great. Its a good team, but they're #5 in the polls, and that accounts for Edward's return. Also, being the best team in a conference that sent two teams to the playoffs and usually sends 1 isn't an accomplishment. Holy Cross was the best in their conference.

Villanova came out of CAA, which is BY FAR the toughest conference & they beat an FBS team. So did W&M. In fact, Nova WON the CAA.

William and Mary plays tougher D than App State or anyone else in FCS football.

Montana didn't play Richmond, App State did.

There really is no argument that the bracket was unfair. The best teams won. It's not like Nova played a cupcake in the semifinal. AppState was the lowest ranked team in the semis.

U still do not get ot, Armani did not play first 2 games, they lost both

AP state has won 3 championships in last 5 years. they would have been

#2 in nation

Holy Cross blows, your side of bracket was weak

Beat Montana and it is irrelevant

U still do not get ot, Armani did not play first 2 games, they lost both

AP state has won 3 championships in last 5 years. they would have been

#2 in nation

Holy Cross blows, your side of bracket was weak

Beat Montana and it is irrelevant

No, they wouldn't have been #2, because you can't establish that: 1) they would've won those games WITH edwards or 2) that the poll voters didn't give them a boost upon Edwards' return.

This may be the stupidest argument I've ever been involved in.

No, they wouldn't have been #2, because you can't establish that: 1) they would've won those games WITH edwards or 2) that the poll voters didn't give them a boost upon Edwards' return.

This may be the stupidest argument I've ever been involved in.

OMG you are obviously a bandwagon Nova fan who knows very little

about FCS

AP state won 3 national championships in last 5 years, 2 of which

were with Armani Edwards, u know the guy who went into

Mich 3 years ago and beat them in Ann Arbor

Beat Montana then talk your smack

I had so much fun in Chattanooga! I told y'all that my Wildcats were the best team out there this year. It's a shame that Szczur might leave early to play baseball. He was an absolute stud out there and was massively deserving of the most outstanding player award. I am still shocked that he didn't make the Walter Payton shortlist.